British Railway Announcement Winter 2023 - the usual guessing and wishlisting.

Suzy Sulzer

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Nah i’d have Bahamas in the main range, why ham string it to a limited edition, back in the early 1990’s when it was last done they couldnt sell enough of them back then too…

A 45699 in BR Maroon would be good and traditionally these types of limited editions in the collectors club have sold well.

Have also done 45596 from the current tooling as a ltd edition for Hornby Mag - weathered with the cabside diagonal stripe. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wainwright1 said:

How about an LMS brake van in Somerset and Dorset livery.

They already have the tooling.

Could be a club model.

Ray

Given the trend over the last year or so for pre-48 and pre-grouping wagon releases from Rapido etc., might we get something to follow on from the recent EFE LSWR vans?

Edited by Invicta
  • Like 1

I think earlier comments about the Anglia Mk2fs might be a good call, especially as some of the "maximum capacity" sets ran with a Mk2f buffet first, although to accurately model one of the commuter rakes you would need them to produce one of the 76 seat modified Mk2f open firsts which had a unidirectional second class interior with a bus seat seating pitch.  I'd hope that if Bachmann did release an Anglia rake they would release a debranded Virgin 90 to go with it and an Anglia 150, one of the nicest liveries the class carried.

"And now, from Norwich, it's the froth of the week"

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stewartingram said:

No recent steam locos? Short memories, what about the V2?

I think the comments on steam outline are more that since Bachmann switched to the quarterly announcements there hasn't been an all new 00 gauge steam loco announced rather than none released since the switch. From memory since the switch in terms of non commissions there's been 94xx, Midland 1p and the V2 which were all announced prior to the change in announcement system.

Diesels I think there's been Class 20/24/25/37/47 announced and delivered since the move to quarterly annoucements and the 69 announced. So perhaps people (including myself) are hoping there's something coming for steam as it feels 00 steam is due a turn.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Based on responses here to previous announcments, I think I can confidently predict that what we'll get is too much of something, not enough of something else, they'll carry on ignoring the most obvious choices, and the prices will make everyone's eyes water.

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

Except 00 and 00-9 are of course the same scale...

This is my thinking too. I read the announcement of over scales as something definitely in N gauge and 00 and/or 009. If it said two gauges (the argument is largely the same but definitely 00 as N and 009 are the same gauge. 

I suspect something these will be perhaps a bit more subtle e.g. Modern Ffestiniog Ladies is technically new tooling. I struggle to believe that more than 1 major locomotive tooling will be announced especially as it's only a matter of time for the 25s and 69s.

Wagons and coaches also count and it may well be that all the emphasis is placed here since there are plenty of obvious gaps.

• Like 1

A refurbished 4CEP in NSE Kent Coast livery*, or if they haven't got round to tooling the TS yet, a 3CEP.

I possibly see why the 4TEP was done given the immediate availability of the buffet car, but the short lived  SWT 3CEP is a bit of a mystery......shooooorly one in NSE would have a greater sales potential,  after all they had a 10+ lifespan as 3 car units.

*see also LSE 'Jaffa Cake' livery

In anticipation 

Graeme 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Kaput said:

Blurred image of the club magazine in the latest club email looks very like a maroon livered steam loco

I thought it looked like a maroon steam. Didn't they do the 8F in maroon as a club model in N... they do like to do the same in both gauges so maybe we're getting that! 😂

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

I don't think anyone's speculated on the 'missing' Trailer Second for a 3H DEMU ......... or a Trailer Second ( x2 ) to make a 4EPB using existing 2EPB motor coaches.

I gave up on that one years ago.  Low hanging fruit that remains unpicked IMHO.

• Like 1

Poor effort on the wishlisting folks, only 5 pages and the announcement is in 13.5 hours. 

I'm going to suggest a new  livery Quarry Hunslet in 009, and go for something small and 0-6-0 in 00, like a 2F, J10, Cauliflower Goods or the like as new tooling.