Thanks guys, apologies for the images always showing the same part of the layout. I've been working on the depot building and have painted part of it, i'm also in the process of fitting lights. Once thats done I'll take some pictures of something different!

Cheers

Scott

Thanks guys, apologies for the images always showing the same part of the layout. I've been working on the depot building and have painted part of it, i'm also in the process of fitting lights. Once thats done I'll take some pictures of something different!

Cheers

Scott

lol, im the same, not much ever new on mine mate.

Good evening,

Glad you're not getting too bored of the location .. But just in case you were I thought I'd treat you to a picture of the depot and some unusual traction at Redbrook McMaritime...

37403 has made an appearance, arriving this morning.

Not sure why, but it's here. It looks like its settled in already.

post-6849-0-13428700-1351014370.jpg

It's just awaiting the chip fitter, before it can have a run. In the mean time its filling up with diesel!

post-6849-0-55445700-1351014210.jpg

Thats it for now..

Scott

Still got to weather the depot, the sides are too blue so I'lll have a go at them and the roof soon. Yes it is a vitrains 37, not sure I'll be reverting back to the 90's fully, although I've just been going through my old photos and could be tempted.. The 37 purchase was a spur of the moment thing, the price just seemed right.

37403 is now officially available for work, as luck would have it I had a 37 sound chip knocking about so its now fitted and has been tested this evening.

After a bit of shunting it was stabled up near the shunters cabin. (The photographers favourite place)

post-6849-0-16219000-1351111645.jpg

post-6849-0-63224900-1351111659.jpg

Normallity has since returned, 08530 seen here bringing in some FEAB wagons for some light maintenance.

post-6849-0-56718900-1351111820.jpg

All's quiet as the sun goes down over Redbrook.

post-6849-0-26263200-1351111914.jpg

Cheers

Scott

Good plan, hedge your bets...don't get tied down.Similar idea with my plank.

I have the Vitrains 37430 'Cwmbran', it's not a bad item - doesn't lool or run quite as well as Bachmann but for £50 it's OK. Those fiddly detailing bits can stuff off though - lost most the lamp irons in 5 minutes......

My only concern with Vi is whether the customer support will be there in a few years if the hobby co, ceases to import the UK image items...

My 37 came with bits fitted and I got it for £36 so I can't complain. I quite fancy a blue 37 next time, I've got the one in mind, I just need to see if Bachmann do one that matches it.

post-6849-0-76216000-1351189169.jpg

My wooden laser cut depot baskets arrived today so my plan is to have a go at them tonight, i'f im successful I'll post a picture.. Don't hold your breath!

Cheers

Scott

Hi Lee,

Welcome aboard, thanks for looking at my ramblings. To answer your question, no I wont be going all blue, but the odd one may make an appearance. I quite like the weathered/worn blue look.

Now onto the cages... I've got mixed views really, I went for the laser cut ones as the thought of etched ones filled me with fear, they just look to fiddly and my soldering skills are poor. I have to say I found these laser one's blimming fiddly too. I think my thumbs are too big! :good: I couldn't get them square despite the simple process of building. Fold the corners and stick on a base. To me the base didn't seem right and was too small but that was more than likely me being a thicko.

The cost was £8.99 for 4 (twice as much as an etch supplier on here) and I expect next time round I would have taken a bit more time, but in true fashion I wanted them done now.

Here are some pictures of them being delivered to Redbrook, think the forklift driver got caught short and disappeared in a hurry.

post-6849-0-93582000-1351200941.jpg

post-6849-0-03624500-1351200977.jpg

post-6849-0-86564900-1351200955.jpg

I also had a plan whilst briefly out in the garage. 37403 is a loco maintained by the Freightliner staff at Redbrook and is a celebrity loco used for Railtours and other such events. (well thats the story until my retro fleet grows)

Here 37038 can be seen collecting 403 from the depot before heading off to Eastleigh to collect stock for the "Warren Wanderer" Railtour at the weekend. 66610 is the most recent arrival to Redbrook, having been chipped this evening.

post-6849-0-72685500-1351201327.jpg

Final shot, the stabling sidings are starting to fill up, not a good sign for business.

post-6849-0-15324200-1351201523.jpg

Thats it for tonight now, promise..

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott

I agree with Mick. I think the baskets look great as they always get a little bashed with constant use.

I finished assembling my etched ones last night. I just need to paint them now. I resorted to gluing the feet on as they were too tiny to solder!

I'm loving the photos of your stabled stock. I think I need to start buying more!

Dave

Evening,

Well the baskets seem to have gone down well, so thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't too sure myself but as Mick and Dave have said, the baskets get damaged so I'll live with the bent ones!

The baskets themselves came from Ebay and are of German origin and are HO, but the size seems ok with me.

I think I have enough Freightliner locos now, my locos are normally funded by selling off other rolling stock so thankfully don't come from my current account that often. No doubt when I'm bored of Team Green they will be sold off to fund the next idea, and no they're not being traded in for 90's stock!

As always, thanks for looking and passing comment.

Scott

Archived