Dapol 'Western'

Andy Y

Dapol Dave- is there any chance of doing a replacement headcode glazing unit from your service department for the D1000 run? Could be a useful spare anyway.

They are easy enough to get at- without removing the cab itself- but very brittle. When I tried to remove the black lines on the clear glazing they cracked and split when I tried  to remove the black lines from them.

I went and got mine as well. Unfortunately two of the screws holding the body to the chassis have had the heads chewed up on assembly, thus making it impossible to remove them in order to fit a decoder. Does anyone have any ideas? Should I just return it to STEAM and ask for a refund - I presume all the models have been sold. Most disappointing.

Keith

Edited by skin_2

I went and got mins as well. Unfortunately two of the screws holding the body to the chassis have had the heads chewed up on assembly, thus making it impossible to remove them in order to fit a decoder. Does anyone have any ideas? Should I just return it to STEAM and ask for a refund - I presume all the models have been sold. Most disappointing.

Keith

Good question. Do commissioners of ltd editions have a few more lumped onto the order to take account for any damaged/faulty models?

A quick photo before I shoot off to work... in view of folk wanting to remove their cab interiors for various reasons, here's a bird's eye view of D1062's desk taken at Bishops Lydeard for anyone wanting to titivate their models.... (the black oblong item with white writing on it in the Driver's window is a folded up wooley hat by the way!)...

post-7638-0-09780200-1361647855_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Guest jim s-w

from the OFT website rules for retailers regarding faulty goods.

"you (not the manufacturer or supplier) are legally obliged to resolve the matter with the customer at any time for up to six years from the date of purchase, or in Scotland for up to five years from the discovery of the problem.

Any refund, repair or replacement you arrange with your customer relating to faulty goods must not cause them too much inconvenience and you will have to pay for other costs, for example, collection or delivery.

If you disagree with a customer's claim, you can ask if they are willing for you to send the item to a third party or the manufacturer for inspection. If the customer agrees you can do this, it is important to remember that the goods must not be damaged during this process."

HTH

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Good question. Do commissioners of ltd editions have a few more lumped onto the order to take account for any damaged/faulty models?

It is normally the case that a ltd will include a few extras over the top of the number of certficates, I have previously ended up buying one of these additional locos well after the original release sold out, when the commissioner decided to sell them on (I guess after the year warrenty had expired)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A quick photo before I shoot off to work... in view of folk wanting to remove their cab interiors for various reasons, here's a bird's eye view of D1062's desk taken at Bishops Lydeard for anyone wanting to titivate their models.... (the black oblong item with white writing on it in the Driver's window is a folded up wooley hat by the way!)...

attachicon.gifBRWR D1062 WSR W #397a.jpg

That is one very tide cab, someone is proud of there charge. 

Terry

It is normally the case that a ltd will include a few extras over the top of the number of certficates, I have previously ended up buying one of these additional locos well after the original release sold out, when the commissioner decided to sell them on (I guess after the year warrenty had expired)

Only 400 of these supplied I'm afraid, as under the 'W' warranty scheme replacement parts and chassis for repair etc are/will be available through our spares / repairs / warranty agent DCC supplies.

Cheers

Dave

Only 400 of these supplied I'm afraid, as under the 'W' warranty scheme replacement parts and chassis for repair etc are/will be available through our spares / repairs / warranty agent DCC supplies.

Cheers

Dave

So it's a case of sending a faulty D1000 to DCC Supplies by Royal Fail for repair? They're not too far from me, if, and that's a big if my Enterprise has the chewed chassis screws like skin_2's.

Apropos to this thread, here's a photo of Heljan's O gauge Wezzie at ModelRail Scotland:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151331259938207&set=a.10151331259038207.469723.176420418206&type=3&l=128d8b8dcd&permPage=1

If its got hewed screws I doubt DCC supplies can do much to be honest. I'd think Steam is your best port of call.

Cheers

Dave

But what can Steam do other than refund the money? I assume that Dapol will be on the phone to China next week to get them not to damage the screw heads when assembling? It sounds like QC needs to be tightened.

RWJ

• RMweb Gold

But what can Steam do other than refund the money? I assume that Dapol will be on the phone to China next week to get them not to damage the screw heads when assembling? It sounds like QC needs to be tightened.

RWJ

Has this spate of chewed up screws moved beyond the grand total of one - we seem to be witnessing the delivery of Western Drama :-)

Jerry

• Like 6

Has this spate of chewed up screws moved beyond the grand total of one - we seem to be witnessing the delivery of Western Drama :-)

Jerry

One that we know of on here. Remember that the vast majority of collectors won't be members of this board, not that will they want to fit DCC, mind. But at least Steam have a few left over to replace damaged ones. Don't you understand the point that it's a QC issue? If the mainstream models are similarly affected, then it is going to be a problem, no? We just have to hope that the issue of the chewed threads and the glued cab interior weren't widespread.

RWJ

One that we know of on here. Remember that the vast majority of collectors won't be members of this board, not that will they want to fit DCC, mind. But at least Steam have a few left over to replace damaged ones. Don't you understand the point that it's a QC issue? If the mainstream models are similarly affected, then it is going to be a problem, no? We just have to hope that the issue of the chewed threads and the glued cab interior weren't widespread.

RWJ

It would appear that the glued cab interiors apply throughout the desert sand and blue batches that are currently in this country; (see postings by DapolDave above).

Regards,

John.

Getting a bit worried.... I phoned Steam on Tuesday to confirm my order, but they don't seem to have charged my credit card yet... I was one of the last 25 to order; I wonder if they will cancel the last x orders in order to have enough to replace returned models...

Will Dapol be able to do sand Westerns in future batches, or do Steam have some sort of exclusive deal with the sand livery?