QUAI:87

Brian Harrap

Although QUAI:87 itself may be resting, that doesn't stop little side projects going on like making up wagon loads etc. One that I've had in mind for some time is a Doe Triple D tractor being delivered. I haven't followed Ernests' design exactly, in fact hardly at all other than modelling an articulated tractor and painting it blue - based on - would be nearer the mark. The project got the go-ahead when I unearthed a couple of model tractors from somewhere. I don't know where but really I should have gone out and looked for some better ones as the moulding on mine wouldn't have been out of place on a Christmas cracker toy. However, plodding on, and much sanding, carving and filling turned up something which doesn't look too bad on a wagon. I could cover it with a tarpaulin I suppose but that would be rather defeating the exercise wouldn't it. I see the local agent has trusted to tying down the load with rather insubstantial looking hemp rope by the look of it, I would have used industrial strength webbing or chain myself but there you go, perhaps its not going far.

post-5773-0-27338400-1469976930_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Oh wait, it's a single unit :O  I thought it were 2 smaller tractors  :toclue:

:punish:

Ah, British agriculture - always keeping its nose in front........sorry, hat, coat, gone...

• RMweb Gold

This of course would do for P87 and P4............. :taunt:

I think that I have an idea of what he's up to...  :sungum:

....P.S. on the other hand, maybe not....... :scratchhead:

Edited by Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

He has alluded to me what his new plans are. 'Water' and 'stuff in the air' were mentioned but I detected a decided whiff of red herring, Therefore I can neither confirm nor deny that it is or isn't going to be what he made references to ...or not....

Perhaps in future he should not be known as 'The Baron' but 'Mr what's he up to now'. :biggrin_mini2:

Edited by Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

No one will either confirm nor deny what the Baron may or may not be up to, or down to, or from, as the case may or may not be (or not be), whether it is in P87, or P86, or even P85 for that matter. If you keep going long enough, you get to P4, which may or may not be what he was originally planning (or not planning) in the first (or last) place.

• Like 1

Does that mean he's having a go at replicating the Wuppertalbahn?

Now that would be interesting with The Barons take on it hmmmm

No one will either confirm nor deny what the Baron may or may not be up to, or down to, or from, as the case may or may not be (or not be), whether it is in P87, or P86, or even P85 for that matter. If you keep going long enough, you get to P4, which may or may not be what he was originally planning (or not planning) in the first (or last) place.

Have you ever considered a career in the Foreign Office?  :jester:

And so we see the very rare images of the new SWAG committee searching for The Barons newest project.

What will they possibly find ?

post-20303-0-10240400-1470170139.jpeg

post-20303-0-66428600-1470170154.jpeg

Earlier attempts sadly failed......

post-20303-0-95469600-1470170167.jpeg

Yours

Prof. D. Hattenborough

• Like 3

I'd agree with that HT, especially if it's produced to Brian's exacting standards.

However, we may all be barking up the wrong tree ?

• RMweb Gold

And so we see the very rare images of the new SWAG committee searching for The Barons newest project.

What will they possibly find ?

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Earlier attempts sadly failed......

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Yours

Prof. D. Hattenborough

Blast, I was going to do that...   

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 2