QUAI:87

Brian Harrap

Despite the rather rough and ready start ( see # posts 779 & 810 above) the new baseboard woodwork is turning out rather well. I have been using  three legged underpinnings for a few layouts now, its doesn't make any hall floors I have to set up on any leveller but clearly it does stop the whole thing wobbling about. On wheels too - a great asset when the words "can you go that way a bit" are heard. B.

post-5773-0-60694200-1487598293_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

I'm intrigued by the hinges on the leading edge; are the underparts designed to fold flat or are they just a handy way of joining the uprights at an angle?

Edited by Neil
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

CK and l were summoned to Schloss Zobland today to see what the Good Baron has been up to lately.

A few pics of the 'P76 Works' on Sentinel Street for your enjoyment.

post-6728-0-06931300-1501528770_thumb.jpg

Three Sentinels on Sentinel Street + one at the back!.

post-6728-0-04461400-1501528834_thumb.jpg

Supplies arrive from the outside world.

post-6728-0-74410800-1501528989_thumb.jpg

A visitor from 'Matford'

post-6728-0-96978800-1501529077_thumb.jpg

A motley collection.

post-6728-0-54861800-1501529199_thumb.jpg

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

CK and l were summoned to Schloss Zobland today to see what the Good Baron has been up to lately.

A few pics of the 'P76 Works' on Sentinel Street for your enjoyment.

attachicon.gif008.jpg

Three sentinels on Sentinel Street + one at the back!.

attachicon.gif010.jpg

Take your partners by the hand...

Note to self: lay off the cheese at this time of night

Edited by ullypug

• RMweb Gold

It was indeed excellent to be able to see the Baron's new project and we had a lot of fun running engines around and posing for photos. I'll upload some of my own later.

It does occur to me, though, that as the layout is presumably set in the British part of Zobland, that a new thread is called for, in the 'UK' section of the layouts forum?

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

That looks rather good fun...

Pardon the stupid question ( it being Tuesday an'all ) but are the copper tubes wire in tubie things for the points?

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

As usual, the trackwork looks superb, yet simple.

Superb, yes, but simple?

..... It does occur to me, though, that as the layout is presumably set in the British part of Zobland, that a new thread is called for, in the 'UK' section of the layouts forum?

Oh dear a whole new can of Brexit worms has just been opened up; hard or soft border, will neighbouring Zobland states seek to absorb this British anomaly into their own countries, which legal system will have ultimate jurisdiction over migrant workers from, say, South Devon? The questions are potentially endless.

It does occur to me, though, that as the layout is presumably set in the British part of Zobland, that a new thread is called for, in the 'UK' section of the layouts forum? (The Captain's idea, not mine)

No, B

Ps Did the captain say he spent the afternoon Posing? Surely not.

Edited by Brian Harrap
  • Like 1

That looks rather good fun...

Pardon the stupid question ( it being Tuesday an'all ) but are the copper tubes wire in tubie things for the points?

Rob.

They certainly are Rob, all my layouts use this method - cheap, simple, intuitive, reliable - every day of the week. B

• Like 2

Another very effective layout in the making Herr Brian, I think it deserves its own thread too.

Very much looking forward to the next instalments.

Superb, yes, but simple?

Oh dear a whole new can of Brexit worms has just been opened up; hard or soft border, will neighbouring Zobland states seek to absorb this British anomaly into their own countries, which legal system will have ultimate jurisdiction over migrant workers from, say, South Devon? The questions are potentially endless.

Zob exists, like many Brexit exponent's ideas, in cloud cuckoo land. B

• RMweb Gold

CK is not a poser, he's really been a nice bloke I'm reliably informed. ;)

:jester:

Thank you.

There are one or two individuals who might benefit from you informing them of that directly, preferably in writing and witnessed by a solicitor.