Torrington Mk 1 and Torrington Mk 2

darren01

• RMweb Premium

Superb photos and workmanship as always Darren.

A B&W version of No.3 (square-on to the level crossing) would surely make people look twice to check if it wasn't real. Actual colour photos of the Beatties in their Cornish environs (or Devon in your case) are relatively uncommon.

HI

Thanks for the coments that you like what i have done , I was having a look round and came across this photo i had of a BTW at the same spot, taken in 1959....

Hope you like it.

All thebest

Darren

post-6929-0-33658400-1331396544.jpg

post-6929-0-17367500-1331397369.jpg

HI Glade you like the photo's ,Ray i have found one of the Driver back on the loco for you.

Now have all the magnets done on the layout, next wagons.....

hope you are not getting bord yet with theses photo's?.

post-6929-0-73511000-1331420981.jpg

post-6929-0-36544100-1331421032.jpg

post-6929-0-63212600-1331421044.jpg

• RMweb Premium

That last one, almost identical to the one I mentioned before but with the addition of the driver, has to be the bees knees. I know the mags are all for colour but s "period" shot such as that really can look better in B&W simply because that is how those images were originally captured almost all of the time.

I can't place a gold star on the post myself but I can contribute to you gaining one.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm a blow in from N gauge but enjoy good modelling in all gauges and Torrington has so much wow factor I'm lost for words such brilliant detailed work and unlike alot of threads wonderfully illustrated (love the pics) If you can keep this going and sharing with us I'll be a happy man! :bye:

HI

Thanks for the knid coments on the photo's glad you liked them .

I have been working on a new board for the show next weekend , i did this last year ,But was not happy with the way it had truned out.

So i have spent some time redoing it ,this board will add on to the layout ,making the whole layout for the show 20 feet long ( at home the layout is on a large cruve not much good foe a show) he are a few photo's of waht it looks like and some of my loco's ,hope you like them .

All the best

Darren

• RMweb Gold

I thought that you stone walling behind in the first couple of photos was well modelled and then I realised that it was your garden wall! Doh!

See you Saturday - I will bring along a couple of 'blue' things to run!

Archived