Next batch of Class 70's

• RMweb Gold

809 is off to sunny Sheffield today - on the Aldwarke - running as 0E35, Crewe - Aldwarke U.E.S, at the moment it's just passing Chesterfield, returns as 6M46 - 12:54 off Aldwarke.

• RMweb Gold

809 is off to sunny Sheffield today - on the Aldwarke - running as 0E35, Crewe - Aldwarke U.E.S, at the moment it's just passing Chesterfield, returns as 6M46 - 12:54 off Aldwarke.

6M46 is 15 late at Rotherham if anyone is after it.

Cheers Iron Horse, that photo confirms that it was 70809 that I saw today whilst sat in a 156 in sheffield (albeit only the last cab). Think I can claim to have seen the most modern loco in Britain and the most modern unit in the same day after seeing some S-Stock being delivered from Derby whilst waiting at Loughborough.

Edited by Wild Boar Fell

Into double figures.......

70810 reported unloaded at Seaforth Docks earlier today.

Cheers,

Mick

Mick

Let me know if you get any news of the loco leaving Seaforth please.

Thanks Bob

70806 & 70807 head towards Whitemoor from Hoo Junction, westwards at Manea today.

attachicon.gif06_70_5000_70806+70807 Manea 27-05-2014.jpg

attachicon.gif06_70_5001_70806+70807 Manea 27-05-2014.jpg

Stewart

After posting these, it struck how our hobby of interest in trains has technically progressed!

I'm signed up to quite a few Yahoo groups that give sighting/spotting info, all in a "Daily Digest" format, so I don't get instant notification. But today, after being out shopping this morning, we got back around lunchtime, and I checked my emails. Now 99% of them I just read the headlines and delete. Today, I noticed this working into Whitemoor yard. Having read the contents of the email, (we've had a Colas 70 in Whitemoor earlier this week and I missed it), I realised the train was actually still in progress, and a link to it on the RealTimesTrains website showed it at Hertford North. I noted the times in my area and decided to head out for the nearest spot, Welney Road LC at Manea, some 10-15 mins away. After waiting 5 mins, and seeing a 170 go East, the barriers dropped and here they were! Quite thundering along too. Miserable weather but a couple of quick shots later, and then back home  Within 1/2 hour of seeing them, the pictures were on the PC with slight Phtoshopping (I'm no expert), saved and filed in the correct folder. No waiting for Boots to develop and print, or Fuji to send those slides back. And with such a miserable day, no waiting around in the cold and wet just in case something interesting turned up.

Just idle musings on my part.... mind you I miss the K3's and WD's we used to get on these trains.

Stewart

edit: and I STILL think they are ugly

Edited by stewartingram
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Sat down somewhere near Colchester, a pair of proper locos sent from Ipswich to sort out the mess (86607 & 612)

It failed because of a "feature" where the engine gets shut down when fuel levels fall below 750l - now fueled and running branch trips during the night apparently.

Ive always thought these class 70s looked like machines made to do a job, which appeals to me....but they seem to get better ever time I see them :)

They look to me like an updated class 58..... Queue Colas to rework some of them!!!!

Ian

70806 & 70807 head towards Whitemoor from Hoo Junction, westwards at Manea today.

Stewart

806 returned south on O36 last night. I was overtaken by a large bout of apathy otherwise i would have gone out to see that and the four 20's with LT barriers.

The Colas livery kind of works better on the angular shape than the FL livery I reckon.

The angled paint boundaries going in all directions are almost like some Picasso paintings - have a look for his "Factory at Horta de Ebro", e.g. http://www.artyfactory.com/art_appreciation/art_movements/cubism.htm

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

Sorry to ask again guys, but I have a few number crunching mates.......does anyone know if 70810 is planned to move off Seaforth this week.??

Thanks........................Bob

• RMweb Gold

70808 made it into darkest East Anglia today on hire to Freightliner, here are a couple of photos of it at Levington on the Felixstowe branch this afternoon working 4M93 Felixstowe to Lawley Street

post-171-0-04066000-1401296019_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-36866400-1401296026_thumb.jpg

• Like 6