Bachmann Summer 2023 Announcements

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, 40002 said:

But the thing with the Bachman 37 chains attaching to the chassis and not the body, it doesn't really spoil the look of the loco if you take them off, where as with the Deltic it does, you also have the major issue on the Deltic where to take the body off you have to detach the chains. I attempted to fit a sound decoder to one of mine but there was no way I was taking the body off, and so I had to find a small speaker which I could slide under roof instead of the big AS speaker.

Both my Deltics have had the chains removed, and the next batch will have them attached to the chassis. I have a second Bachmann 37/4 and the Accurascale one with all 4 chains intact! The dodgy jumper sockets on the Bachmann 37 benefit from some little blobs of epoxy around 3 of the outer edges leaving the soldered contacts bare just in case they still needs to be resoldered at some point.

• Agree 1

I’m surprised having just got them out, how dated the 2015 Bachmann 37 looks….high ride height, not much detail and those god forsaken windows…hard to see how I’ll be able to keep em , when accura do a livery , sub class combination I’m after 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

I’m surprised having just got them out, how dated the 2015 Bachmann 37 looks….high ride height, not much detail and those god forsaken windows…hard to see how I’ll be able to keep em , when accura do a livery , sub class combination I’m after 

I’ve Shawplanned all my old Bachmann 37s and 40s. Needs someone to bite the bullet and do an up-to-date 40 to the same standards as the current pair of 37s.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 97406 said:

I’ve Shawplanned all my old Bachmann 37s and 40s. Needs someone to bite the bullet and do an up-to-date 40 to the same standards as the current pair of 37s.

Re the 40...

Not just anyone though!

Someone with a proven record in the areas/details/variations necessary.

Kev.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, SHMD said:

Re the 40...

Not just anyone though!

Someone with a proven record in the areas/details/variations necessary.

Kev.

Aye, it's got to be accurate, especially the screens!

• 3 weeks later...

A bit late, but I had these to hand so........... 40039 at Derby 7th June 1975. By then awaiting the call to Crewe Works for an overhaul and repaint into blue like the rest (except D322 and 40106), which for this unfortunate example never came. Well, the call did, but the 'overhaul' turned into an appointment with a man with a gas axe who cut the poor thing in half (shudder)......as a result I'm actually quite pleased to see Bachmann stage a 1/76th scale resurrection - gone but not forgotten!

750607_40039Derby_2.jpg.b8214a039671c971635f734b015c059b.jpg

750607_40039Derby_1.jpg.0e298dbf3f44429d17cbd1a5ab701a36.jpg

• Like 17

• 3 weeks later...

The past couple of years have seen an all new rebooted OO gauge diesel appear. 

Of course they will eventually dry up. But what beast could appear this time ????

The 20, 24, 25, 40 and 70 are already underway as either new or enhanced toolings. 

The Peaks????

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, JSpencer said:

Of course they will eventually dry up. But what beast could appear this time ????

The 20, 24, 25, 40 and 70 are already underway as either new or enhanced toolings. 

The Peaks????

Narrow down the list…

Bachmann have done: 03,04,08(09),20,24(25),37,40,42(43),44(45,46),47,55,66,70,90

Remove recent releases in the last few years, & retools within a decade: 04,55,66

Remove specifically excluded your left with 55,66

of those two I know which one i’m going with.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JSpencer said:

The Peaks????

Ooooo - just for a mo I thought I'd missed an announcement about the  SR Electric locos 🙄

• Funny 1