QUAI:87

Brian Harrap

• 2 months later...

Brian:

OT, I know, but as you're going to be demonstrating P87 wheel reprofiling at Scaleforum, may I bring my Br.41 to you and see what might be done with it?

Your Br.41 and I'll raise you a Soviet AA20-1

Bring it along by all means Ivan, we can both sit there rubbing our chins.

• RMweb Premium

Bought one of these in a moment of weakness. Will look great on the QUAI Ithought. Now I can't find a prototype of/for it. Anyone got any ideas please, Brian.

These photos may be of use Brian. The loco is a Badoni.

Edited by Neil
  • Like 1

These photos may be of use Brian. The loco is a Badoni.

Hello Neil, Many many thanks for that info and link. A wonderfull set of pics too, I found the actual prototype model about half wat down. I had thought at one time that Liliput may have made a freelance model (nothing wrong with that, done it myself) but to find it is really real makes me much happier about running it around on the Quais once the wheel reprofiling has been done. Thanks again, Brian.

Now it just happens that I rather like mm pie. However a fly has been found in the woodpile. It's been pointed out to me that the version I have (Wiebe boxed set with three wagons) is a limited edition and potentionally a collectors item in years to come so that a respay (and doing the wheels for that matter) would ruin its resale value. So if anyone wants to invest in the future and make a killing I'll do a straight swap for an ordinary one. Be quick, the paint is already mixed, Brian. Ps. should have quoted # 338 and #341 . Don't know what went wrong, B.

Edited by Brian Harrap

• 1 month later...

There's not much real estate left on QUAI:87 that hasn't already got loads of track or railway associated items on it. Pity in a way because I fancy a traverser somewhere, especially one with a mixed gauge turnout on it.  Photo kindly sent to me by Keith Angus.

post-5773-0-64514900-1383297331_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

There's not much real estate left on QUAI:87 that hasn't already got loads of track or railway associated items on it. Pity in a way because I fancy a traverser somewhere, especially one with a mixed gauge turnout on it.  Photo kindly sent to me by Keith Angus.

Sounds to me like it might be time for a new layout - or an extension!

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

There doesn't appear to be any rail break between the ground based track and that on the near part of the traverser. Could it be that the near part of the traverser was fixed when the point was added, and only the far part actually moves ?

Edited by Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

Transport truck double scartomento built by Ansaldo in the thirties for your establishment provides Sampierdarena, with the curiosity of the exchange installed on the same transporter for ordinary gauge track (photo Ansaldo.)

That is the rough translation according to Mum who speaks Italian. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nick  :)

There doesn't appear to be any rail break between the ground based track and that on the near part of the traverser. Could it be that the near part of the traverser was fixed when the point was added, and only the far part actually moves ?

I can just see breaks on the left two rails and the one the right, but they're not very clear. Can't see anything on the other two, but they must be there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
Transport truck double scartomento built by Ansaldo in the thirties for your establishment provides Sampierdarena, with the curiosity of the exchange installed on the same transporter for ordinarygauge track (photo Ansaldo.)

That is the rough translation according to Mum who speaks Italian. Hope this helps!

E pericoloso sporgersi. Mezzo chilo di salsicce. Il mio postiglione e stato colpito da un fulmine. Cosi che cosa si usa un 'scartomento' per?

• RMweb Gold

You keep your sausages to yourself! Stick to beer! ;)

I don't know - Mum wasn't sure either, although it could have been a word with a double meaning. My Italian isn't very good, mostly based on Latin and Ancient Greek. (Although the 'modern' Italian language is a bit like ours, lots of others thrown in.)

Regards,

Nick

Edited by Brinkly