Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

DEMU ShowCase 2023 Exhibition 17th & 18th June

grahame

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Looking forward to this show. I didn't make it last year & given the choice between WCML & M1/M6, I'll take the train. 

Are there pubs nearby which do a good selection of beers?

The Station Pub round the corner from the venue is a good shout

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Was debating about coming over on the train but it’s a bus from crewe to Stafford for Lichfield trent valley and it will take me 2 hours, it’s also £30+ for the ticket so I think I’ll be driving over in a bit instead! 

• RMweb Premium

Hello everyone. 

We have had a problem with the card readers today. This has effected DEMU only, so tomorrow we will be only taking cash on the front door, membership stand and second hand. We hoped it would be sorted out by the close of show today, sadly it hasn't. We are sorry for the inconvenience this might cause. 

The venue is close to the town centre, 5 mins walk,  for access to ATMs.  

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I think it was me who broke the card machine, you were doing alright until I got there!! 

good show as usual, came away with 3 locos and a few bits and bobs, saw lots of people I knew, some not whom I’d not seen for years, some I saw only last week in crewe!!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

On the Voyager on the way home from my first Showcase in years. Really enjoyed the show, Cracking layouts and great to catch up and put a few new faces to names.

Jo

Nice to meet you Jo and enjoyed the ride up makes a great day out when you bump into a crowd on the train and have the show too. Pennies were spent chats were had and a thoroughly enjoyable day. Shirebrook and Tulloch Bridge made it for me but lots to see and the wallet somehow avoided being flayed to within an inch of its life with Kernow bargains! Messers Muz, Paley & co. we know your game! 😆

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hello everyone. 

We have had a problem with the card readers today. This has effected DEMU only, so tomorrow we will be only taking cash on the front door, membership stand and second hand. We hoped it would be sorted out by the close of show today, sadly it hasn't. We are sorry for the inconvenience this might cause. 

The venue is close to the town centre, 5 mins walk,  for access to ATMs.  

A bit surprised that only there was only one card reader on the door and one on the second hand sales area (which failed late morning)

A  large percentage of people now  carry very little cash with them any more.

Hopefully some one has popped out and bought a couple more card readers this afternoon.

Terry 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

A great exhibition and most enjoyable with a good selection of layouts and supporting traders.

Good to see many friends from all over the UK

Thanks to all who made it possible.

Terry 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

A bit surprised that only there was only one card reader on the door and one on the second hand sales area (which failed late morning)

A  large percentage of people now  carry very little cash with them any more.

Hopefully some one has popped out and bought a couple more card readers this afternoon.

Terry 

They seemed to think it was the account rather than the readers that was the problem, it’s a shame it was cash only on the club stall as despite getting some money there were a couple of items I’d have had if the card machine was working 

• Like 1

First time I've been to the DEMU showcase.  I enjoyed it - a nice selecction of layouts, good trade stands and not too crowded.  Must get round to signing up to the DEMU society.

Thanks to all those who contributed to the show.

Teabag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

Nice to meet you Jo and enjoyed the ride up makes a great day out when you bump into a crowd on the train and have the show too.

Yes likewise Paul, it was great atmosphere on the way up, definitely added to the day!

Jo

• RMweb Premium

I’ve also been today, glad I had a few £ in my pocket so I could get in.   Train fare was £55 so not much left to spend in the show, but the main reason I went was to meet Tim Horn and order baseboards for my next OO layout (must  get rid of the old one to make room).  Shirebrook was outstanding.

• RMweb Gold

May I add my thanks and best wishes to all concerned for this show, visited yester-day.  Spent too much money as usual, paid my respects to Mr David Larkin, discovered the Indian street food stalls in the shopping centre for lunch, and lurked for too long around 'Hillport Goods'.  I hope all enjoyed themselves and thought their attendance worthwhile.

Thank you all for your hard work, and I look forward to 2024's show.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We enjoyed our visit this morning, very good selection of layouts and good to see various people that I’d not seen for far too long. 
It’s probably a good thing that I’m waiting to get paid, I could have spent a lot of money 

Andi

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1