Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Thanks Dave.

Your opinions on the locos are really helpful. I agree it is rather subjective, especially as almost all the manufacturers have had ago at 47s.

Your weathering really has bright the best out in them. The marker lights aren't a problem for me as I only model up to around the beginning of the 80's. Have you done much detailing, or is it just that your weathering has brought out the details on the bogies and under-frames?

Lovely photos, and inspiring modelling. Thank you for sharing.

Jamie

I generally just spray and weather the underframes, Jamie. Apart from buffer beam detailing, I very rarely do anything else below the sole bar.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Waverley West

post-7247-0-39000400-1427279004.jpg

i think this has to be one of your most realistic pics ever dave - there have been many, i know, but something about the lighting just makes this one that wee bit more special.

there may not have been any sunshine, but there's a nice 'neutral' quality to the light which shows a lot of the detail that might be lost in a 'light and shade' pic

and a bright, grey day is much more protoypical anyway!

Thanks keefer. Maybe I'll try more shots without the sun then! I was pleased with the way it came out.

Cheers

Dave

Pesronally I think the sun light is what makes it real - there's no way you can replicate that colour tonality artificially which is why they are so effective...

That and the excellent track work, ballasting and outstanding scenery...

and the attention to detail...

and the excellent variety of stock...

I could go on...

Great Stuff Dave

Peter

Hi folks, 

A couple more adrenaline-fuelled shots just for the sake of it...

post-7247-0-55562300-1427449097_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-88781800-1427449109_thumb.jpg

Investigations into 47745's derailing misdemeanours revealed three places on the layout where permanent way works were necessary, including a broken rail joint, plus a couple of broken brake rods on the loco which were trailing on the track. These have hopefully now all been fixed and 47745 is set for a trial run if I can find the time, as my younger daughter is having a sleepover/bakeover/film night this weekend. Eeeh, it were never like that in my day.

One of the yard lamps which was slightly damaged has now also been repaired and is ready for installation on the layout.

Cheers for now,
Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 14

More brilliant photos a charter train to Cockermouth is required I think or how about a video camera trip round the layout please keep the news coming .

Hi lms,

I've often been tempted by the idea of a video trip around the layout. I think you can quite them quite cheaply these days. It's definitely an idea.

Cheers

Dave

It's late summer 1987, the grass is parched and 58043 bowls effortlessly along the main line with a rake of loaded HEAs...

post-7247-0-56245200-1427917151_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-62233700-1427917169_thumb.jpg

This loco has just had buffer beam detailing fitted.

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 15

• 2 weeks later...