The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

22 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

he was remeniscing and said thst he preferred  English girls to come and stzy for the picking as they were so 'entbusiastic'!!

Yes, but how good were they at picking grapes?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 18

5 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I'm not sure Jean Baluet was bothered.  He's quite a character.

Jamie

Well that one flew like a lead balloon. I was implying that they might have been very enthusiastic about certain other things :)

• Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, AndyID said:

Well that one flew like a lead balloon. I was implying that they might have been very enthusiastic about certain other things :)

That's how I took it Andy, I was implying that he wasn't bothered about their lack of picking skills.  Maybe I should have phrased my reply slightly differently.  Apparently there are nany stories around about Mr Balluet and the girls in the tower...

Jamie

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning from the Charente.  It looks a bit sunny outside but there are clouds to the west.  2 lighting units were put up in the workshop are of the shed and tested with an extension lead.  The next task is to link them into the existing lighting circuits.  There are other potential tasks. Beth is having great success with growing veg from seed. This has progressed to the point where a barter system with others doing the same, has started to emerge. One potential task today is to take a consignment of plant pots to some friends, whilst using social distancing of course.  One way or another the day will be seized and hopfully some muddling  achieved.

Regards to all, especially  to those affected by the lurgi.

Jamie

• Like 18