The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Andy, you may need to talk to your dear wife and have her consider giving up her Avon rounds as she's ill quite often* and the burden for you is too much on top of your already demanding job. She needs to take responsibility for your health as well as her own! :yes:

*I know she doesn't ask for it, but it sounds to me some form of chronic ailment.

She suffers from a sinus issue and is also lactose intolerant. I think her vomiting was a result of the latter - a reaction to a desert she had last night. We do check ingredients carefully, but sometimes they can catch us out.

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

Today has been dull and dry for the most part, so I’ve spent the day in the garden. Plenty of pruning has been done and I’ve emptied 3 barrow loads of garden waste into the green bin ready for collection on Wednesday. The garden is looking a lot tidied than before but there is still lots to be done. However, that will have to wait for another day, as I won’t get anymore stuff in the green bin! Today’s biggest casualty has been our large fatsia japonica, which had grown to big for its location, it was well over 8ft tall. So I cut down it’s 4 main stems, leaving just a couple of smaller stems, which no doubt will soon grow to be as tall as the ones I cut down today.

Goodnight all

• Like 15

At the dawning of another day, greetings.

I am most grateful to the many who have made kindly and supportive comments.  The Black Dog is, I hope, confined to the kennel for a while.  There was no place for him at the New Roots final.  The train fare was a paltry £4.15 return and the purposeful striding accomplished without total exhaustion but with more surface water than I would have wished.  It was a privilege to meet and enjoy the performances of some fine young musicians.  One band in particular gave me quite a lift – four Scottish teenagers going under the name Tolquhon.  How the music of the Quebecois reached deepest Aberdeenshire so that these lads could discover it is a very good question but they played with enthusiasm, energy and versatility and created not a little excitement in the process.  At New Roots no-one wins the contest but all finalists receive an honest appraisal from the panel of judges and will receive offers of work in clubs, concerts or festivals.  I look forward to following their progress.

In the week ahead I need to sort out my travel insurance, hopefully today, before booking the Swiss trip.  On Tuesday I visit Poorly Pal and on Thursday I collect my crown from the dentist.  On Wednesday evening I am attending an album launch in London.  The album is the crucial third one by Moore Moss Rutter but various band members have been involved in other projects and there are at least two other albums that I wish to bring home with me.  On Saturday I am off to Wakefield for Scalefour North, returning on Sunday night.  It is about 150 miles each way so that should give plenty of time for listening to CDs.

Warm thoughts today to Tony and Aditi, who have more to do than they would wish, and to Debs, Simon, Mal and all others who deserve them.

Chris

• Like 9

Morning All,

It is a nice bright sunny morning today, and the warm weather of the past few days seems set to continue.

Glad to hear that Matthew's funeral went well.  Sorry I wasn't online to comment over the past week.  I have been in the UK with my parents.  Sadly, my father has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and so I drove over to help them with some of the appointments.  It was a bittersweet few days.

Back in the office this morning.

Have a good day everyone...

We've had to rescue our youngest, yet again. He is 37 years old but his mental health has been in steady decline for several years. He's not dangerous, but it's getting extremely bizarre now.

They didn't say it was going to be easy. Please excuse any irrational outbursts.

• RMweb Premium

Fatchy pog here this morning.aeroplanes still taking off and landing at the airport.

Sorry to hear your news Robert and Andyid.

Today is catchingupwitheverythingIhaventdonesinceJanuaryday. Could be a very long day.

Have as good a day as you can everyone.

Best wishes to all who ail, hope positive developments are on going.

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from the Charente. A lovely start as Beth spotted a pair of Hoopoes strutting around just outside the kitchen window, coupled with a successful sighting of the owl last night we are becoming quite ardent bird spotters (No need for an EA Mick)

Very sorry to hear the news from Robert, that's not a good one, also thoughts and sympathies with Andy(ID). Very Glad that at least one Black Dog has been firmly kennelled.

Andyram, I do wonder if the extra responsibility of Deputy Headship is the right course when you have so many other pressures. When Beth was very ill with long term depression I took the decision to step off the promotion ladder for several years and it was a very good decision.

Anyway after yesterday's success in the man cavern today is back to more mundane things that will not annoy Her Debship. We're off to St Jean D'Angely, otherwise known as St John's Danglies, to sort out my application to become part of the French Healthcare system. I even managed to book an appointment via their telephone service. Then some shopping and looking for a car for Beth. As well as the healthcare the main objective for me is to find the right type of lug that I need for a certain assemblage in the man cavern.

Regards to all and positive thoughts to all .

Jamie

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Here,

A good nights sleep, in two pieces in bed..

Yesterdays Dreich evolved into mere drizzle this morning, further evolving into rain by the time I got to work.

The Full Opening of the NDR was at one time due this last weekend , but it's all gone rather quiet on the subject, I suspect snow and heavy rain have delayed things.

