Heljan Beyer garratt

Hugh Flynn

• 4 weeks later...

In fact, having checked their website, the different variants are about half and half split between March and May due dates. I don't know whether this reflects any internal scheduling in the Heljan factory. Maybe they don't have the capacity to do the paint work for that many variants at once, so they're having to stagger it.

Just spoke to Hattons and the first one (code 266201) LMS fixed bunker is due into them Tomorrow, Thursday 27/2/2014,  and they will ship out starting that day.  Second one due in is ref 266202 The LMS revolving bunker version.

Tony

As good as their word, the first 2 are now showing as in stock on Hatton's website.

• Like 2

Just spoke to Hattons and the first one (code 266201) LMS fixed bunker is due into them Tomorrow, Thursday 27/2/2014,  and they will ship out starting that day.  Second one due in is ref 266202 The LMS revolving bunker version.

Tony

266202 is also fixed bunker.  The revolving bunker versions are all due later.

OMG!

And I have just bought a greenhouse on my credit card.

I can't even remember which garratt variant I ordered, or who I ordered it from, it was so long ago.      :help:

You can only have ordered it from Hattons, as it is a model they have commissioned and will only be sold by them, so that's the good news, however can't prevent them drawing £199 plus p&p from the card, when your order comes in. If you haven't got a Hattons account so you can check your order on-line, I suggest phoning them to identify which one you've ordered, as they appear to be coming out in 2 batches, one from now to early March and some in May. The heavily weathered versions are all in May I believe. The first version is now on their new release section as in stock today 

You can only have ordered it from Hattons, as it is a model they have commissioned and will only be sold by them, so that's the good news, however can't prevent them drawing £199 plus p&p from the card, when your order comes in. If you haven't got a Hattons account so you can check your order on-line, I suggest phoning them to identify which one you've ordered, as they appear to be coming out in 2 batches, one from now to early March and some in May. The heavily weathered versions are all in May I believe. The first version is now on their new release section as in stock today 

Thanks for that. No wonder I couldn't find it; for some reason I had it in my head that it was Rails I ordered it from.

I found the Hattons original order email, 8th Aug 2011, no wonder I had forgotten - I can't remember what happened yesterday. Anyway it was a heavily weathered version, so I will not panic quite so much.

• Like 1

Our variant is in on May :( ah well, it'll be here soon.

I wouldn't worry Tony,by the time May comes we will have seen reviews and will be able to judge whether its any good. 

After all its Heljans first British steam engine and I still have a doubt as to whether they have done a good job on the rotating bunker from when I saw it at Warley.

If the reviews are good then I will take delivery in May, if not I will probably cancel

• RMweb Premium

Be interesting to see the first reviews, this has been an eagerly awaited release. In a way I am glad mine will not be here until may, at least any pitfalls will be out in the open by then. However all that said I will not cancel my pre order this is a true icon of our railways.

• Like 2