British Railway Announcement Winter 2023 - the usual guessing and wishlisting.

Suzy Sulzer

• RMweb Gold

I'm not a club member but have an account with Bachmann as I've bought spares a couple of times. I got the newsletter today although I had to retrieve it from my junk mail folder. 

• Like 1

Hopefully something 5XP shaped such as 45596. That BCC support coach could do with something to go behind!

The variations of the Jubilees were mentioned some time back and Jubilees have always been Mainline/Bachmann territory. I don't think there has been a long firebox version available for a very long time. 

I won't mention the 8F....

Jason

• Like 4

9 hours ago, RateTheFreight said:

To clarify the email says 4 x new tooling over two scales. From memory winter seems to focus in part on 009 new tooling.

email doesn’t say what new tooling is ie locos or stock. 

9 hours ago, LNERandBR said:

Could easily include Linda and Blanche in their modern forms given they have only been available from the Ffestiniog. The announcement could be that they are becoming more widely available.

Some 009 is bound to be involved in the announcement I imagine, but how does the quarterly Bachmann announcement system work in relation to the annual catalogue ? Or are Bachamnn releasing catalogue upgrades ?  Never bought a model railway catalogue so not an issue to me, but I have speculated this year whether Bachmann might offer more than just one green and one blue version of their new tool 25/1.   

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Some 009 is bound to be involved in the announcement I imagine, but how does the quarterly Bachmann announcement system work in relation to the annual catalogue ? Or are Bachamnn releasing catalogue upgrades ?  Never bought a model railway catalogue so not an issue to me, but I have speculated this year whether Bachmann might offer more than just one green and one blue version of their new tool 25/1.   

There is a catalogue supplement issued each quarter, announcements prior to catalogue are incorporated as an appendix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, considering that the ex-National Museum, now Swanage Railway, Adams  T3  4-4-0 has recently been steamed, some manufacturer will be announcing it before, or during, Warley  -  might as well be Bachmann.

Edited by phil gollin
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Hopefully something 5XP shaped such as 45596. That BCC support coach could do with something to go behind!

The variations of the Jubilees were mentioned some time back and Jubilees have always been Mainline/Bachmann territory. I don't think there has been a long firebox version available for a very long time. 

I won't mention the 8F....

Jason

Ah, the Jubilee! IMHO one of the most beautiful of steamers, especially in red. Original domeless boiler, modified original boiler, long firebox boiler, double chimneyed and the rebuilt pair. Standardisation was supposed to be a thing on the LMS.

Bachmann needs to look to its laurels or someone else will invade its territory. We have been promised a model of the much delayed new build Patriot, so a new chassis is presumably under development.

5664Nelson2.jpg.fab0231ccfab59af8d78ecff56f8d6e5.jpg

5721Impregnable.jpg.440d121d2caed141919963388715384b.jpg

• Like 4

Ooh, a Bachmann Cresta* run...

I wonder if the much anticipated Class 170 retool will break cover?  I'm sure it was announced when Methusulah was was a toddler and he's qualified for his pension now.

*Cresta was the name of a vile chemical fizzy pop in the 1970s which had the advertising jingle "It's frothy, Man"

• Agree 3
  • Funny 3

2 hours ago, phil gollin said:

Well, considering that the ex-National Museum, now Swanage Railway, Adams  T3  4-4-0 has recently been steamed, some manufacturer will be announcing it before, or during, Warley  -  might as well be Bachmann.

To me, that makes excellent sense, given the production of the EFE coaches. Will it make sense to Bachmann?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

In addition to  new toolings I hope there'll be some reliveries. Though we've had plenty of those through the year. 

Sadly the Bachmann announcements don't generally same excitement as Hornby that maybe my impression only I guess.

Edited by davidw
  • Like 1

I was expecting the Penrhyn ladies as 2-4-0s but with those already done I think that makes the NG16s more likely or perhaps a single Fairlie 'Taliesin' but I don't know if there latter would generate enough sales as they're aren't many liveries. The Hunslet 4-6-0 would be a nice model alongside the Baldwin but again unlike the Baldwins only ran in black I think. It does feel long overdue for a 00 steam now so perhaps one of those. A L&Y A class would be a good shout with lots of liveries or could they go after something like an 8F.

I agree a 45596 would be very nice!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well Revolution have said that someone was looking at an OO class 313 , because they are not upscaling their N one . Accurascale have regrettably confirmed it’s not them , so it could be Bachmann .  If it is it will be a great model . Not looking forward to the price though 

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Karl said:

I was expecting the Penrhyn ladies as 2-4-0s but with those already done I think that makes the NG16s more likely or perhaps a single Fairlie 'Taliesin' but I don't know if there latter would generate enough sales as they're aren't many liveries. The Hunslet 4-6-0 would be a nice model alongside the Baldwin but again unlike the Baldwins only ran in black I think. It does feel long overdue for a 00 steam now so perhaps one of those. A L&Y A class would be a good shout with lots of liveries or could they go after something like an 8F.

I agree a 45596 would be very nice!

I’d be ecstatic with an NGG16 as there’s the continental (SAR) modelling potential too. They have a size and presence that would stand out for a 009 model. Someone once told me one had been measured but who knows how accurate that gen is. 

• Like 1