The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl, again , just lost all the text I'd typed.

The something that SWMBO wanted down the mobile home, was a mouse or rat had eaten its way into the kitchen.

It had come through the under sink cupboard.. so that was emptied of nibbled leaking bottles, a pile of chewed up rubber gloves it had used as a nest, and a packet of bird seed spread everywhere..

The shelf was lifted out,  then the false floor needed cutting up to lever it out, as it was nailed in place. The hole was there to the left, but there was another piece of plywood stuck to the floor elsewhere. That was levered out to show another hole in the floor..

I suspect in the past the sink / piping has leaked and made the 3/4 inch ply floor soft..

A 3/4 ply board has been cut to size and into two to make a snug fit floor cover. This needs painting before final fitting, I also wish to fit a steel or mesh plate below the floor.

Ben then took me for his long full walk, they were spraying the field again, of which we got a niff, as we crossed up wind of it, then we went parallel to the field as the sprayer was doing the area behind our garden , so our garden will have got some over spray. 

Lots of flutterbys and dragonflys about, dandelions showing themselves in swaths .

Some work has been done on the club accounts a lot more todo as I wish to modify the spreadsheets for this coming year.

Then an eyelid inspection was carried out, shortly I'll head for the kitchen to find something for the evening meal.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

Now you've brought it up can I just admit that  I have not a clue what the *&$%$ they even are?

At first I thought they were like   "Deltics", which everyone on here seemed to use as a unit of money so I assumed that they too were  some kind of cryptocurrency that you were all  trading in. Turns out its some cake thing.

Theres only 3 cakes in the southern hemisphere, the lamington, the Pavlova and the other one that I've forgotten at the moment due to it being after midnight.

Midnight? 🤔

Its barely 4pm!  🤪🤪🤪

Speaking of cakes, I should have had a Cinnamon Bun with my mid-afternoon cuppa, but I forgot.  Oh well, it'll keep for tomorrow....

Edited by Hroth
Deleted a rogue emoticon...
  • Like 15

54 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Theres only 3 cakes in the southern hemisphere, the lamington, the Pavlova and the other one that I've forgotten at the moment due to it being after midnight.

Birthday.

• Like 5
  • Funny 13

41 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

"Password must contain at least one numerical character"

F#*%$^&@k it again!  

That's exactly the same message I got after I tried to set my password to " at least one  special character." 😅

Morning each...

Yesterday a panic again with report details for the "client", otherwise a quiet day.

Today, more of the same. Mrs no is self-driving to PT/chiro sessions so at least I'm not the taxi service.

Final work done as we speak for the entry floor at the rental house. Property manager will be doing a final walk-through with the tenant today and handing over the keys.

Will be nice to start getting a rent check again!

Weather first thing sunny and 5c expected to reach 21c today. Forecast says 100% chance of rain, judging by the skies/radar they're 100% WRONG!! We shall see.

Onward.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

"Password must contain at least one numerical character"

F#*%$^&@k it again!  

"Password must contain at least one special character"

🖕

Is not acceptable.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 14

34 minutes ago, DaveF said:

A group of knitters in Ripon have knitted a full size Churchill tank to commemorate D Day.

Apart from the ladybird  plague of 1976 or whatever nothing says "hey overseas people - -this is  what the UK is all about"  better than that story.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 9
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Noooo worries, apparently  "F#*%$^&@k it again!" is rated  a strong password so I'm all set for  ages.

Fraid' not Chimpy - you've just disclosed your password to the fine upstanding citizens of ER'ers....

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Noooo worries, apparently  "F#*%$^&@k it again!" is rated  a strong password so I'm all set for  ages.

Bear had a security question for a website that I occasionally had to type in:

Site:  "What is your Father's First Name?"

Bear:  "B*rstard"

Worked a treat for a long time.  But then Bear had to call the Company to resolve an issue.....

Company Lady:  "I'll just take you thru' Security, Mr Bear....."

Company Lady:  "Father's First Name?"

Bear:  [Thinking "Oh Sh1t"]    "Er, have you got the answer on your screen?"

Company Lady Says:  "Yes, Mr. Bear...." somewhat tersely.....

Company Lady then Says:  "You can spell it if you like......"

🤣

• Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, polybear said:

More's the pity in this Bear's Book - we'll now be saddled with forking out £££ for a trial plus a Hotel Room for the scrote (other words are available) for the next 30 years.  🤬

And now it seems the B'sterd is getting Hospital treatment courtesy of the NHS cos' "he hurt himself when he crashed his van" 🤬.  I bet he didn't have to wait six hours in A&E before being seen either.....

Oh yes, that definitely is a Rant.

• Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

ION....

The Orange One has been fined $9K for opening his big gob - with more offences still to consider; the Judge has now threatened him with a spell in Chokey if he continues.  Oh pleeeeeese, Oh Gobby One - do it again.....

• Like 4
  • Agree 12
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' each,

The B'sterd apparently killed a 14 year old boy on his way to school.  Prison is far too good for that ar$ehole.

Still no bloody Sim card!

Slightly better news received in the post is that my company pension is being increased next month.   Not so good is that by the time the tax man, energy company, insurance companies, water supplier & sewage disposal, local council and very other b#gger under the sun has had their slice there won't be much, if anything, left for Bobby!

ION I have fried some air and a frittata type thingy was made and it was very tasty and passed testing by Her Bossness so will go on ze list to be done again.

IMG_2643.jpg.e6cfb22da6674fd3c5317025848d0397.jpg

Maybe a bit too brown on top but the important thing is we enjoyed it.  I'm also enjoying a glass of Portuguese Red and there is a drop more in the bottle to finish up.  It's a hard old life but I'm coping.  😁

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

ION I have fried some air and a frittata type thingy was made and it was very tasty and passed testing by Her Bossness so will go on ze list to be done again.

IMG_2643.jpg.e6cfb22da6674fd3c5317025848d0397.jpg

Now that looks like something a Bear could like - is it complicated?

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

@polybear Nope PB, very easy 'cos I can do it!  😂

Break 5 eggs into jug and give a gentle whisk and set aside.  Take  5 rashers of bacon (cut into small strips) , a tomato cut into smallish pieces, some peas*, some onion* and some cheese*. ( *I just guessed the amounts of all these).  Season well and mix it all together.   Preheat your Cosori to 190°C.  Add mixture to a greased or oiled liner and pour over whisked eggs and cook for about 15 minutes and that's it.  I think next time I do it if I use bacon I might cook the bacon for a couple of minutes before everything else as I prefer it a little more well done but it was cooked,   if you use ham there'd be no need.  You could use sausages and add any veggie bits you like.  That made enough for the two of us, about 300g each as we don't eat huge amounts

HTH.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

That's exactly the same message I got after I tried to set my password to " at least one  special character." 😅

Well according to this site ,  https://www.security.org/how-secure-is-my-password/ 

without the  '' s a computer would take  4 quintillion years to crack that .

No need to thank me .   😎

• Like 5
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis has finally settled down and only giving the odd twinge to let me know he's still hanging about. I watched Channel five earlier with a program on the River Trent and during the break they advertised a program called 'The Big Steam Adventure' where Peter Davidson, John Sergeant and Paul Middleton explore the most beautiful parts of Britain by steam. It's on at 8 PM Friday, I will be watching it. 

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1