Bachmann Summer 2023 Announcements

AY Mod

Reggie Rail 117 would be nice, as would a banger blue 101 with route number boxes.  More Mk2F coaches in Blue and Grey together with a Mk1 buffet with lighting to match.  All relatively simple re-liveries.

Fantasy Island frothing: AL1/Class 81, and an AM10/Class 310 just as I am about to fork out for a Britannia Pacific model of the class.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Southernman46 said:

We're wishlisting ......................... 🤦‍♂️

Anything wrong with having pleasant dreams in a speculations thread?

Lord knows real life is miserable enough and lost all hope of pleasant dreams there.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Narrow down the list…

Bachmann have done: 03,04,08(09),20,24(25),37,40,42(43),44(45,46),47,55,66,70,90

Remove recent releases in the last few years, & retools within a decade: 04,55,66

Remove specifically excluded your left with 55,66

of those two I know which one i’m going with.

Indeed, you can have 4 rotating fans on a Deltic... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Southernman46 said:

Ooooo - just for a mo I thought I'd missed an announcement about the  SR Electric locos 🙄

That was my first thought when Bachmann first announced a 70 all those years ago. The TOPs numbering system is really far too limited!

My heart also leaped for joy when Hornby announced an L1, only to discover it was an LNER loco not the southern one.....

My predictions for the Autumn announcement:

Graham Farish, further runs of:

• Class 158
  • Class 47 (may possibly be the Winter announcement)
  • Class 14

Branchline outside possibility of further Mark 1 carriages being announced, but IMO more likely to be made at the Winter announcement.

1 hour ago, Paul.Uni said:

My predictions for the Autumn announcement:

Graham Farish, further runs of:

• Class 158
  • Class 47 (may possibly be the Winter announcement)
  • Class 14

The 14 is due Sept/Oct so should be in the next announcement. The obvious additions will be sound options on the NCB and maroon one's. Possibly one of the fictional preserved versions done as well such as black or golden ochre

The 47 is down for Nov/Dec so that will be November announcement at best. Hopefully they will have sound back for this one after they dropped it.

The 158 is due Oct/Nov so could be in either announcement, my guess is the one after. What is interesting is the History of the  class on the model page says "  Some 158s have been converted to additional Class 159s and now operate for South Western alongside their original classmates 159001-022, upon which our model of 159013 is based. " will they drop a 159 at the same time in N gauge? Possibly sound addition for these as well. 

I can certainly see other liveries added to this batch  

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Ed-farms said:

The 14 is due Sept/Oct so should be in the next announcement. The obvious additions will be sound options on the NCB and maroon one's. Possibly one of the fictional preserved versions done as well such as black or golden ochre

The 47 is down for Nov/Dec so that will be November announcement at best. Hopefully they will have sound back for this one after they dropped it.

The 158 is due Oct/Nov so could be in either announcement, my guess is the one after. What is interesting is the History of the  class on the model page says "  Some 158s have been converted to additional Class 159s and now operate for South Western alongside their original classmates 159001-022, upon which our model of 159013 is based. " will they drop a 159 at the same time in N gauge? Possibly sound addition for these as well. 

I can certainly see other liveries added to this batch  

159/1 are ex-Transpennine units, and some 158/8 2 cars (158880-90) run to extend the existing services….
However these 158/8’s are mostly in old SWT livery, not SWR, which hints they may not be long term.

Edited by adb968008

5 hours ago, JSpencer said:

My heart also leaped for joy when Hornby announced an L1, only to discover it was an LNER loco not the southern one.....

As did many Great Eastern fans when an E4 was announced... 😕

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, County of Yorkshire said:

The Collett sunshine coaches are in dire need of a retool. That said, I’d actually rather see Accurascale or Rapido tackle these… 

Though Bachmann’s more recent iterations….the Bulleid & Thompsons for instance….demonstrate that they are very much up there with the best. Though I’m certain that someone will soon mention relative cost. Thus I’ll,as it were,head’em off at the pass…..giving it a cursory nod. Both these and the Centenary stock need new tooling. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Though Bachmann’s more recent iterations….the Bulleid & Thompsons for instance….demonstrate that they are very much up there with the best. Though I’m certain that someone will soon mention relative cost. Thus I’ll,as it were,head’em off at the pass…..giving it a cursory nod. Both these and the Centenary stock need new tooling. 

I do agree that the recent Baccy Thompsons & Bulleids are superb, but being selfish I wish for an alternate manufacturer of late-period Collett stock simply because it’s probable that they would be £10-£20 per coach cheaper. And given that I would need as many as two dozen Sunshine coaches, the price differential would certainly stack up! 

Let’s see. We don’t yet have Rapido & Accurascale coaching stock in our hands to judge, but I’m confident they’d do a sterling job. The development shots of the B-Set coaches of the former look very nice indeed, and the latter’s Siphons are tremendous. I’d be delighted to see either of them have a go at what is a very idiosyncratic GWR coach design. I wouldn’t be upset at Bachmann announcing these, but it wouldn’t be my first preference. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

It wouldn’t surprise me to see a new tooled 66, to go head to head with AS, but I’d also have thought maybe something of the Unit variety would come through maybe some 158’s. Must be time for some sort of kettle upgrade or new type. And I’d like to see the Mk.2F tooling used to do some other liveries, like anglia as mentioned maybe WCRC, or Statesman or even some north Britton coaches?

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1