NG7 Announcement (Quarry Hunslet, Slate Waggons & Scenecraft buildings)

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Roy L S said:

great use for Peco O-16.5 track

I’m hoping this and Lionheart’s ranges do well enough for Peco to offer a ‘mainline 7mm’ track like the 009 equivalent. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, PaulRhB said:

I’m hoping this and Lionheart’s ranges do well enough for Peco to offer a ‘mainline 7mm’ track like the 009 equivalent. 

I feel like these particular models could do with the opposite - tighter radius turnouts than the current Peco 016.5 to bring out their potential for industrial operations.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Having spent most of the last month trying to fight an ongoing On30 temptation, this could finish me off completely - it had never crossed my mind as a possibility, but actually makes a lot of sense in many ways.  Well done Bachmann! I should say.  Will await with interest - too much interest, Keith.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

One of my mates is building a 009 layout (on display at the levin model train show 5-6 May) An I did say a hunslet in 7mm would be great

I want/need one even if it did not run on the L&B

Yes the driver and fireman are a bit over size, but presumably the modelu figures already available will fit

15 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

On the Statfold stand. Looking good.

20240413_093421.jpg

I'd be looking pleased with myself too.

This is a great announcement - 7mm NG is a sort of accessible 7mm for the space starved or those who want a plank.  The sort of thing @NHY 581 might consider and right up the street of a @James Hilton small layout.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't expecting that! A really good announcement, will have to resist thought. Might be difficult to though. I imagine the liveries will be the same as the four standard releases in 009 perhaps with an extra one as well. Maybe the dinorwic coal wagon will be in the May 1st announcements for 009.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Holy Cr@p. That's torn it ! 

Looks like the family silver will be moved on......again...

Rob

• Like 3
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Phil, can i be the first pedant to point out that the loco with the head board is not the right sort to match to their announcement  :-)

Looks to be Sybil Mary which is a Penrhyn Large Quarry Hunslet not an Alice class.

Edited by ngtrains.com
  • Like 3
  • Funny 3

4 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Having spent most of the last month trying to fight an ongoing On30 temptation, this could finish me off completely

I very recently lost the fight with an On30 bug myself - nasty little thing, very contagious & it caused severe itching of the wallet variety. 🙄😳😱

Exhibit A - 

20240327_211004.jpg.72dd3409959cf3895d477d1fff285864.jpg

However I think I've now got some immunity; I shall let my young friend @the black knight be tempted instead by these new Bachmann NG7 models.... 🥳😈😂

Edit, added Exhibit A.

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

Excellent news. Whilst I don’t need a Quarry Hunslet, I shall still be having one. 

The couplings interest me too, would be good to have a better looking coupling available. 

Exciting times,

Andrew 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nile said:

Well that didn't take long.

Every silver lining has a cloud.....

Next you'll be complaining that the wagons don't have double flanged wheels.

Never mind the wrong gauge, & double flanged wheels - no doubt the ultra-pedantic will have noticed in the video that at 6:43, the crew do not have Welsh accents.... 🙄🙄🙄🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣👍

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

Well done Bachmann, I have resisted the temptation of the  wonderful 009 locomotives since the launch.

Having modelled in both Gn15 and 0.16.5 many years ago in may be time to look again at the new Bachmann NG16 

Seems I will need to find a buyer for my Gn15 stock to fund this new venture.

I knew I shouldn’t have gone to Statfold today.

Terry 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Oh no!

No!

Please, no!

I've been trying to resist the urge to delve into 7mm scale narrow gauge. I sense this resistance will crumble with the inevitable announcement of Britomart!

I've not had the chance to watch the launch video yet, but will in due course, but I'm wondering if it'll be a reasonably simple conversion to 14mm gauge. I was speaking to Paul at EDM at the York show, and he was telling me about the complex process of converting the Lionheart Manning Waddles despite them being initially touted as easily converted.

I'm certainly interested, my bank account might not be, and nor might the lack of space I have for building a layout, but those are future issues! For now, I'll just drool a little!

Cheers

J

Wonderful news! I'm now looking at Quarry Hunslets in a 4th scale! 

On the whole looking good however I must point out that the handrail knobs look a bit naff, hopefully to be replaced by proper ones in production. I note the bracket securing the cab sheets to the tank is not shown on the cabless, hopefully an oversight too. The crossheads as well look a little bit  clunky, again hopefully better on production models and lastly to question what the cabbed variety with rounded front beam is meant to be? The square corner one is clearly Btitomart. I do hope we don't just get a rehash of the 009 identities when they are made public. 

I will be ordering as soon as they're out in any event!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, JaymzHatstand said:

but I'm wondering if it'll be a reasonably simple conversion to 14mm gauge.

I’ve been led to believe it may involve a milling machine. I’ll be investigating as soon as I’ve got one 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Nile said:

Well that didn't take long.

Every silver lining has a cloud.....

Next you'll be complaining that the wagons don't have double flanged wheels.

I'm happy to accept the compromises needed for model railways.

Well, it's not as if they haven't been producing under-gauge 4 mm scale models for a generation or more now...

• Agree 2

This has to be a real winning range.

Never had great luck running narrow gauge reliably on 9mm gauge track, but did mind the more upmarket locos in HOe to be better runners.

Upscaling to 16.5mm gauge will bring dream running with nice larger scale models.

Beautiful

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, e30ftw said:

Is it too early to dream of a double Fairlie or NG16 Garratt?

One can certainly hope so @e30ftw . I  doubt the NG16, but the Double Fairlie should not be to hard considering the basic CAD work has been done for the OO9 model already

Edited by wdlr14mm
  • Friendly/supportive 1