The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning from a sunny Surrey.

After a good day out in Warwickshire I ended up in the Jerusalem Tavern in Britton Street near Farringdon to cool off with a rather nice pint of St Peters Ruby Red. Keeping an eye on the Thameslink home, a number of consecutive services home were cancelled Somy other half managed to leave work early and we made a service that was thirty late but took us home.

This morning is the penultimate day of validity on my season ticket so on our usual morning worm. I was ready to bail at a Purley to photo a 66 in the aggregate yard but not running today which was no surprise as it wasn’t showing on Real-time trains.

So now heading to St Pancras and hopefully do the new link to Finsbury Park. Hopefully wil be photographing freight on the North London line till it gets too warm to do so.

An award for endurance above and beyond. You are travelling on the same trains even though you have left work? Just to use up the season?
  • Like 15

I can certainly agree with you on that front Stewart I think some on here thrive on gloom, doom & misery . 

Morning Peeps 

'ot init  I did watch the Belgium + Japan football last night what a game that was real football with real football players, as for that Brazilian ponce rolling round on the floor

the way he did should be banned for the next 4 years from International football the trouble is FIFA have become jessies like a lot of the players and they haven't got the

B@lls to clamp down on it perhaps we could always nominate him for a worst acting Oscar. :biggrin_mini2:

Last night on tv after the Brazil game there was discussion of Neymar. Jurgen Klinsman was one of 4 presenters. Klinsman couldn't stay upright in a packed commuter train!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. According to the forecast the temperature hereabouts is going to hit 30 this weekend. It is also the weekend of our exhibition and the Saturday is my 70th birthday. If you want to pop along to wish me happy birthday I will be supervising the club sales stand. The hot weather has started more heathland fires in Wales this time. Now time for a muggatee, be back later.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Last night on tv after the Brazil game there was discussion of Neymar. Jurgen Klinsman was one of 4 presenters. Klinsman couldn't stay upright in a packed commuter train!

I seem to remember him being a bit cute with the diving. :good:

.....According to the forecast the temperature hereabouts is going to hit 30 this weekend.....

Oh Christ, I was banking on it not being another tropical weekend. Assuming her horse has recovered from a recent bout of lameness, this Sunday will be the very last alcohack with my riding partner before she and her husband retire to their new home in Carmarthenshire, where the properties are a sight cheaper than West Herts. - they have sold their commuter cottage and more or less swapped it for a five-bed house in the middle of nowhere with land for their four horses.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Gold

An award for endurance above and beyond. You are travelling on the same trains even though you have left work? Just to use up the season?

Getting in is normally ok ( and if the train had been diverted from LBG it wouldn’t have mattered now) but getting home is another matter hence last night we caught one that ran and before it got crowded. Today a similar plan but will his time I won’t be using Thameslink to get to East Croydon and hope to be there before the evening peak, maybe in our favourite little bar awaiting my other half.

Plenty of freight photos this morning on North London Line after a breakfast In Wetherspoons in Highbury.

A quick visit to bank in a Richmond to try and cash in old pound coins but now thy have to be taken to your own bank. Guess which one had a queue that and not moving at all.

Now off to do the GOBLIN then maybe a few beers.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

We went to Basildon, signed our wills and started setting up the procedures to cope with our finances and welfare in anticipation of any future deterioration in capacity.

We are off for a brief drive through the lovely Essex countryside to Hyde Hall gardens for a wander round. It will be interesting to see how big the resident ducklings and goslings have got.

Tony

We went to Basildon, signed our wills and started setting up the procedures to cope with our finances and welfare in anticipation of any future deterioration in capacity....

Ah, LPAs. Not a perfect system, but better than nothing.

• RMweb Premium

Well back now with 30747 from work in tow.  She has a dental appointment tomorrow, as she needs one of her crowns replaced - she won't get gold this time, and has already said that the old gold crown is her property, and is not to be retained by the practice, and they were very reluctant, but did agree - hopefully we'll get a few quid for it in the local gold buying centre, which is money in our pocket, not the dentist's.

Other that that, not a great deal to report - got the proofs of identity to our new solicitor, and she has promised about a week for the first drafts - Ivan, is that about the norm for a very simple pair of mirror wills?

Back tomorrow.

Edited by 45156
  • Like 14

… she has promised about a week for the first drafts - Ivan, is that about the norm for a very simple pair of mirror wills?...

Sounds about right. In some cases, I've been able to get first drafts out the same day.

EDIT: in extreme cases, where the client has been at a loose end that day and was happy to sit through the typing whilst offering corrections or amendments, I've been able to have a Will approved, signed and witnessed within three hours. "Job done."

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 9

Sounds about right. In some cases, I've been able to get first drafts out the same day.EDIT: in extreme cases, where the client has been at a loose end that day and was happy to sit through the typing whilst offering corrections or amendments, I've been able to have a Will approved, signed and witnessed within three hours. "Job done."

Where there's a will there's a way.

• Like 1

And relatives! :triniti:

Don't talk to me about relatives. The Irish Estate I'm trying to conclude has been plagued with them. I now understand why the deceased cut all of them out of his Will and insisted that Solicitors be his Executors.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Match umpired. GSAL knocked off 189 for 5, one batter scored 116 not out. Cool to start with, warmed up a lot but a gentle breeze kept us cool.

More furniture movong tonight before the lads come to rake out or old concrete (with rebar) 1960s fireplace and then fit a new fireplace tomorrow. Frabjoy!

Stay cool, stay calm and..have a mugatea!

Baz

• Like 19

But at least they email other people and offer to share their wealth in exchange for banking details.

Does anyone know the account details of the various constabularies? Would be funny if you proffered those details to the fraudsters....and it might actually spur the thin blue line into action.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I was pleasantly surprised this evening to find that the BBC evening news/local news had its normal alloted hour. On previous evenings when there was a 7 o'clock world cup kick off the news was truncated to 6:30 but tonight it carried on almost until kick-off. Whether this is the result of complaints about the lack of any news bulletins on Sunday I do not know.

A short while ago I wrote about my front tooth bridge breaking and the dentist itching to get her hands on three grand of my money for a new bridge. Well, I made an emergency appointment to see her and appeared at the practice at the specified time; only to be told she had a sudden illness and had gone home. I asked to see another dentist as it was an emergency and was seen by a young Romanian lady dentist who did the necessary work to fit me a plate with four front teeth for two hundred and fifty five quid. Looks ok too though will take a bit of getting used to the feel. Wondering what the original dentist will say when she sees it. Stay cool all.

• Like 19