Torrington Mk 1 and Torrington Mk 2

darren01

HI

Just got back from Torrington yard and the PW gang have been busy!, the points are gone and on the back of a few wagons .

So i took some photo of what had been done and took a shot of a 40ton ballast wagon sitting where the points used to be , the PW gang where off to the local .

Hi Gwiwer

It was good to talk and meet you at last at the RMweb day, keep modling mate!.

post-6929-0-08322900-1336318538.jpg

post-6929-0-36188100-1336318569.jpg

post-6929-0-59243100-1336318580.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

A surprise as you say but there comes a time when we choose to move on or our circumstances change.

If I were in the same country I'd be in touch; shipping something like that across the planet isn't an option.

hi im very interested in your layout but need to make sure I have room for it and that I can get it back to Hampshire safely

could you give me the measurements of each board please and if im right looking at the advert in the classifieds its 20 feet plus the 8 foot  fiddle yard ?

I will have a read through all your pages to so will probably find my answers sorry

will drop you a pm to

with thanks jon

Yes, I was shocked to see Torrington in the classifieds section too

I'm sure you'll get a good price for it - it's still a cracking layout

As Rich says, "if only space & money were not at a premium"

Can't wait to see the next layout already ;)

Marc

Hi Marc

Time to move on to something new, and better.

I have not used the layout for sometime now and have been working on a new one that will take its place, the new layout will be a lot easier to take to shows,Torrington has been a good layout and I have learnt a lot of new skills while doing it.

Thanks for all the support you have all given me over the time i was building the layout, and all the help too.

All the best

Darren

Hi Darren

Sorry to see you're selling Torrington, still as you say, onwards and upwards. I was lucky enough to see it "in the flesh" just once and was very impressed. Anyway, let me know what you're planning for your next layout, as it's more transportable. If it's a secret at the moment, just PM me - I won't tell a soul, honest guv!!

Take care mate and hope to see you soon

Dave

• 2 months later...

I saw this layout in 'Model Rail' Magazine and I think it's amazing! One or two questions though.

1. Where did you get those white Head code Discs? As I've been looking for some for ages!

2. On my new build, I'm going to have space spare, what would you suggest I put in this space that is prototypical to the Southern region?

Matt

HI 

I got the head code disk from mainly trains, they are made of brass and you do get a lot of them on the fret, They do look a lot better then the plastic one's i have seen used.

Hope this helps.

If you could expand your question (2) a bit as i do not understand what your want?.

Darren01

Ps. Looks like Torrington will be seen in public for it's last time this year, will let you know more soon.

HI 

I got the head code disk from mainly trains, they are made of brass and you do get a lot of them on the fret, They do look a lot better then the plastic one's i have seen used.

Hope this helps.

If you could expand your question (2) a bit as i do not understand what your want?.

Darren01

Ps. Looks like Torrington will be seen in public for it's last time this year, will let you know more soon.

Hi

Don't worry actually about Q2, I've got an idea for it now, but thanks anyway! :)

Matt

• RMweb Premium

I know this is cheapskate but I believe that paper punch 'circles' will do nicely for white discs (well card discs......) you really cant tell unless you are about 10cm from the loco.

If these are a bit big then a leather punch has varying size 'punch' parts.Someone is bound to have one you could borrow.

P

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

RMlive 2014

Torrington

med_gallery_17883_3195_123607.jpgrmweb2918show139

med_gallery_17883_3195_607880.jpg

med_gallery_17883_3195_634064.jpg

med_gallery_17883_3195_562957.jpg

med_gallery_17883_3195_504910.jpg

med_gallery_17883_3195_471446.jpg

med_gallery_17883_3195_521223.jpg

They won the .......quoted from Andy Y on RMlive 2014.....

Shakespeare Spirit - awarded for the first time in memory of Dave Shakespeare and his inspirational modelling to Darren Rees and Torrington, we were very please when totting up the voting to see this come top of the public vote as it's very much in the spirit of an individual crafting a great scene inspiring modellers to develop their skills.

• Tools.jpg Craftsmanship/Clever x 4
  •  
  • Thumbs.jpg Like x 4
  •  

Archived