The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, 

the tragedy in Tunisia has grave repercussions on many people. I just hope everyone adheres to the minutes silence at noon on Friday.

Baz

On another subject,

Collected my prescription today. New tablets - rather than taking them after food during the day I now take a whole boxful at night with food...this may cause some minor tummy problems. We wait and see!

Have a nice sleep!

baz

Have safety made it from Cumbria to North Wales - just a few miles up the Conwy Valley from Llandudno, as it happens.  A55 was no problem, but thanks DD for the warning.  Hopefully by delaying the decision to travel until about the last minute, we havent totally ruined the weather, as usually happens when we come here.  Now I am ready for the heatwave tomorrow!

The RSPB sanctuary on the roundabout from the A55 to Conway is worth a visit.

The A5 towards Llangollen is always spectacular.

Lots of 'Little Train' interest about.

• Like 3

(

Evening all. Pleased to hear BOD's eye news.

Tomorrow is interview day.

Very best of luck from us in Clacton Andy, we'll keep our fingers crossed that you get what is obviously richly deserved with the amount of commitment you demonstrate daily!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Edited by Jock67B

• RMweb Premium

Had to pop into town today to pick up a parcel from the sorting office. It turned out to be a second model excavator from the new Atlas Stobart machinery range. I had ordered one that had arrived last week and several other people have reported extra ones arriving, one guy said he had received five! Time for bed now, goodnight all.

• Like 6

Morning all,

Late on parade again but happy with what I've achieved!

Andy(leopard), such pain often results when we put muscles to uses that they are not accustomed to! Have you been fully trained in driving such a device? Sorry to hear you've caught the good lady's cold - I prefer a finger (at least) of single malt to ward off the bugs myself. Doesn't cure you but makes the symptoms easier to bear!

Dave(TG), another fine set of images, I particularly like the composition of the last one which would grace a commercial calendar! How are you and 'the boss' bearing up under the strain of waiting for important news?

DD, as to your plant problem, you could always cite a mystery virus like the one that got all the 'Busy Lizzies'?

Simon, I think DD gave very good advice when he suggested visiting the A5, designed in it's entirety by that famous son of Dumfriesshire, Thomas Telford! It exists today, almost entirely as it was built and and has certainly stood the test of time. There are some lovely views along it! His famous Conway Bridge is worth a visit as well! Hope the weather is kind to you and that you both enjoy the break.

John(KB), what fetching head-gear - the midges there must be as infamous as those across the water in Dumfries and Galloway. I recall, when we were very young, mum and dad took us on a camping holiday from Dumfries to Glen Trool, using an ex-scout bell tent - he resorted to burning loco cleaner's oily rags from Dumfries shed in the open flap of the tent to try to keep the little bug****s at bay!!

BoD, thank you very much for bringing us some good news today - let's hope some of our other sufferers can do the same soon!

Have a good Tuesday all,

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night all!

• Like 12

Evening all, 

the tragedy in Tunisia has grave repercussions on many people. I just hope everyone adheres to the minutes silence at noon on Friday.

baz

Besides sorrowing for those innocents slaughtered by a misguided zealot and for their loved ones who have a heavy burden to bear, I shall be asking for guidance in how to help those I know whose faith is being traduced by those with no conception of the oneness of the human race.

Edited by bluebottle
  • Like 4

G'morning.

Wide awake and coffeed up - fell asleep on the sofa about 10 last night, so up at 4am...

Daisy slept over last night, so we're taking her to school, then a pretty clear day. I will make the trip over to Jane's that I started last Tuesday and aborted when the suspension broke. I'm hoping for better luck (and some track) today.

Best of luck to Andy - definitely do not break a leg - I'm sure you'll do well. And good health news at last for others. Nice.

Got back into the world of Harry Potter last night - Daisy has now moved from the Borrowers to Hogwarts for her bedtime read. The movies have something to do with it, and her mother's enthusiasm. Interesting to look back, and I wonder where all the criticism of JKR's writing actually comes from. I read a lot, and she is one of the better authors working today, imho. She's not James Joyce but she doesn't set out to be. I'm currently reading Alan Johnson's autobiography, which apart from the grinding poverty he lived in is a parallel to my own childhood in many ways. Fascinating stuff. I've also just come across the work of Kathy Reichs (due to finding the Bones TV series amusing). Looks like I'm going to have plenty of holiday reading this year, what with Penguin's project to newly translate and publish every Maigret story at a rate of one a month. If it wasn't for Kindle we'd have nowhere to sit down.

Enough rambling. I hope everyone has a good, positive and fulfilling day. If you can't manage fulfilling just grin inanely and people will make the assumption.

• Like 15

Morning all. A surprisingly cool night so slept quite well. Caffeine level is increasing slowly ready for the day.

Good luck with the interview Andy, although, with the amount you already put in, luck shouldn't play a part.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A fine start and looks like it will be a hot one.

Just taken Chris to work. She was not looking forward to it and although there is no official news yet about her workmate one can only assume the worst.

I have to visit the tooth mechanic and after that I may spend some time in the garden although I won't be doing anything too energetic.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

No guesses that it might be hot here today. Meteo.fr actually has my village name in capitals this morning with dire warnings of heat, with a 'feels like' of 40 for this afternoon. I will try to chill the place this morning then close shutters to keep heat out. Survival is likely.

Alison is here for a couple of hours, in lieu of Thursday afternoon, when she has some commitment at the kids' skool. Her youngest has just been assessed for suitability to move up a class. Teacher says he is the best pupil she's had in years, with skills beyond his age. Few parents would not enjoy that news. At home he's an absolute monkey in my observation. Being childless remains a joy!

Hope Grandad's other half gets some good news soonest.

Stay cool y'all, as they say.

• Like 6

Morning All,

The temperatures are set to soar here too - it is quite pleasant at the moment, but we have 30°C forecast for later on.

There isn't too much else to report, so I guess it is time for a coffee.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Last Tuesday early swim for her indoors this term! Next week may include a lie in or two!

Game today is GSAL v St Paul's Brisbane so the temperatures may be appreciated by the visitors!

Have a nice Tuesday everyone!

Baz

• Like 15

Morning All,

Thanks for your 'friendly/supportives'.

No, Jock67B, not had any training in the use of - but one thing I have noticed is how 'invisible' you become. Also how much of a hazard some people are with those darned motorised things. One user had his festooned with mirrors, but failed to use any of them before he reverse rammed me at a vast rate of knots.

I've since invested in a little bike horn :)

Also, perhaps sadly given its medicinal properties, I can't stand the taste or even smell of whisky, apologies to all our Celtic types - it's just 'orrible. :(

Hope today's not too hot for you all, remember lots of fluids and sun block. Don't forget to check the UVA rating, it's that which does the real damage apparently, as it's listed separately to the general SPF rating.

Good Luck Andy.

Have a good 'un.

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny here. Pleasantly warm, forecast to be hotter later.

Tidying up day here. I need to move some of my stuff from Matthew's room so that I can get his stuff in!

Tony

• Like 3