QUAI:87

Brian Harrap

I think a monorail or Wuppertalbahn tribute would be the logical conclusion to all of Brian's work, particularly if he can make the vehicle traffic run in the streets below! (DCCar or 1:87 RC?)

Hang on - I'm not hanging up my track gauges yet. B

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the new baseboard timbers professionally prepared. B

Well I know the guy who often drives the traction engine( Gordon). He's keen so you should get a good job.

Saw the pictured ensemble on  glory heading up the A30 couple days ago.

Well I know the guy who often drives the traction engine( Gordon). He's keen so you should get a good job.

Saw the pictured ensemble on  glory heading up the A30 couple days ago.

Going to the Grand Dorset Steam Fair no doubt. May see you there. B

• 2 weeks later...

When I added the Ball Signal to QUAI:87 :-post-5773-0-13003400-1473413974_thumb.jpg

I knew it to be something of an Americanism but went ahead anyway thinking/hoping they must have used similar devices in Europe. Imagine my delight when I found this (ok its a replica or reconstruction) in the Vienna Technical museum.post-5773-0-99962000-1473414416_thumb.jpg

Just the comfort I needed. What the fellow who decided to put the nice blue lighting under the loco thought he was doing I have no idea. B

• Like 10

• 4 months later...

I was aware of course that the QUAI:87 Brass Hats had made some investment Overseas - an engineering works in the UK as it happens - and on a recent visit I managed to grab this shot of the establishment they have set up. B.

Shouldn't the phone number be 1-87?

• RMweb Gold

Good evening Baron and subjects.

This caught my eye - dual overhead wires, with one of them offset, and showing the locomotive switching from one to the other while working an ore train in a large opencast mine in Utah.

In case the link starts at the beginning, the bit with the locomotive is at 13m 49s. Once the train is loaded, it shows the offset pantograph retracting and folding away after the main one makes contact, all on the move.

https://youtu.be/LXq0bVz2XpY?t=13m49s

Edited by Corbs
  • Like 3

Thank you Corbs for posting that bit featuring the panto change over. I crawled over a similar loco thus equipped and was somewhat amazed to find that the side pantos where raised and lowered by a piece of string (cord) fed through the cab side. The Utah mine (quarry) shown suggests to me the modelling possibility featuring a complete hole in the ground rather than the usual 'one face' approach often seen modelled. Maybe next time, when I've got enough space to put a hole in.

Regards, B.

• Like 4