Bachmann Europe - Winter 2023 Announcements

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium

Very solid set of releases, the refurbished 411 sets are especially welcome. Bachmann did a splendid job with the 411, it still cuts the mustard (and then some) so to get refurbished examples is tip top. The Tinsley 37 looks very nice too. Good to see Bachmann doing a nicely balanced set of releases, should be something of interest to most people.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Nice to see the Thompson Full Brake announced; I thought it was strange that they omitted it from the original range of re-tooled models.  I can throw my old one away now!

• Like 2
  • Agree 9
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

Great news re the EFE Rail SR “Booster” locos.  I have a DCC converted MTK BR blue version in a box somewhere that will now stay in that box…

Amusing to see “Batman” substituting for “Bachmann” in the video subtitles.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 2

I find it interesting that Bachmann Europe are tooling the SR Co-Co Electric Booster loco in their EFE range.

Perhaps they are checking out whether one of their newer suppliers can produce a reasonably complex model including chassis from scratch. If it doesn't turn out to be as of good quality as the main Bachmann range it may not dent the main ranges reputation.

I'm going to find it hard to resist a Jaffa Cake 4-CEP. A few weeks ago I noticed the refurbished models (3-CEP and 4-TEP?) had the peak above the driving cab gangways removed - well done to Bachmann.

I wonder how long after release of the refurbished class 20's that some enterprising modeller gets the buffer beam mounted lights working on the inner (no 1?) ends.

Regards

Nik

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Just now, NIK said:

I find it interesting that Bachmann Europe are tooling the SR Co-Co Electric Booster loco in their EFE range.

Perhaps they are checking out whether one of their newer suppliers can produce a reasonably complex model including chassis from scratch. If it doesn't turn out to be as of good quality as the main Bachmann range it may not dent the main ranges reputation.

I'm going to find it hard to resist a Jaffa Cake 4-CEP. A few weeks ago I noticed the refurbished models (3-CEP and 4-TEP?) had the peak above the driving cab gangways removed - well done to Bachmann.

I wonder how long after release of the refurbished class 20's that some enterprising modeller gets the buffer beam mounted lights working on the inner (no 1?) ends.

Regards

Nik

are the Class 20/3 inner-end lights non-working??? I'm a bit surprised if they're not supplied as working from the factory

22 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

Very solid set of releases, the refurbished 411 sets are especially welcome. Bachmann did a splendid job with the 411, it still cuts the mustard (and then some) so to get refurbished examples is tip top. The Tinsley 37 looks very nice too. Good to see Bachmann doing a nicely balanced set of releases, should be something of interest to most people.

Tinsley!  🤣 What's it's name?????

• Moderators
Just now, GordonC said:

are the Class 20/3 inner-end lights non-working??? I'm a bit surprised if they're not supplied as working from the factory

It's been covered, at length, before. It's not practical for mass production.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

Absolutely amazing !

Two of the three "Hornbys" being done by Bachmann !

Excellent !   And I thought I would never see a R-T-R version of these !

(  Sorry for the exclamation marks,  but it is amazing ! )

!

Edited by phil gollin
  • Like 7
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, NIK said:

Regards

Nik

I think they are being produced in conjunction with Kernow, hence in the EFE range.

Best

Scott.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, NIK said:

It is part of the EFE Rail due to to the model being developed by KMRC and not Bachmann themselves.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 9

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

Well at the moment it's this or the KR Models version, I know which I'd go with.

Indeed. There’s quite a lot of mint retooled 40s about at the moment for around £130ish if you look.

• Like 1

I must admit the stabiliser rail Bullied-Raworth loco was an unexpected surprise, not for me but gives hope that someday an AL1 will come.  Interesting that EFE is moving on into new stuff and not just badge engineering.  I must admit I do like the refurbished CEP units, the "Jaffa Cake" example in particular looks nice.

Fairly quiet announcement but to be expected and I wonder if they have kept anything back for Warley.

• Friendly/supportive 1