Bachmann Summer 2023 Announcements

AY Mod

I started a thread on NGRM about what direction 009 RTR could go next, and while there wasn’t a 100 percent consensus some names did pop up more than a few times -

- Single Fairlie

- Russell

- VOR 2-6-2

- WD Hunslet 4-6-0

- Darjeeling B Class

all of these would be great models, but I especially think that Darjeeling Locos and stock would be very popular. 

Edited by Rich Uncle Skeleton
  • Like 1

On 27/08/2023 at 19:49, stovepipe said:

There is some evidence of these features on the real loco.

02Jul75. Wakefield Kirkgate. EE Class 40 40039 (Ex D239). [Slide_A018]

Ooooooo nice !!!, thank you - my Accurascale Cemflo's have just found some traction 👍

Update 14/09/23 - Just unpacked it (life gets in the way 🙄) Nice, nice model - weathering is nicely done 👍

Edited by Southernman46
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Got  mine today. Threre using the newer zimo MS sound decoders now as well

Thats an interesting development - the previous sound fitted versions were on ESU V5's and if I recall correctly the project wasn't well regarded. Hopefully this is a new project and personally I always find Zimo gives better control. The current class 24 is superb so will be interested to hear the new class 20. 

1 hour ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Thats an interesting development - the previous sound fitted versions were on ESU V5's and if I recall correctly the project wasn't well regarded. Hopefully this is a new project and personally I always find Zimo gives better control. The current class 24 is superb so will be interested to hear the new class 20. 

No the 2019 ones including the whiskies galore set were V5 loksounds, but the newer tooled ones with lights were a zimo MX645 plux22. The new ones are an MS Zimo decoder - possibly the same one as in the newer class 37s.  Still the same sound project tho  so if you look on youtube at the new tooled ones youll get a sense of the sound. Dean Park station did a good one.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 26/08/2023 at 15:05, Widnes Model Centre said:

The weathered Class 40, 40039 has arrived. Not sure about the weathering, in particular the thick broken white roof line. Taken on camera phone so not the best photo.

CLASS40.jpg

As noted above, the broken white line was very much a feature of the condition of this loco up to withdrawal - indeed the white lining on the green livery often noticeably flaked on 'worn' green livery. I actually much prefer Bachmann's current weathering approach where actual photos are used in conjunction with printed rust spots, streaks etc. to model specific locos. So much better than the 'spray some brown on the lower half' approach. 

Edited by andyman7
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2