Hornby Class 67

TomE

Good that its here, but rather annoyed Hornby have just dispatched. I was told when I ordered I would get a 'item to be dispatched soon' notification, at which point I could cancel and re-order using my club discount.... a phonecall to Hornby first thing monday me thinks.

• RMweb Gold

Good that its here, but rather annoyed Hornby have just dispatched. I was told when I ordered I would get a 'item to be dispatched soon' notification, at which point I could cancel and re-order using my club discount.... a phonecall to Hornby first thing monday me thinks.

Appreciate what you are saying.I think you might have fallen victim to the transfer of warehousing facilities now underway apparently.

Don't suppose anyone has a spare room do they? She's bound to kick me out now, surely? Two Royal 67's....was it really worth it?

You Bet !!!

Presume you are renumbering one. What is your source of namplates and transfers?

I'm tempted to renumber mine as 67005 as it carried this name on TPO duties as well as its royal days.

Also I'll be interested to see if the locos are in EWS or DBS condition - 'no difference' you say - 'ah I say, look at the 'By Royal Appointment' plate...!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brianews/5901423395/in/photolist-f7XMEH-f8euej-g2uS9j-8znQ2C-4WGcf7-bUZ2XX-oyWtee-9Rxzij-9Zukze-9ZukDF-9ZuktP-bkXwKU-buKzjm-oxE5qn-dYfQww-ibz2qZ-dYfQx9-h7Rcku-fneUeg-oxDsx3/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brianews/5811522936/in/photolist-f7XMEH-f8euej-g2uS9j-8znQ2C-4WGcf7-bUZ2XX-oyWtee-9Rxzij-9Zukze-9ZukDF-9ZuktP-bkXwKU-buKzjm-oxE5qn-dYfQww-ibz2qZ-dYfQx9-h7Rcku-fneUeg-oxDsx3

Thank goodness DBS have only done that, left the beasties plates, and not shoved DBS stickers everywhere (maybe it was not deemed seemly to have the official locomotives of the british royal family with an overseas opperator's markings all over them....!)

Final point. Hornby website pic has changed. The plates on the bodyside are now missing. I hope this means they are being supplied as etches (not printed) rather than having been missed off completely. If the latter, my previous point about EWS vs DBS is irrelevent.

Hi,

I will be using Shawplan plates and yes, renumbering one of them as 006.

I regularly work with these two and they are perfect for my project, however, suspect that 006 will no doubt appear in the standard catalogue range next year !

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

I am no monarchist,in fact ,far from it but some might consider what you have posted above to be deeply offensive and contrary to the spirit if not the rules of this forum.

Offensive in what way? There is no prohibition on being anti-monarchist, and it is a matter of historical record that the royal family have German ancestry.

Personally, I find it offensive that we are expected to bestow automatic respect on a vastly rich and privileged family who epitomise the inequality of this country. Why do you think they should be above criticism and ridicule?

Offensive in what way? There is no prohibition on being anti-monarchist, and it is a matter of historical record that the royal family have German ancestry.

Personally, I find it offensive that we are expected to bestow automatic respect on a vastly rich and privileged family who epitomise the inequality of this country. Why do you think they should be above criticism and ridicule?

I certainly found your comments offensive too and following a report by another party it has been removed.

Please behave with a little more respect here.

Hi,

I will be using Shawplan plates and yes, renumbering one of them as 006.

I regularly work with these two and they are perfect for my project, however, suspect that 006 will no doubt appear in the standard catalogue range next year !

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

Yes part of me is tempted to wait before renumbering to see what Hornby have planned for 2015. I wouldn't be at all surprised if 67005 has been manufactured in this years batch and is being 'held off' for release early next year....

How are you planning on changing the cab front numbers (removal method and what transfers for reapplication?)

I certainly found your comments offensive too and following a report by another party it has been removed.

Please behave with a little more respect here.

Your prerogative - but I would actually appreciate it if you could tell me what makes them so offensive.

Your prerogative - but I would actually appreciate it if you could tell me what makes them so offensive.

Yes it is and when you refer to the Queen as an 'old bat' I will take issue with you. As others feel similarly you must recognise that you have offended people and it would be appropriate to offer an apology.

