The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing Victoria or Waterloo, by the partial script showing "Re", which may be Reading, and "So" which may be South West Trains.

Don't you mean Clapham or Waterloo? (Could even be Richmond) - there are neither SWT services nor trains to Reading from Victoria!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a piece of foam packing from a recent purchase (I can't actually remember what it was):

post-1771-0-84001900-1446617434.jpg

Add another use to the list - kneeling pad, which is what we're using it for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Stolen from elsewhere.

Spotted in a medical centre men's room.

We sort of know what they mean, but!

I once saw a sign that said "Don't put anything down this toilet unless you have eaten it"

Keith

Earlier this year when new speed limit signs were being put up on the A484, a number of empty posts appeared along the road between Cardigan and Carmarthen. A phantom signwriter started making use of them, with a variety of hand painted signs. A while after the council, I assume, removed them, another would appear. I don't usually have a camera with me when I walk down the road, so only managed to record a couple just outside my village. The posts are still there, but the signwriter must be in hiding, or got caught!

post-7091-0-14169500-1449184162.jpg

post-7091-0-37050400-1449184186.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

On BBC text just now:

"Disruption on Virgin trains East Coast between Leeds and Aberdeen & Kings Cross and Aberdeen due to closure of the Forth Road Bridge."

No wonder the bridge is falling to bits if IC125s have been using it!

Keith

Earlier this year when new speed limit signs were being put up on the A484, a number of empty posts appeared along the road between Cardigan and Carmarthen. A phantom signwriter started making use of them, with a variety of hand painted signs. A while after the council, I assume, removed them, another would appear. I don't usually have a camera with me when I walk down the road, so only managed to record a couple just outside my village. The posts are still there, but the signwriter must be in hiding, or got caught!

post-7286-0-08409800-1449246857.jpg  Well, that one gave the doggie a laugh, all right!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

On BBC text just now:

"Disruption on Virgin trains East Coast between Leeds and Aberdeen & Kings Cross and Aberdeen due to closure of the Forth Road Bridge."

Keith

Due to the closure of the road bridge they are adding extra coaches to some trains and are planning extra trains. Unfortunately I don't think we will see locomotive hauled passenger trains with carflats tagged on the end.

On BBC text just now:

Keith

No 125s have crossed the bridge - however a station has! One of the stations on the Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway was transported from its original location to the B&KR on the back of a lorry across the bridge. As there was a speed restriction on the rail bridge at the time, it became the only railway station to have overtaken a train!

• Like 2