RMweb

Kernow Adams O2

• RMweb Gold

I believe that system has only been in operation since their website was revamped earlier this year and is related to the software their web developer used for online sales. Before that no monies were taken at time of order as the older software did not require this.

Had the latest system been in place then the OP could have potentially had evidence from his payment card to back up his claim, but this would not be the case for orders placed back in 2012.

...and taking the money and giving it back a couple of days later is a pain (at least if you are with Barclaycard) if the refund comes just before the bill for the previous month is due as Barclaycard apply the refund to the previous months bill so you get the refund a month before you have to pay the bill for the following month which includes the original charge. Got that

It took me a long time on the phone to Barclaycard in India to understand how the system works .... and in the end they gave me a £10 credit for all the hassle.

It happened to me with the purchase of the Model Rail Cl.37. Just had to remember not to spend the refund as it gives you the impression that you've got more money in the bank than you really have available for spending.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

I believe that system has only been in operation since their website was revamped earlier this year and is related to the software their web developer used for online sales. Before that no monies were taken at time of order as the older software did not require this.

Had the latest system been in place then the OP could have potentially had evidence from his payment card to back up his claim, but this would not be the case for orders placed back in 2012.

I understand that the change is the only way they can comply with the latest card provider requirements about the way card details are held by retailers on computer systems.  However simple advice to anyone regarding orders with Kernow or anybody else - it always pays to check that your order is still live in their system especially if there have been any changes such as your own card renewal or to their software or details of models being changed.

In response to the comments above I really wish I could find the email confirming the order, unfortunately this seemed to disappear from my folders after a problem with the email address at some. Point in the past. As Andy.Y correctly states Kernow have my details and a previous email address. They can even tell me the date this was added. This was the date I placed my preorder as I have never previously, and have never subsequently ordered from them. I somehow doubt I ever will, and will not be recommending them to anyone.

Whilst I understand their point of view I am not dishonest, I am only after the deal I know I ordered all those years ago.

• RMweb Premium

...and taking the money and giving it back a couple of days later is a pain (at least if you are with Barclaycard) if the refund comes just before the bill for the previous month is due as Barclaycard apply the refund to the previous months bill so you get the refund a month before you have to pay the bill for the following month which includes the original charge. Got that

It's even more of a pain when you live overseas.  If I order an item not in stock (pre-ordered or simply out of stock when the order is received) my card is charged and the funds repaid within 24 hours or so.  But that involves me in paying a currency conversion fee from Sterling back to Dollars for which my bank charges $15.  I also lose a little in conversion from Dollars to Pounds and back.  I calculated that I would be paying an additional £9 or so in banking fees just to place such an order.  Kernow MRC are well aware of this and as Mike stated above they have to comply with the latest version of distance selling requirements when the card-holder is not present so we are stuck with this when ordering via the website.

Edited by Gwiwer

I probably did not make myself clear in my previous post. I preordered both models at the original preorder price. Kernow can give me the date, my name, my address and all other details registered at the time of making the preorder reservation. However they claim not to have an actual record of the order. I know I received a confirmation email from them, but sadly this has gone awry. Should I want the models now I have to reorder at the current, higher price. No apology from them, no offer of any help. It has been a poor experience.

Hi Andy.

You're not alone, I've just checked my Kernow account and find my pre-orders for two O2's ordered just after they were announced have disappeared as well.

Same thing happened to me. I know I definitely pre-ordered the Maunsell lined green version when it was first announced and upon checking my orders on Friday past noticed it was not there !

So I have ordered it again just to be sure I get one .

Cheers,

Chris

Thought I better check my account and pre-orders for the O2's, mine are still showing online I ordered one on the day they were announced so 2010 and another in 2011, both still there and pending, also still got the email confirmation, and pre-order price of 95.99, shall be calling them on Monday to update details of the order, and to make sure it still stands.

I hope that everyone who has had an issue get's it resolved as soon as possible, as everyone has waited patiently for a long time for the models, it's a shame if they loose custom due to this website update or what ever has caused the orders to go missing.

Glad it is not just me that has suffered. It seems Kernow do have a record of losing other people's preorders. Perhaps they would like to rethink their responses to my emails, where they stated that they had never lost an order and suggested that their ordering system was faultless. Clearly they are incorrect in this matter.

