The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

I was once in a building where there were notices beside the fire alarms saying 'Fire alarms in this area not working today due to maintenance'. Someone had put another notice by one alarm saying "In case of fire, break glass and shout 'Fire!'".

• RMweb Premium

I went to a boarding school. At the time I was there the food wasn't very good and several pupils reacted quite openly. One day the school authorities put up a notice on the dining room's door, "Do not makes faces and say the food is disgusting"

When a company I worked for moved to new premises, in Great Yarmouth, they removed all the old signs from the interior of the building -which had been a Jobcentre. I kept one and it is now displayed on my shed door. It reads ' No dogs, except guide dogs and NO CHIPS'.

• RMweb Premium

The up platform at Havant has a nicely repainted door with the sign applied thereon 'Accessible Toilet' alongside which is a whacking great padlock keeping it very firmly shut!!!

• RMweb Premium

Visiting my supermarket yesterday, they have moved the chilled chicken to another fridge back to back with the usual one, to make way for hams.

The sign says 'Chicken moved to other side'. I wonder how they got the chickens to do this?

Kevin Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I saw this in a Borders store this summer (Borders was large book store chain which had gone bust) during their clear out sale.

"No customer washrooms. Try Amazon.com"

Sign was reprinted in a recent Consumers' Reports.