Hornby Class 67

TomE

• RMweb Premium

Why pay that ridiculous amount of money, unless you are a serious collector.

Just buy a normal Hornby 67 and get someone to do a respray for less than half the price.....

If you can get the transfers................. :nono: apparently.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

I rang Hornby last Monday to chase mine, as I too was sent a letter saying delivery was delayed until December...Lady on the phone just said it was on their system for dispatch but could not give me a date.  There was also no contact number for the Collectors club on the paperwork, so had to ring the Margate number and was given the premium rate number for the club!!! 

I'm pretty unimpressed so far as I joined the Collectors Club purely to buy this model...hope it is worth the wait.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

I rang Hornby last Monday to chase mine, as I too was sent a letter saying delivery was delayed until December...Lady on the phone just said it was on their system for dispatch but could not give me a date.  There was also no contact number for the Collectors club on the paperwork, so had to ring the Margate number and was given the premium rate number for the club!!! 

I'm pretty unimpressed so far as I joined the Collectors Club purely to buy this model...hope it is worth the wait.

Rich

My 67026 has finally arrived.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a DBS 67 for a pretty good price. Initially the well reported issues with finish saw me shy away esp as no model shops in this part of world to inspect before buying. But at this price took the gamble. Have to say I'm impressed. There are no issues apparent on finish with paint as good as any Bach or Hornby diesel I've bought. Whilst can relate to some of reviewer comments about details on buffer beam, some of the detail is truly exquisite - the tdm cables are leagues ahead of Bach 47/7 or indeed vitrains slightly finer representation or even Heljan's. Just seems a shame that no further ews versions on the cards for this year. Overall this loco has a wow factor I was not expecting.

Matt

Just picked up a DBS 67 for a pretty good price. Initially the well reported issues with finish saw me shy away esp as no model shops in this part of world to inspect before buying. But at this price took the gamble. Have to say I'm impressed. There are no issues apparent on finish with paint as good as any Bach or Hornby diesel I've bought. Whilst can relate to some of reviewer comments about details on buffer beam, some of the detail is truly exquisite - the tdm cables are leagues ahead of Bach 47/7 or indeed vitrains slightly finer representation or even Heljan's. Just seems a shame that no further ews versions on the cards for this year. Overall this loco has a wow factor I was not expecting.

Matt

Did you manage to get one of the ones Hornby were selling off Matt?

Yes I think I got last but one on their ebay site. Described as damaged box but on arrival found box closer to perfect than many other items I've bought. Is this simply Hornby shifting slow selling stock through multiple channels? Very quick dispatch too.

• RMweb Premium

Yes I think I got last but one on their ebay site. Described as damaged box but on arrival found box closer to perfect than many other items I've bought. Is this simply Hornby shifting slow selling stock through multiple channels? Very quick dispatch too.

I got the last one! Ordered 2100 Weds night and arrived 300 miles further north on Friday morning. Superb service.

Likewise with the tiny scuffs on the box. There is a suggestion that these "damaged packaging" items are ex-Modelzone shop stock.

As I already have a red 67, this one is due for the paint stripper and silver paint to re-emerge as 67026.

Cheers,

Mick

I got the last one! Ordered 2100 Weds night and arrived 300 miles further north on Friday morning. Superb service.

Likewise with the tiny scuffs on the box. There is a suggestion that these "damaged packaging" items are ex-Modelzone shop stock.

As I already have a red 67, this one is due for the paint stripper and silver paint to re-emerge as 67026.

Cheers,

Mick

I was going to get one, then I noticed that they would only send to the registered Paypal address, so no good - couriers can never find my front door (it's well hidden), and then usually lie and claim they have tried to deliver it but there was nobody in, so I get everything sent to my work address. Seemed a fairly unreasonable stipulation (and I've never encountered it before on ebay), but if that's their policy then I won't be buying anything from their ebay shop.

• RMweb Premium

I was going to get one, then I noticed that they would only send to the registered Paypal address, so no good - couriers can never find my front door (it's well hidden), and then usually lie and claim they have tried to deliver it but there was nobody in, so I get everything sent to my work address. Seemed a fairly unreasonable stipulation (and I've never encountered it before on ebay), but if that's their policy then I won't be buying anything from their ebay shop.

Easily sorted - go to your paypal account and add your work address as a registered address. I always get larger items delivered to my wife's work, as that's registered on my paypal account. Simples!

Cheers,

Mick

p,s, Freightliner shop is the same and will only deliver to paypal UK addresses (or at least that was the case when 70001 was released)

Easily sorted - go to your paypal account and add your work address as a registered address. I always get larger items delivered to my wife's work, as that's registered on my paypal account. Simples!

Cheers,

Mick

p,s, Freightliner shop is the same and will only deliver to paypal UK addresses (or at least that was the case when 70001 was released)

I have done, but the wording (can't remember exactly what it said) implied that the main address was the only one which would be accepted.

I can't believe the ebay prices for the QDJ Class 67, it was £90 from the collectors club !!! it was worth joining that just for the discount on that model alone (and I got the lovely purple QE60 060 which is a bit more interesting than the usual 060. 

Surely if you have £400 firepower and want one that badly, you'd have got one the first time round ? what kind of idiot pays that kind of money ? Still, as someone who uses ebay to pass on stuff as my interests change, I never cease to be amazed at what people are willing to pay. Anything Yellow and with a Network Rail badge seems to send people insane !

I particularly love the idiots buying FGW Mk3s at 40/50/60+ when Hornby have them at £30 on their website ;-)

I've now 3 Class 67s (DBS, EWS and QDJ and think they are awesome models, flawless examples in my case), looking forward to Royal Sovereign this year (or next...)

• RMweb Premium

Now that transfers and nameplates are available, those that want them will get them repainted (or do them themselves! :sungum: )

Cheers,

Mick

Hi All,

ref : R3272 Hornby Royal Class 67

Just like to pick your brains please as the Hornby Royal 67 has been mentioned........

I've not bought from Hornby direct previously but like everybody else, am forced to with this model, so :

Do I have to do anything such as register or join the collectors club, or can I just buy online when the model is released by filling in the usual boxes ?

Many Thanks,

Shed.

p.s...I am aware of the 'questions' area on RMWeb but thought this was a more appropriate place........apologies in advance if wrong.

AFAIK you don't have to be in the Collectors Club or register although it may be wise to sign up to any updates regarding this particular model so that you can make any purchase arrangements idc.

Indeed. It's likely to be another one which will start going for silly prices on ebay once it's sold out in the shops.

• 5 months later...

Apologies if this has been asked before (I have searched but cant find it).  Is the Arriva Blue different on 67002 and 67003? Looking at the photos going about of the forth coming Hornby 67003 the blue looks darker than the already released 67002. Just wanted to check before I took the plunge and purchased one.

It's just an edited image that Hornby use on their website. If you you go by the images on the website then 67002 is far too light and 67003 is a tad dark, but the 67002 model is relatively accurate. I think you have nothing to worry about mate. They will probably use the same shade as 67002 itself.

Cheers.

JB.

• 4 weeks later...

I do not know has this been reported, but incase not I hope you all find useful. The upcoming Hornby R3272 Class 67006 Royal Sovereign Hornby Direct Exclusive is a limited run of 1000 models.

There must be something wrong with me, I was not that interested in the model, until Hornby confirmed it is a limited edition, now I want!?

Archived