The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

8 hours ago, Tony_S said:

To complicate matters , the cheque they issue can’t be read by any of the cheque paying in bank apps. No banks in Benfleet, but the Post Office have special envelopes you can include your cheque and a paying in slip, assuming you can find such a thing. 

If I understand you correctly, this is mind boggling to me.  This cheque cannot be deposited in a bank branch?

(I sort of comprehend issues with a mobile telephone app.)

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

If I understand you correctly, this is mind boggling to me.  This cheque cannot be deposited in a bank branch?

What are these bank branches of which you speak ?

Here, the banks are doing their best to close down almost all branches.

• Agree 14
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

10 hours ago, polybear said:

You could be onto something there......His & Hers Apartments, with an interconnecting door.  iD @iL Dottore could then have the Kitchen of his dreams........

We already have two domiciles (although the suggestion, when mentioned to Mrs iD, was received warmly). Lucy would be very happy, though. An apartment, house or other dwelling means SOFAS and she has yet to encounter a sofa that (a) she hasn't liked and (b) hasn't incorporated into her extensive "sofa portfolio".

005.JPG.5b43b7fece8be2baa1673c5852a28d68.JPG

Lucy critically appraising the sofa-floor distance of her latest acquisition.

ION

I have persuaded Mrs iD to help me catalogue my 4mm "stuff" and the M***** R******* books. So I'll be able to let interested ERs know what I exactly have.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Sunny here too. Off to Driffield to umpire Over 60s cricket  today. Teas are generally excellent at Driffield.

Time to get ready to ho.

Enjoy your day!

Baz

• Like 19

And whilst on the subject of the Police. Did I mention that Schotty had a (very) brief career as a Police Dog?

image.png.bff307262ee9df083d62c8fb5eee5b3f.png

He was dismissed from the service for "exerting excessive force on a suspect's genitalia" (in other words he was kicked out for tearing off a scrote's b****!).

He's a gentle soul, but a fearsome devil if he gets p****d off...

Edited by iL Dottore
Wording
  • Like 1
  • Funny 13

22 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

And whilst on the subject of the Police. Did I mention that Schotty had a (very) brief career as a Police Dog?

image.png.bff307262ee9df083d62c8fb5eee5b3f.png

He was dismissed from the service for "exerting undue force on a suspect's genitalia" (in other words he was kicked out for tearing off a scrote's b****!).

He's a gentle soul, but a fearsome devil if he gets p****d off...

Surely the restrainee would have become an EX-scrote?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

I'm just sitting quietly waiting for the groceries to come, hopefully sometime in the next 40 minutes.  It's sunny and mild but the breeze is still off the sea so it won't get too warm.

Apparently an osprey has been seen a few miles away further along the coast.  Some "very silly" (polite expression) people have been climbing over barriers put up to give it some peace to take their photos.  One even had a dog with her.

I hope to do my monthly accounts later on, if it stays nice I may go out for a while along the coast.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I may have been unclear. The electricity supply people pay for the electricity I supply to them with a cheque. This is a cheque that does not have a signature. My bank phone apps do not recognise it as a cheque. There are no bank branches in Benfleet. The Post Office does allow cheque paying in and will transfer it to my bank account.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

I don't dispute that the Police need the tools to respond to and deal with bad people and nutters, but the real issue is why they have to do so in the first place. Society has always had bad people and nutters, but over my life what was once abberant has become quite common. And it's not just an American phenomenon,  there have been mass killings and severely messed up behaviour in lots of countries. If it had always been so, or was universal we might say it was part of the human condition, but it hasn't always been so and isn't universal.  Which begs the questions of what, why, how. 

Let's see now....

TV

Internet content

Video Games

Drugs

Parents gradually getting softer with kids with each generation (actually I think this is probably one of the biggest causes).

"Do -gooders" limiting what Teachers, Police etc. can do.

That'll do for starters

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 8

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Today sees Bear gettin' mixed up with a mission to "help out" (more later); meanwhile Bear Towers is due to receive it's first visit from the new Window Cleaner - he came recommended so hopefully all will be well.  And if I get my little furry ar5s in gear I should finish off that bluddy Will paperwork.

BG

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Ps no idea where the quote box below came from..

That means you're now being tracked by MI5 & 6 for talking about them.....

• Funny 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis was back with a vengeance this morning, I could barely walk to the bathroom. I have taken a pair of co-codamol and they are starting to kick in.

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, polybear said:

In the news today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68925453

I very much suspect that if you removed routine gun carrying by US Police Officers they'd all walk away from the job and you'd have anarchy PDQ.

It's American gun culture, the only answer is to impose some sort of gun control. But that culture is so embedded in society that particular horse has bolted.

• Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, Tony_S said:

10 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Using the cheap rate to charge batteries  is specifically excluded on my tariff. Our batteries used to discharge slowly  to the grid overnight too if we were not using it. We added an extra battery recently and that means at this time of year there is still enough stored for our morning electrical use until the sun shines on the panels. 
Tony

The beauty of my batteries is that they are linked to the web. This means that you can log on to a website and set when you want them to charge and how much you want them to discharge. If this wasn't possible then your entirely in the hands of the electricity supplier.Not certain if this is a bad thing but it certainly gives me more control.

One other thing I have is a device called a Harvey- not certain why it's called that. This allows me to heat my hot water tank up from the batteries. So when I turn the gas boiler off this summer it won't have to turned on until the Winter as I'll be getting hot water from the sun. That to me is definitely why I think all houses should have panels.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 10

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A bright sunny start to the day here in England’s northwest corner, although there is a slight breeze. Thankfully this isn’t anything like the wind we had yesterday, although to be fair, I didn’t think it was that bad! The plans for today are to head off to Tatton Park and have a walk around the grounds, possibly stopping at the restaurant for a drink and a slice whilst we’re there. 

Back later. 

Brian 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

ION

I have persuaded Mrs iD to help me catalogue my 4mm "stuff" and the M***** R******* books. So I'll be able to let interested ERs know what I exactly have.

This will also allow Mrs iD to know exactly what you have. Have you thought this through?

• Like 4
  • Agree 11