Another Chalet on the Hembsy sand dunes is now on the edge and will have to be demolished.

2063 days till I can definately retire. 1699 If I can save enough between now and then.

The problem round here, is that to be in a kennel is a place of privilege....

I see they are talking about bringing out more knife laws, particularey in respect of online ordering, hopefully they won't go too stupid with them, as those of use that need to order craft tools online could well find it difficult..

Warning notices put on two major systems for next week, it's going to be busy..

Time too.. take the next 20 Measurements,  (10K Ohm resistance)

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Robert and AndyID. I am sorry to read about your news.

Today will start with a trip to a local clinic for Aditi's routine blood test.

I suppose I should start sorting through some of Matthew's paperwork. I have read the online stuff about reporting a death and it seems I don't have to register his death here in the UK. I know at some stage I will need to start sorting out Matthew's finances but I am not sure which other organisations I need to contact. He wasn't receiving benefits, pensions and didn't have a student loan.

We are still letting people know about Matthew. I managed to find contact details for some more of his friends yesterday.

We need to be supportive of others in the family too. MiL is distraught and now has a chest infection. Aditi's sister was caring for MiL while we were in Ireland. She is grieving for Matthew but while we were able to be with people who were sharing lovely experiences of their time with Matthew, she wasn't.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning everyone

It’s we have a foggy start to the day, but according to the sea weed twirlers, it should be a nice day later, fingers crossed.

Sheila has just left for her Zumba class and I am now the sole occupant of the house. So the plan for today is to carry on with the radiator cover, hopefully the first one will get completed today and hopefully a start can then be made on the second one. When that’s done they will then need painting. But with it being made from MDF the first couple of coats of primer with get soaked up rapidly, especially along the edges.

Chris. I hope the dog stays in his kennel for some time.

Robert. Sorry to read about your father, I do hope things go well for you all.

Andy. Sorry about your son, once again I hope things go well for you all.

Q. Those days will start to decrease rapidly, believe me. I do hope you can manage the 1699 instead of 2063 days!

Back later.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit overcast here this morning but not much sign of rain. Sorry to hear the news about Roberts father and Andy's son and I hope Chris can keep the black dog in the kennel where it belongs. Apart from doing a bit of shopping not a lot else to do today. I will be testing my weekend purchase, the Oxford 'Janus' in BP livery to see that everything works properly. Next weekend according to the seaweed wranglers is going to be dry and sunny, temps up to 18 degrees so a check on events that weekend will be neccessary. Bye for now, be back later.

• Like 16

Sorry to hear about your father, Robert, and about your son, AndyID. You're right, no one ever said it would be easy!

Overcast here this morning, but plan to get out in half an hour or so.

We're off to St Jean D'Angely, otherwise known as St John's Danglies [ ] the main objective for me is to find the right type of lug that I need for a certain assemblage in the man cavern.

Is this some kind of French euphemism alert?

Hope your days go to plan

Mal

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Gosh, Robert and AndyID, your posts didn’t display before my last one. Sending supportive thoughts your way in particular. Not exactly good news either way and I hope there’s something that can be done...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Robert - sorry to hear about your father, this one is difficult to predict and treat, AndyID - your concerns and caring attitude come through and Chris  great to see you once again in a positive mode ... they say that music is beneficial and there's no doubt that you are both a lover and connoisseur of it.

This end, visits to an AL Paca farm where GD really liked the pygmy goats and, via a recommendation on this site, a visit to see Peter Rabbit - my first cinema visit for absolute years - and to hear her chuckling and laughing away was really great.  Paddington 2 and Lion King have also been enjoyed.  A castle visit planned today.

Best wishes to Debs, Tony Aditi and family and of course to hear good progress from Mal.

Peter

Edit Oops forgot ... the day with the Mad Hatter, Alice and the Easter Bunny on the GCR with Witherslack Hall and Oliver C as the locomotives.  The only downside was the weather which of course followed a wet Easter and led to fewer families venturing out.

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Pete,

the F27 or Fokker Friendship had a curtain between the crew and the passengers .. the update F50 had a door.

Did some miles in both travelling to/from Schipol and Bremen...

and one flight to and from Jersey with an Air Anglian F27 is forever memorable..it was our honeymoon...

Baz

PS I did transport a piece of military hardware by Boeing Always..I had the correct paperwork and they didn't seem overly worried

• Like 18

Thoughts with those of this parish who are in need of support.

Surprisingly sunny day here so far, although a sea mist has rolled in for 10 minutes then rolled out again. SWMBO is gardening, and I might actually join her to remove a few weeds in the veg patch. It is normally my domain, but I haven’t had energy or inclination to do any gardening this year, other than lifting parsnips and carrots.

• Like 3