Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Gold

Oh! Sorry I thought this was about finding a bargain thread, must be in the wrong place ?

So did i.

Some people cant seem to grasp the simple idea of if they want to discuss something off topic at length to take it to another thread.

I love wasting my time viewing and deleting irrelevant emails. No doubt ill get some sarcastic comments .

Some people cant seem to grasp the simple idea of if they want to discuss something off topic at length to take it to another thread.

I agree. Not trying to stifle discussion but please take it to another thread: e.g. the Olivia thread or Heljan 47 thread.

I don't think anyone cares about the odd off-topic comment here and there but be aware that many, many people follow this thread so going off topic for several pages on this thread has a bigger impact than for other threads.

Guy

I don't mind seeing a bit of general chitchat.  In any case, it's usually relevant to the thread and helpful as to whether a bargain is indeed a bargain.  The Heljan chassis/Olivia's comments have been useful to me.  These are brief messages, if you don't like it, take the 10 seconds of your life you will never get back with a pinch of salt and move on.

Besides, the moaners are adding to the numbers of posts which are nothing to do with bargain hunting.  There's an irony there.

Alun

• RMweb Gold

Besides, the moaners are adding to the numbers of posts which are nothing to do with bargain hunting.  There's an irony there.

Alun

Not really. People wouldnt "moan" as you put it if there wasnt anything to "moan" about.

Most like me have been quite polite in asking to stay more on topic, but if you think thats moaning, thats your problem.

Not really. People wouldnt "moan" as you put it if there wasnt anything to "moan" about.

...and clearly some people don't think there is anything to moan about.  I will leave it there as I don't want to clog up the thread with irrelevant off topic comments.  Besides, I like my hobbies to be fun.

• RMweb Gold

I don't regard 4 sentences and under 80 words as long ( my main para in #4505), or indeed off topic as it refers to the "bargain" purchases others have made.

Be worth a Moderator view and clarification please as I don't come on here to have arguments with people.

John.

Neither do i John.

Im just interested in the topic subject, but the amount of times we stray off is getting silly.

I dont mean little chit chats cause thats fine, but its the endless discussions of wh smith, modelzone, hawkins and now olivias that would be better suited in other areas of the forum that would be seem by more people interested in that subject.

• RMweb Premium

If I had to police every topic that strays off a bit I wouldn't get anything else done. I don't think it's been too wayward.

I was going to post something about getting back to bargains, but I'm sure the moderators are on the case.

Ah...

Oops.....

(Flippant Friday mood - Sorry - I'll go home now)

Cheers,

Mick

Neither do i John.

Im just interested in the topic subject, but the amount of times we stray off is getting silly.

I dont mean little chit chats cause thats fine, but its the endless discussions of wh smith, modelzone, hawkins and now olivias that would be better suited in other areas of the forum that would be seem by more people interested in that subject.

Great and thanks.

I fully agree with you that the pages of angst about specific suppliers should be elsewhere - at the end of the day all we really want is to be able to make some good value purchases!

John.

<Insert retailer here> have <Insert bargain here> for <Insert price here>.

<Insert link here>.

<Insert sarcastic remark here>. Oops, I mean "Here endeth the How to post a bargain lesson".

:mosking:

Happy bargain-hunting.

Popped into our local branch of The Range (Chatham Dockyard Outlet) where they are selling A1 sheets of 5mm foamboard for £3.99 a sheet, but with an offer of four sheets for £10.

When you consider that their A2 sheets are £7.99 each, this is a pretty decent deal!

If that has been triggered by my post #4502, then somewhat mean spirited and unnecessary.

Had I launched into a long passage, then yes, perhaps post elsewhere. Trying to be helpful, and thereby remedying the purchases into a bargain doesn't deserve sarcasm.

John.

Not aimed at you at all John, sorry if you mistook my post :)

Popped into our local branch of The Range (Chatham Dockyard Outlet) where they are selling A1 sheets of 5mm foamboard for £3.99 a sheet, but with an offer of four sheets for £10.

When you consider that their A2 sheets are £7.99 each, this is a pretty decent deal!

At last back to bargains!

I will say in defence of Olivia's here that I have 3 of the chassis sat in front of me, and none have ever been used, as getting the bodies on/off leaves marks on the metal block. I think the only running these have had would have been the test they had in the shop. I spoke to the staff when I bought them, and these are the stock Heljan had left. They are brand new, from the warehouse. As to the issue of the wheels, when was the last run of the Heljan class 47? Over the years, including the ones I've bought for spares, I've had 11 different ones and none of the ones I've had have had the new wheels.

I know the price Olivia's charge are on the high side, but no one is forcing you to buy. And as to customer service, I have never had any problems with them.

Guy, Guys

Don't get me wrong, I haven't suggested that Olivia's supplied something secondhand. Far from it.

However, I fully expected them the be current spec, ie, nice shiny wheels.

Incidentally, I see they have changed their ad to state/ show that the Class 47s have the old brown wheels.

Dave

Guy, Guys

Don't get me wrong, I haven't suggested that Olicia's supplied something secondhand. Far from it.

However, I fully expected them the be current spec, ie, nice shiny wheels.

Incidentally, I see they have changed their ad to state/ show that the Class 47s have the old brown wheels.

Dave

Well that didn't last long back to going off topic again. I'm going to hunt the net and find a model railway bargain to put on here.

Guest royal signals

Hi

have we finally returned to the bargain hunters topic, instead of  all the moaning about Olivia's. whoops I'm moaning, sorry.

Tony

Archived