Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Coronation of His Majesty the King, Class 66, 06523 'King Charles III' - Club Exclusive

miles73128

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

Same as the Flying Scotsman clocks - because people buy them. Honestly, I quite fancy one as it's so ridiculous. It's not as odd ad the Peco stuff though. Charles and Diana MGR wagon as I recall...

No, Charles and Diana was the Wonderful Wagon posted above.  The purple and gold MGR wagon was for William and Kate.  Harry and Meghan got a TTA and a bug box.  

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, big jim said:

I must admit the mock livery is actually very nice and would look good for real but I think it’s the ‘god save the king’ sound chip which ‘tackifies’ the model for me 

Can we have this one singing God Bless the Prince of Wales please

image.png.05c8907c0199acd475a8b5db613c10b7.png

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, Neil said:

Vulgar would be an understatement; it has all the style and class of the Flying Scotsman clock.

scotclock.jpg.992f409b64fa5db2d69842ab898742cf.jpg

Steady on! I actually find the Flying Scotsman clock quite tasteful, compared to the purple 66…

4 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Could have used the number 66523

Or they could have done this to a class 06. Hornby do have one after all.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, 009 micro modeller said:

Steady on! I actually find the Flying Scotsman clock quite tasteful, compared to the purple 66…

There was a similar item in a local jeweller's window for a while, years ago, except that the loco was a Thompson B2 (no, not a B1 or a B17).  It was a bizarrely obscure choice for a piece of general tat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

How, exactly, would they show patriotism? Hornby makes toy trains. They made a purple one. It's not even the first commemorative model they have produced.

Instead of "God Save the King", the speaker could've played the "invitation" to swear allegiance to King Charles. Now wouldn't that be patriotic?

Anyways thanks Hornby for providing the laugh of the day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

Day off today, emails, text message and one telephone call asking can we order this?

To save any further enquiries, our allocation is completely sold out. Sorry 😢 

Wait, isn't it a club exclusive? So how does a retailer get allocations?

(Or is it an obvious joke?)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Flying Pig said:

There was a similar item in a local jeweller's window for a while, years ago, except that the loco was a Thompson B2 (no, not a B1 or a B17).  It was a bizarrely obscure choice for a piece of general tat.

A B2 clock? Do they have a range for all LNER locos? What about a J52 wristwatch? 😂

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I get that it'll sell well to the target audience but it makes you do a double take as you're

not sure it's not something produced by " Viz "

A1352E4B-923E-4162-AC0C-E04D64FF7689.jpeg.b8346dd8095a0b435735e5cb2722309b.jpeg

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

Two questions:

1) Does the National Anthem get faster as the loco gets faster?

2) Does the National Anthem play backwards when running in "reverse" (I guess based off a controller)?

That is all I'm saying about this thing

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

54 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

2) Does the National Anthem play backwards when running in "reverse" (I guess based off a controller)?

No, but I can whisper subliminal messages if you like: Why did I buy this tosh? Why did they think this was a good idea? Will this match the Taw Valley Model  and that Bachmann China South Manchurian Railway tank engine thing? Why's my tea on the floor?

(BTW if Faller were to release an HO Oxford-Didcot replacement bus service model that played funereal music - or even just muffled sobbing - I'd be more interested in commemorating that particular "once in a lifetime event"...)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, woodenhead said:

They've made Prince Charles into a sort of Lord Farquaad here

image.png.a510de13c1e7ff063826d0c1c0d9f09d.png

Really miffs me that HM The Queen isn’t wearing a hat in that episode! She would always wear a hat out in public! Yes I know I’m being picky within a kids show about talking trains but come on! 

• RMweb Premium

What the union jack underpant wearing, flag waving Herbert chooses to spend their money on isn't a problem, as long as they deploy it in the privacy of their home. But think forward to the autumn exhibition season when hundreds, (thousands?) of these vile things are released to the wild. Someone will undoubtedly think it's a bit of a wheeze to have the blasted thing circling endlessly belting out 'God save the King'. I think I'm going to buy shares in an earplug company.

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

reading the full description it's still not entirely clear to me but I just did some basic maths and came to the conclusion it's worth leaving the order in

A member gets £17.59 back off it and the postage is free. Now here is the cancel or leave part - it includes a 21 pin tsx sound chip whose sound map includes the anthem. So nothing to stop up you downloading the normal 66 soundmap by the app or taking it out and using it in any other 21 pin loco the app supports. 

So the chip is 69.99 +17.59 so let's say 87.50 extra value included. I'm not including the fact it's hardly likely that points won't be put towards it in the first place.

So 43.50 for a souvenir (let's be fair railroad standard) class 66 isn't that bad. Let's face it it could be worth thousands on eBay for Christmas 🎄😋😉😉

Edited by Ighten

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Neil said:

What the union jack underpant wearing, flag waving Herbert chooses to spend their money on isn't a problem, as long as they deploy it in the privacy of their home. But think forward to the autumn exhibition season when hundreds, (thousands?) of these vile things are released to the wild. Someone will undoubtedly think it's a bit of a wheeze to have the blasted thing circling endlessly belting out 'God save the King'. I think I'm going to buy shares in an earplug company.

So are you ordering one? Not sure from what you've said. 😁

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, John M Upton said:

I just re read the email, in true Hornby fashion, the Coronation is this Saturday, the tat model is not expected until September!!!

Yup I thought that too !  From the new Hornby missed the bandwagon range . Inspiring 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I deleted the next line, but go on then..

They could name a Deltic* as Queen Camila

* several were named after horses.

And paint it purple !

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Legend said:

And paint it purple !

One was quite enough thank you; don't want them breeding.

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

Anyone want to start a book on if this even a) arrives this year b) comes with the union jack applied the wrong way up. C) is a more hideous interpretation of a guess at  royal 🟣 than we ever imagined. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Better name it after a gelding then.

It may be too late to make nominations.

• Craftsmanship/clever 2