Dear all

Just wanted to highlight that the Kernow ordering system is very very robust. I used to work for them and, very rarely, there were instances of orders not being fully completed owing to card verification problems (these being managed independently by the payment processor, Sage). In these instances customers would not receive an automated verification email and this should have alerted them to a problem. So as previously stated, if a customer doesn't have a verification email (which, if it were me, I would always print off), the order would not have been recorded. In the shop we would have no idea of any failed orders.

Recently, the website software (Cybertill) update has meant that some customers have not been able to be view all of their orders. However that definitely doesn't mean that the orders have been lost. In other words, I wouldn't panic.

Given that the team are now working like fury to get the orders charged, packed an despatched, I would suggest that phone calls are kept to a minimum over the next few weeks.

I only post this to help inform.

I am currently in bed recovering from a major heart operation and also wanted to wish all the Kernow team the very best. I know that they will all be working really hard.

Andrew

• RMweb Premium

Andrew. It's good to hear from you again. Sorry to hear of your circumstances. I wish you a full complete and speedy recovery.

Thank you also for effectively confirming what I had tried to convey above. I hope this finally allays any fears or concerns anyone might have regarding their O2s and all other items on order from Camborne.

They are obviously very stressed at Cambourne. I visited last week. Not impressed.

I have a feeling that this was not intended and is not the normal situation in the shop, give them some slack PLEASE. I know them well and put yourself in their position, of just having arrived 2000pcs Class 205 Thumpers from Bachmann, then 10 days later 1000+ Class 02's from China along with 15 new models from Hornby & 6 New models from Bachmann.  WOW!!!!    I would be stressed!  Then everyone ringing and e.mailing asking 'When is my model being sent' Been there, done that, and we only had 1800 models. Charlie

post-3411-0-06386200-1443343855.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Andy.

You're not alone, I've just checked my Kernow account and find my pre-orders for two O2's ordered just after they were announced have disappeared as well.

Update. Ive just checked with Kernow and my pre orders for the O2's are on order. I was informed that only internet orders are showing in the order history. I guess i may have ordered them or updated my order by telephone. It was that long ago i can't remember. Probably accounts for the fact that i can't find the conformation email as well.

Apologies for the confusion.

Ray.

Glad it is not just me that has suffered. It seems Kernow do have a record of losing other people's preorders. Perhaps they would like to rethink their responses to my emails, where they stated that they had never lost an order and suggested that their ordering system was faultless. Clearly they are incorrect in this matter.

Maybe in light of tender's clarification, mevaman's background explanation and Charlie's supportive comments it may pay to be less combative?

I had a phone call on Friday afternoon, to say my O2 was in (and to take my payment).  I was told that it may go in the post that afternoon, if not it would have been sent on Monday, the loco turned up 10.00am yesterday morning.  It was also confirmed to me that the other O2 I have on order should be available in December.

Colin

Andy.Y

I am glad that the others have sorted their problems and that their orders have been sorted. I am not intending to be combative. However I have posted on here after several emails to the shop have got me nowhere. There seems to be an attitude on their part that nothing can ever go wrong with their website. This is a bit of sticking their head in the sand. I wanted to share my dreadful customer experience with others.

However I seem to be the one labelled as being in the wrong. I do not want to get the wrong label attached to me. This is therefore my final public comment on the matter. I will, however, send you a message with the facts in due course.

Andy

Edited for typos

Edited by andyram

• RMweb Premium

Iput yourself in their position, of just having arrived 2000pcs Class 205 Thumpers from Bachmann, then 10 days later 1000+ Class 02's from China along with 15 new models from Hornby & 6 New models from Bachmann. 

Plus attending three events some considerable distance from their home base (one of which had freshly-delivered O2s for sale on the stand) during these few days which will have taken some of their quite modest number of staff away from Camborne for at least a couple of nights ..... 

• Like 1

Just wondering why is the edge of the cab aperture white? I have never seen a photograph of a white surround on an 02, and why the black coupling rod screws? It does look a bit toy like. Especially when compared with the Bachmann 64XX at £ 30 less