QUAI:87

Brian Harrap

Anyhoo, back on topic, it is apparent that the Ree model knocks the Hornbirossi one into a cocked hat. It also sets a very high bar for Model Rail and whoever is producing their model now.

The Model Rail one will be in 1:76 scale I guess and undoubtedly as the Southern Rly version. The very one Ree don't list of course.(this scale missmatch irritates me) Brian

Very nice 030TU Brian, is it going to stay as a French one or are you going to ZOBify it ?

Hello Ian, Hmm. Did you not see the Baronial Estates version? (This is the Hornbirossi model - compare and discuss, I rate the HR coupling rod fixings over the Ree myself) Brian

post-5773-0-42840300-1404460044_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I thought I had seen one when passing through Ilford, too.........

Did I ever tell you about the Prostitution Service my Dad discovered that worked to the timetable between Liverpool St. and Bethnal Green during off peak hours?

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Did I ever tell you about the Prostitution Service my Dad discovered that worked to the timetable between Liverpool St. and Bethnal Green during off peak hours?

There are now an almost unlimited number of possible answers to that. :jester:

Andy

Not at all far fetched. I'm sure I have read somewhere that at least two of the ex SR USA tanks spent time on the Great Eastern, shredded at Stratford, and also, I seem to recall, at least one spent time on loan to Liverpool (maybe I have imagined that last bit.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

"...probably for the last time in the UK..."

Is it being scrapped or exported ?? I've only been lucky enough to see this once, at Taunton, it would be a shame to never see it again.

• Like 1

"...probably for the last time in the UK..."

Is it being scrapped or exported ?? I've only been lucky enough to see this once, at Taunton, it would be a shame to never see it again.

It’s going to be on permanent loan to the “Donald Trump Hair and Railroad Museum” in Manhattan, NY from next Summer.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

.... so I'd assume the good Baron wants something different now ;)

Ah yes, that old question....

.....either a Sardinian brewery or a Bolivian electric mineral railway as I recall.

post-6728-0-83468400-1407084290.jpg

.. and there was talk of one of these if the water leak problem could be mastered.

post-6728-0-76461200-1407084483.png

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

This is what QUAI:87 looks like undressed and ready to be taken to an exhibition.attachicon.gifQUAI87 undressed AUG 2014 001a.jpgattachicon.gifQUAI87 undressed AUG 2014 002a.jpg

To see it in a fully assembled condition, probably for the last time in the UK, Wells is the place to be this  weekend.

Brian

This is what it looks like after a weekend in Wellspost-5773-0-88106300-1407860908_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Nah, done that. B

What ever it will be, it will be b****y clever and I shall hate him for it. Jealously is a terrible thing, I know and I am taking tablets for it.

Bless of luck in what ever venture Brian and I hope to see it some where soon. 

Yes, but that was only a demo.

Brian's built two proto-220 layouts and the second one was a lot more than a demo!

I'm waiting for him to build a proto-T layout but I think I'll be waiting a long time! :)

• RMweb Gold

Not wishing to spread rumours, but I'd like to see a P4 UK 'Zobshire' layout... :P ;)

Regards,

Nick.

Oh dear, Nick, some of us have already tried, we really have. We've tried for a very long time, in good weather and bad, indoors and out, upstairs and down, in colour and in black & white, drunk and sober, and still it's 'no deal'...!