Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition 4th 5th February 2012

ELTEL

Or schedule a UK trip round an exhibition date, as I'm hoping to do shortly. I won't mention the show to avoid giving the organiser nightmares!

Perhaps a bunch of us could time it right and have a Coach Tour! OK maybe not.............hire a private Pullman Coach and a Class 20. Something.

Best, Pete.

Lankyphil and i have just got back from Stafford. Snow problems with the weather for us!

Both really impressed with the quality of the layouts, especially Alloa and Dagnells End.

Struggling to work out whether we got in as 1 Adult and 1 Child, or 1 Adult and 1 OAP....

Stuart

• RMweb Gold

Well done to warren lane for getting 3rd place for best visiting layout too, cant remember who was 2nd possibly airethy park?

Quite enjoyed it this afternoon, came away with a new iwata airbrush and some ten commandments scrap loads for my megaboxes, also lots of ideas running round my head now as to what to do with my bare baseboards, the terminus station photo'd on the previous page (sorry the name escapes me, mid something) is something like what i'd like to achieve, although admittedly i was a bit perplexed by the regional variety of modern units on there (with a hymek and green 33 thrown in to boot!)

• RMweb Premium

Well done to warren lane for getting 3rd place for best visiting layout too, cant remember who was 2nd possibly airethy park?

I can confirm the following results for BVL:

3rd: Warren Lane

2nd: Albion Quarry

1st Alloa

Tough choice this year.....

Another enjoyable session at the show this morning. I'd particularly like to thank the Airthrey Park crew for their time this morning before opening in enabling me to get some snaps; it's a superb layout and deserving of its placing in the awards. With that and Alloa the Scottish contingent have spoiled us Midlanders this year with their quality. May you all have safe journeys home.

AP3.jpg

Thank you too to Paul (no such word as can't) Lunn and Ann this morning for an enjoyable hour chewing over the finer points and creative expansion of Chillington Wharf.

• RMweb Gold

Landrover Web :O

post-1364-0-21581700-1328471989.jpg

With thanks to St Giles I think............

Rest of the un-edited and still un-processed 140 photographs available on my Flicker photostream (see signature).

• RMweb Premium

Blackmill crew home and safe. Thanks to Terry and the Stafford members for their camaraderie over the weekend. As always, George and his carers were good company.

I hope that the weather hasn't impacted too much on the show and that it resists a move to warmer times.

Cheers,

Mick

Back home in snowy Towcester after helping George unload Georgemas Junction.

Great show at Stafford as usual ( well done Terry). Had a good weekend with George and Simon

Good to see some of the usual faces both exhibitors and Trade.

Great fun and frollocks as usual with the Blackmil crew, snowball fight on Saturday was a bit of a laugh. ( grown men acting like kids!!!)

See you all soon, most of you at Glasgow where i will be "appearing" with Dave Tailby and Saxlingham :declare:

• RMweb Premium

Great fun and frollocks as usual with the Blackmil crew, snowball fight on Saturday was a bit of a laugh. ( grown men acting like kids!!!)

The dent in the side of the van has been reported to the hire company................. :nono:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

feet up watching MOTD with a beer or two!

And so you should. You've earned it - until next year..............

I consider myself lucky that I'm invited - along with fellow modellers - to exhibit at the likes of Stafford and other shows. All down to the (unseen/unsung/unpaid) hard work of the exhibition team such as yourself and many others.

Not only do we enjoy the exhibiting side, but also the camaraderie and comradeship in the evenings during the show.

See me at Derby for details of the next layout!

Cheers,

Mick

Stafford 2012 will be one of those Shows that we will be talking about for a long time.

We had a great time, enjoyed every minute.......even the snow!

We did the 160 miles home in 4 hours including stopping at Corley to sort out a puncture.

A big Thank You to Terry and all his Team for making it a great weekend.

Alan and Maggie

Archived