QUAI:87

Brian Harrap

• RMweb Gold

................Nothing to do but follow the prototype and suspend tram services (put on a bus-NO) and start digging up the cobbles................

............Now if there was an emergency Faller guided bus system fitted.................................!  ;)   :P

• RMweb Gold

............Now if there was an emergency Faller guided bus system fitted.................................!  ;)   :P

Brian would have to dig up even more cobbles to get the guide wire in, resulting in even more disruption to the tram service, meaning another replacement bus service, to replace the tram replacing the bus replacing the tram.....

Water taxi, anyone ?

Water taxi, anyone ?

Now there's a challenge! 

There was a mention/ suggestion/ guess of a Metro as an extension, I thought an overhead section similar to Liverpool might be easier, but Mr. Harrap doesn't seem to do "Simple" or "easy"

Edited by DonB

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

You do realise Brian that now you have put fresh tarmac down the water board will be along to dig it up within days - followed a few weeks later by the gas board!

Jerry

Well, I've suggested that he take on the role of the 'Water Board' himself and consider the tarmac as a purely temporary expedient, with fresh cobbles to be laid as his first and prime New Year's Resolution... ;)

• Like 3

Who is Algernon Cuthbertson anyway

An Imposter surely!  Either that or a time traveller who's jumped about 150 years thus escaping the clutches of the Prussian militia and/or a certain flogging resulting from his previous desertion!

We should be told! 

The traditional end of year 'catch up with all those outstanding modelling projects' here in Zobland (and in many other lands I guess) has safely come and gone with, as expected, not nearly as much getting done as I might have wished. Mostly it seemed to be a case of re-prioritizing various projects and then shuffling them back more or less as they were before, such fun - not much achieved but it felt like it. OK I did manage to reprofile the tyres on the little Italian shunter, but did not get around to repainting it - too wet and windy. Who knows what the New Year may bring. Speaking of New Year, I must wish all you who are kind enough to read this column all the best for 2014 and happy modelling. Especially those (some of you I know, some I'm afraid I don't) who have taken the trouble to tick the little like/etc buttons - It doesn't go unnoticed and is much appreciated. Now where did I put my soldering iron and magnifying glass. (That's the small iron and the big glass)

Best regards to you all, Brian.

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

oooh, Brian's going up in the world? A nice, air-cooled V8 engine, albeit with swing axle rear suspension? {IIRC?]

Brian will also have to get a rowing boat out, and a fish net...the T3 has lost  a cylinder cover, probably fell off into the canal.....?

still dribblin' all over the keyboard, whenever I look at Brian's trackwork.....]

Edited by alastairq

• 2 weeks later...

I was up fairly early this morning and was lucky enough to catch this assemblage trundling along the quaysidepost-5773-0-70793200-1393157197_thumb.jpg

It didn't take too much hotfooting over the bridge to get another shot a bit further along.post-5773-0-11253300-1393157524_thumb.jpg

They must be taking the wagon off scene somewhere as there are no places that are not rail connected on QUAI:87. Perhaps its off to the fiddle yard.

• Like 17