Caledonian Railway Dia.67 Van from Rapido

RapidoCorbs

• RMweb Gold

Congratulations to Rapido on this bold move!

Within The 00 Wishlist Poll, we sadly don't have room to list individual vehicles of all the railway companies.

However, for 2022 (the last Poll to run), we created a new category for 'specifically Scottish' items. We listed CR Rolling Stock - and it came in High Polling.🙂

The next Poll will run near Christmas. Within that, we have split up the listings into two for you and CR fans will find:

CR Freight Stock

CR Passenger & Non-passenger-carrying Stock.

We wish Rapido every success with the project.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Fredo said:

Hi,

Looking forward to the new CR box vans, did they survive into BR days, and if so for how long before they went into departmental use?

Thanks Fred

Some did - rapido are offering them in both BR grey and Bauxite liveries. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnR said:

Some did - rapido are offering them in both BR grey and Bauxite liveries. 

The photos of M300421 and M300938 in 'The Acquired Wagons of British Railways' volume 4 are dated 'early 1950s'. Both have clasp vacuum brakes.

There's a photo of M309426 on the linked Rapido page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Well I've long wanted Scottish pre-grouping loco's and stock in RTR so I'll put my money where my mouth is and I'll be pre-ordering every CR and BR example of these.

A cheeky ask is any chance of a sliding door on these! I suspect not but could be worth a try as you got it right on your VIX wagons even though I know it was a pain. I could see some nice cameos of people loading crates of Cadbury into them or just an excuse someone needed to get one that had made it that bit further afield! It could inspire a Cadbury's layout or two as well!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The one that has me most curious is the Cadbury liveried pair (nice to see subtle differences between the pair as well!).

Roughly which period does this variation of Cadbury's livery cover, and what traffic were they found in?

• Like 1

Doomed... I'm doomed. Well at least that's what my wallet is telling me.

Mind you, its my own fault, I shouldn't have converted those Southern look-alikes

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 69843 said:

The one that has me most curious is the Cadbury liveried pair (nice to see subtle differences between the pair as well!).

Roughly which period does this variation of Cadbury's livery cover, and what traffic were they found in?

I know they were in use until the late 1960s. The 266 example is former SVR resident 304543 which is now at Ferryhill in Aberdeen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, E100 said:

A cheeky ask is any chance of a sliding door on these! 

No plans to at the moment - we were concerned that making it robust enough to withstand general handling would have meant overscale details and losing some of the fidelity, but we have managed to incorporate separately fitted elements such as the lower door rail.

1 hour ago, Miss Prism said:

Is that a 10' wheelbase?

10ft 6in - enough for some to get BR XP markings!

1 hour ago, 69843 said:

You could spend a fair while spotting the differences, I certainly spent a while CAD modelling them all!

Van No. 266 left Cadbury's in 1967 but we think it was still in this livery in 1977 if the photo is dated correctly. Van 278 was preserved at the same time, I don't know when they were originally sold to Cadbury though. Traffic is not entirely clear, some vans on site were used to store ingredients, others were used as permanent way tool storage. Cadbury had at least 4 of these ex-CR vans and as they were ventilated, my guess would be ingredient storage - there are hints to that in various places online but I can't say for certain!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4