Yes it is and when you refer to the Queen as an 'old bat' I will take issue with you. As others feel similarly you must recognise that you have offended people and it would be appropriate to offer an apology.

It certainly wasn't my intention to offend anyone on here and if anyone felt offended then I apologise for that. However, I'm afraid I cannot truthfully apologise for my dislike of the royal family or for expressing that in the way in which I did - I firmly believe that respect has to be earned, and the royal family, in my view, have done nothing to earn it - they live their lives of privilege, with vast inherited wealth, surrounded by fawning followers, while other citizens of this country are reduced to using food banks.The royal family are emblematic of this inequality. I believe in social justice and I cannot and will not apologise for that.

• RMweb Gold

It certainly wasn't my intention to offend anyone on here and if anyone felt offended then I apologise for that. However, I'm afraid I cannot truthfully apologise for my dislike of the royal family or for expressing that in the way in which I did - I firmly believe that respect has to be earned, and the royal family, in my view, have done nothing to earn it - they live their lives of privilege, with vast inherited wealth, surrounded by fawning followers, while other citizens of this country are reduced to using food banks.The royal family are emblematic of this inequality. I believe in social justice and I cannot and will not apologise for that.

This is not a political forum.There are other,more appropriate places to air your views.Certainly not here.Certainly not accompanied by the use of intemperate and insulting words.You attempt a half hearted apology but inherent in that is the assumption that you'll perhaps continue in the same way.

Please not here. I think we would be obliged if you would just let the matter drop and continue discussion over a long awaited release of Class 67

Warning issued - Breach of forum rules - Politics. All further posts will be held for admin approval before publication. This will inevitably mean delays and any content in breach of forum rules will be deleted.

Warning issued - Breach of forum rules - Politics. All further posts will be held for admin approval before publication. This will inevitably mean delays and any content in breach of forum rules will be deleted.

I don't think it's unreasonable to explain my point - given that I had been challenged about it (I wouldn't have done so otherwise) - and I had no intention of posting anything further on the subject. It's disappointing that you take such a heavy-handed approach to moderating, and to be honest I don't want to be a member of a forum which treats people like this. Please delete my account.

Back to the topic at hand.... The side of the 67 sure does look nice. 

However, am I alone in the desire to sless side on orthographic views and my views with a little perspective and a of cab detail and the roof?

I'll have to have a word next time i'm there for a meeting. 

There are the occasional pictures of locos and stock in a model setting, but the actual product pages really could benefit from a few more angles to show of the model...

Anyway, order placed. 

Yes part of me is tempted to wait before renumbering to see what Hornby have planned for 2015. I wouldn't be at all surprised if 67005 has been manufactured in this years batch and is being 'held off' for release early next year....

How are you planning on changing the cab front numbers (removal method and what transfers for reapplication?)

Hi,

Sorry for delayed reply.....just avoiding some issues back there !

I've not put much thought into the renumbering - my twisted logic was just to get the Loco's both ordered and on site and then look at this a bit later. 

I found some Shawplan plates for both Loco's ( 67005 & 6 ) in my spares box but these may not be ideal, so will need to confirm suitability because they may be an earlier design for the Limby royal version !

So, who's gonna be first to the post with a piccy or two then ???????

I'm betting it will be Mr............

All The Best,

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

Back to the topic at hand.... The side of the 67 sure does look nice. 

However, am I alone in the desire to sless side on orthographic views and my views with a little perspective and a of cab detail and the roof?

I'll have to have a word next time i'm there for a meeting. 

There are the occasional pictures of locos and stock in a model setting, but the actual product pages really could benefit from a few more angles to show of the model...

Anyway, order placed. 

More pictures from different angles will always be welcome.  They can also help clear up issues such as front end livery details, as recently seen with the 2-HAL (small yellow panel vs. no syp).  I suppose the trouble is that these side view pictures are, I believe, photoshopped ones before the real thing is available.  Having said that, Bachmann seem to do OK and I think they get an existing model hand painted.  Heljan produce a side and front view, but not of the real thing.

Who received one today, I cannot wait to see photos as I am tempted to sell on my EWS 67001 to buy this instead. But the Hornby site photo isn't detailed, looks as if the central nameplates/royal crescent is missing?

I would imagine 67006 would run with Network Rail test trains, but did it ever run with the Wrexham & Shropshire?

Archived