Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Hi folks,

Continuing the theme of childish humour, I haven't shown a photo of a bogie for a little while. Here is a slightly longer one, from 37418 this time...

post-7247-0-05619900-1430213535_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-25271600-1430213316_thumb.jpg

Wish I'd put the ETH cable back on before I took the photo though!

In other news, D200 is now in the works for weathering and sound fitting. Pete Harvey's superb 6LDA engine and two class 47 traction motors have arrived and been sprayed with grey primer. They will look very nice around the depot. I will get around to doing a blog or something when I do a loco next, I promise!

More photos to follow soon I hope, including the new 03.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 18

Hi Dave,

Love that pic of the class 26 on Ballast top stuff. Good luck with your D200 mine took ages to do, oh and you are missing a jumper cable of the front of your 37/4.

Cheers Peter.

you are missing a jumper cable of the front of your 37/4.

Wish I'd put the ETH cable back on before I took the photo though!

Spotted that just after I posted it Peter. Doh! 

I've cheated a little with my D200, as I got mine from Loughborough Model Centre. Very nice it is too. It comes lightly weathered but I don't find the weathering very convincing, so it's into the works for some finishing touches and extra weathering, plus sound fitting. It will be nice to have an excuse to run a 40 with WW in its mid- to late-80s guise.

Cheers

Dave

PS I've always thought the Railfreight livery suited the 26s too and 26025 is getting a lot of use on the ballast rake at the moment. I have a shark brake van ready to weather and add to the rake, so that's another project on the list.

• Like 2

Hi Dave, just catching up on what you have been up to.
Nice to see an Original Railfreight 58 passing through Waverley West, they did look good in that livery, especially the later batch with the orange cant rail stripe. Lovely! They were always my favourite ones…58047 for some reason was my favourite!

Great to see some ScotRail 47/7 action, I was a big fan of the shove Duffs. I always liked the ScotRail livery, the blue stripe looked better than the InterCity red, in my opinion. But then I am biased as blue is my favourite colour!
These will be right up your street!

8258633872_327d7fb53a.jpgClaggy Shove Duff At Edinburgh Waverley. by neilh156, on Flickr

8389994510_cc83861b01.jpg47701 At Edinburgh Waverley. by neilh156, on Flickr

8280791095_dfd16cdef9.jpgThe Lord Provost At Edinburgh. by neilh156, on Flickr

Large Logo action too, you really are spoiling us!

And finally the Original Railfreight 26, Superb…..she looks superb…..great weathering as always.

• Like 10

Hi Dave, just catching up on what you have been up to.

Nice to see an Original Railfreight 58 passing through Waverley West, they did look good in that livery, especially the later batch with the orange cant rail stripe. Lovely! They were always my favourite ones…58047 for some reason was my favourite!

Great to see some ScotRail 47/7 action, I was a big fan of the shove Duffs. I always liked the ScotRail livery, the blue stripe looked better than the InterCity red, in my opinion. But then I am biased as blue is my favourite colour!

These will be right up your street!

8258633872_327d7fb53a.jpgClaggy Shove Duff At Edinburgh Waverley. by neilh156, on Flickr

8389994510_cc83861b01.jpg47701 At Edinburgh Waverley. by neilh156, on Flickr

8280791095_dfd16cdef9.jpgThe Lord Provost At Edinburgh. by neilh156, on Flickr

Large Logo action too, you really are spoiling us!

And finally the Original Railfreight 26, Superb…..she looks superb…..great weathering as always.

Ah, my flickr correspondent again with yet more brilliant photos. Thanks Alex! Superb. 

Interesting to see 47701 on the Glasgow end. They mostly seem to be on the Edinburgh end in the photos I've seen and that's how I always have my rake. It's a Mk 2 rake as well I see. Interesting photo.

Did those ScotRail rakes look good in that livery or what?  

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Interesting to see 47701 on the Glasgow end. They mostly seem to be on the Edinburgh end in the photos I've seen and that's how I always have my rake. It's a Mk 2 rake as well I see. Interesting photo.

I wonder if it's an Aberdeen service? That would fit with having mk2s (mk2d I think)

Whats interesting is the other 'normal' rakes shown are on the North side of the station, with one being in platform 17 (usually for Dundee/Aberdeen trains).

I wonder if there was some work going on affecting the South lines through the gardens or the south side of station? IIRC Glasgow p-p were 14 & 15 and by this time there wasn't any direct link between the two 'halves' (North/South) of this end of the station.

Ah, my flickr correspondent again with yet more brilliant photos. Thanks Alex! Superb. 

Did those ScotRail rakes look good in that livery or what?  

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, they certainly did! I used to love visiting Edinburgh and Glasgow and seeing the ScotRail livery. And as for the 47/7s, well, lovely!

I think Boxenby might have to have a shove duff! 47704 when it moved south might be a nice one to model.

• Like 2

03170 is now the resident shunter on the layout, at least for the time being, mainly shuttling the sleeper stock between the East Yard at Haymarket and Waverley West...

post-7247-0-96264000-1430679946_thumb.jpg

A view of the pick-ups fitted to the shunter's truck and the connections to the loco. Extra weight has also been added to the truck to improve electrical pick-up and running.

post-7247-0-72215200-1430680012_thumb.jpg

This has hugely improved the running of the 03.

• Like 16