DEMU ShowCase 2023 Exhibition 17th & 18th June

grahame

• RMweb Gold

May I just reiterate the remarks above about how convenient the venue is for Sutton Coldfield railway station.  I was delighted to discover this last year, and hope as many as possible will do the planet a favour and arrive by train.  Bon voyage to you all, and thanks for organising this exhibition.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Me too, fingers crossed on the strike front!

Mike.

No strikes called in June and as they have to give 14 days notice, I think we're good to go.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

I won't be able to attend this year, which is a shame because last year's was one of the best exhibitions I've ever been to. I have a lot of super-expensive stuff happening in June (baseball in London the following weekend; my daughter's graduation) and I just can't afford it.

I'm definitely looking forward to next year's,  though.

• Friendly/supportive 2

38 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Cant believe its only a week to go until the show, feels like I have rather a lot still to get done before Friday!

Why??

Are you re-gauging it again to TT this time 😜😜😜

Cheers

Neal.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Revolution Trains will be there and as Mike and I are both long time DEMU members this is one of our favourite shows.  You'll find us on stand 8 in the left corner of the auditorium (as you come in) next to Rainbow Railways.

As ever we will have all the latest samples on display and are always happy to chat to visitors and answer questions.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi all,

Revolution Trains will be there and as Mike and I are both long time DEMU members this is one of our favourite shows.  You'll find us on stand 8 in the left corner of the auditorium (as you come in) next to Rainbow Railways.

As ever we will have all the latest samples on display and are always happy to chat to visitors and answer questions.

cheers

Ben A.

You'll be there with the ersatz Yorkshireman then?!!

Mike.

5 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi all,

cheers

Ben A.

I’m looking forward to seeing some Alcan PCA samples 😉  Tulloch Bridge is crying out for them.

Really looking forward to next weekend, Showcase is always a great and friendly show.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Rammstein2609 said:

I’m looking forward to seeing some Alcan PCA samples 😉  Tulloch Bridge is crying out for them.

Really looking forward to next weekend, Showcase is always a great and friendly show.

Cheers

Martin

Ah good will be great to see Tulloch Bridge. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ColinK said:

Excellent to have the guide available on the DEMU website.  Day off work and train tickets booked. But I can’t find my DEMU membership card.

We should have a current member list on the door. Did you use your free ticket last year?

Guy

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Just hope Clive isn't on the door then!

Mike.

All those who will be on the front door are on the look out for a 6ft something grey haired man dressed a school boy trying to get in cheap, now he knows he can't get in as a OAP.

• Funny 2

Clive Mortimore - “If traveling by train the Town Hall is a 2 to 3 minute walk from the station.

There is parking close by in Anchorage Road car park, at the station, Railway Road car park, and the Reddicroft car park, all only a few minutes walk away.”

Any idea of these car parks’ charges - and do you pay by coins, cards or awkward app?
I suddenly now have the weekend free so can attend DEMU Showcase for the very first time, so naturally checked my train travel options. Lucky me, my Surrey line has weekend engineering works with replacement buses so 3hr 50m or 4hr 46m including four or five changes!  Meanwhile AA Journey Planner reckons 2hr 29m to 3hr 9m by car including M25/40/42, hence my parking query. Any advice appreciated; would Sunday be better if driving?

Edited by ModRXsouth
Spelling

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

All those who will be on the front door are on the look out for a 6ft something grey haired man dressed a school boy trying to get in cheap, now he knows he can't get in as a OAP.

You forgot the Blades shirt, which I myself will be wearing, and Mr Palmer will also be likewise adorned just to bring a degree of sartorial elegance to the proceedings.

Mike.

• Funny 1