Welcome to Accurascale's Lifetime Warranty, For Future, Present and Past Models

Absolutely fantastic news from the team at AS. Its refreshing to know that not only do Accurascale produce cutting edge models but they have the confidence in their products to offer this amazing warranty. Make no mistake, a lifetime warranty has many benefits both to the end user and the manufacturer. It will hopefully give confidence to anyone buying (an industry first), and the confidence to know that a comprehensive parts list will be maintained for years to come. 

if we take a different manufacturer that had issues with Mazak rot alone and the lack of replacement chassis, we are onto a real top effort here from Accurascale. 

Fantastic news Fran, Patrick et al and only serves to consolidate your position as a key player in this market. Keep up the good work, dont compromise on quality and that alone will ensure your success not only as a business but as one of if not THE top manufaturers in this segment of the market

CONGRATULATIONS !

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Well done, very well done!  Truth is, we've become accustomed to RTR being a bit of a lottery, with some models having very bad reputation but fine if you're lucky, and for many of us locos in particular are a big committment of scarce resources, and it is locos that are of course the most prone to failure.  Your guarantee will increase our confidence in your products, and is a further proof of your committment to support the hobby and your customers from a customer satisfaction priority viewpoint as opposed to pure profit motivitaion. 

I will now find it even harder to avoid buying a pannier off you, after all, a pannier never offends, and an 8750 without a topfeed is a highly desirable box-ticker at Cwmdimbath...  Time to start saving my pennies!!!

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Does the Accurascale lifetime warranty apply to IRM items?

I was thinking the same Colin, but thought it was too greedy to ask. 😁

And seeing @McC's reply, it's only got better.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

So, if you renumbered a loco, and a year later the factory fitted sound decoder goes pop, we will cover it.

That's not quite what exclusion (g) says!

A few other questions while I'm here, if I may, please.

- what is the definition of Lifetime?

- does the warranty apply only to the original purchaser (exclusion (k) implies that it does)?

- exclusion (d) - if the product catches fire or is damaged by heat resulting from a defect in the product, does this exclusion apply?

- do factory-fitted decoders supplied by third parties fall within the scope of the "consumer property left in product" section?

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

That's not quite what exclusion (g) says!

A few other questions while I'm here, if I may, please.

- what is the definition of Lifetime?

- does the warranty apply only to the original purchaser (exclusion (k) implies that it does)?

- exclusion (d) - if the product catches fire or is damaged by heat resulting from a defect in the product, does this exclusion apply?

- do factory-fitted decoders supplied by third parties fall within the scope of the "consumer property left in product" section?

Thanks.

- Lifetime is the normal operation of the model up to the point of failure caused by normal wear and tear. 

- Yes, the warranty applies to the original purchaser, as long as the other criteria are met (bought direct, or from a registered stockist)

- If a faulty component was the case of the fire, then it is covered by warranty

- There are no factory fitted third party decoders. 

Edited by McC
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

I thought the factory-fitted decoders were LokSound?

Anything fittied in the factory, is the model, as supplied by us, and covered by our warranty. 

If you install your own third party decoder after the fact, that's obviously not covered by warranty.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, McC said:

Anything fittied in the factory, is the model, as supplied by us, and covered by our warranty. 

If you install your own third party decoder after the fact, that's obviously not covered by warranty.

Could I ask what about a decoder from yourselves, for example I have a 37 DCC ready from one of your retailers, but purchased your decoder and speaker direct from yourselves. Does this mean they are not covered, they are third party additions in a sense, but purchased from you direct for one of your locos.

Thank you

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Stueyboy43 said:

Could I ask what about a decoder from yourselves, for example I have a 37 DCC ready from one of your retailers, but purchased your decoder and speaker direct from yourselves. Does this mean they are not covered, they are third party additions in a sense, but purchased from you direct for one of your locos.

Thank you

Everything bought from us, or one of our registered stockists is, of course, covered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, McC said:

Everything bought from us, or one of our registered stockists is, of course, covered.

Does it apply to any cars sold by Fran yourself or Patrick and how about the Transit that keeps bringing the stuff.......if so anything nice???..........I bet you dont know weather to laugh or cry at times with the third degree you get from trying to push the boundrys,its a thumbs up from most of us you guys,whats next??

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

This certainly puts a cat among the pigeons in this industry. 

I don't think anybody else offers this and it will be interesting to see whether other firms follow suit.  The reason I think that unlikely is the accounting implications of a long term warranty, where repair costs can be a drag on future profits indefinitely. 

Of course any warranty is only of value if the company offering it remains in business - had certain failed manufacturers offered one, it wouldn't be of much use if your model broke down today. 

• Like 1

On 23/01/2024 at 13:00, Accurascale Fran said:

We like to shake the market up as you know, so we have decided to review our warranty window of one year and extend it to an incredible, industry first, of a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.

This was news that I wasn't expecting and is very welcome news.  I take my hat off to @McC, @Accurascale Fran and team for this and leading the way.

On 23/01/2024 at 13:04, Dixie Dean said:

I for one have a number of both motorised and non-motorised models, worth probably several thousands of pounds, many of which don't run much at the moment as I am still in the process of building [my own layout] to run them on.

I am in a similar position, so I am pleased to hear that they'll still be covered when I get my layout up and running.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McC said:

This is like a game of Whack-A-Mole, no matter how clearly you explain the warranty someone will pop up and ask a question...

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

This is gteat news as ive splashed out on a dccsound 37 043 thst ive not been able to test yet as i dont have a dcc controller yet my ez dynamis broke so good to know if i get up and running later in the year probably beyond the std 12 month period that its covered.

• Like 2

On 23/01/2024 at 15:43, Harlequin said:

This is very welcome and quite clever because it allows Accurascale to push back very gently on a difficult issue: People still using ancient DC controllers.

On 23/01/2024 at 16:53, maico said:

Hopefully it will lead to a further cull of H&M intermixing with modern locos:

"The Accurascale Limited Warranty does not apply: ... (c) to damage resulting from use with a third party component or product, including but not limited to use with older power supplies (e.g. Hammant & Morgan Clipper) which output impure transformation of mains AC voltage to DC voltage...."

And Hattons were doing new Gaugemaster controlers as part of their clearence, cheap recently. 

They are as solid as the H&Ms, come with life time gauranttee, made in the UK and take up 1/3 of the space on the layout.

And they are a bloody sight safer too. Their D matches a H&M duette on power too, so can run a Wrenn loco if required!

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

This certainly puts a cat among the pigeons in this industry. 

I don't think anybody else offers this and it will be interesting to see whether other firms follow suit.  The reason I think that unlikely is the accounting implications of a long term warranty, where repair costs can be a drag on future profits indefinitely. 

Of course any warranty is only of value if the company offering it remains in business - had certain failed manufacturers offered one, it wouldn't be of much use if your model broke down today. 

I believe that DCC Concepts offer something similar (usual disclaimer).

• Informative/Useful 1