Hornby Class 67

TomE

Forgot about Hornby doing a 67006

*prepares to check eBay, sigh and regret not ordering one all over again*

Edit: some left!

Now I'm thinking not to bother about ordering 66111 and to just have 66050

• RMweb Premium

Who received one today, I cannot wait to see photos as I am tempted to sell on my EWS 67001 to buy this instead. But the Hornby site photo isn't detailed, looks as if the central nameplates/royal crescent is missing?

I would imagine 67006 would run with Network Rail test trains, but did it ever run with the Wrexham & Shropshire?

https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=67006 is a good place to start for pics of 67006 in action.

My favourites are:

67006 plus 1 VGA van

67006 plus silver 67026 on JNA Falcons (plus MLA/IEA)

Hauled by a Princess

And One hopes that it is cleaned before hauling One's train

Cheers,

Mick

I have given in and ordered one as they often make visits to my area and can be seen stabled as the Thunderbird/sleeper loco at Waverly. They also occasionally have a turn on the Fife Circle service's does anyone know which varient of mk2 is used on these as I might consider repainting a rake if and when the right type is available.

I did see a picture of that recently and thought to myself why are they using such a 'prestigious' loco on one of it's sandite turns? I hope there's a tin or two of Polish waiting in Toytown! As for using one of the ATW spares too. Equally interesting though is that the Royal Pair still retain their EWS Cast Cabside Beasties - Yet to receive the DB badges.

My R3272 just arrived by courier this morning. Here are a few quick snaps to wet your appetites. If you want one its ebay I'm afraid as Hornby website now shows out of stock. Lots of extra detail to apply including the etched centre plates. 

post-24562-0-29766700-1415619648_thumb.jpg

post-24562-0-39137400-1415619679_thumb.jpg

post-24562-0-34996500-1415619703_thumb.jpg

post-24562-0-28340100-1415619762_thumb.jpg

Wow. Impressive model. Some close ups would be nice.

I await mine with a tad of trepidation as to build quality (esp now they seem to be out of stock).... But if it is as good as these pics show, Hornby's second EWS 67 will be a winner, unlike the pokemon, spelling, and build quality issues of the first. Arguably the longest operational timespan of any new Hornby 67 to date....

Nice to see the centre plates are supplied as etches only. Either it shows Hornby are listening to criticisms of printing plates on the ribbed sides, or they pragmatically decided it wasn't worth the cost of tampo pads to print the complex plates in addition to etched ones demanded by the customer!

Does it also come with etched name, number and Beastie plates as well?

The words Hornby, corner, turning, and fast, might start to be apt.... although i will hold my tongue for just a moment.

Thanks. That pic of the plates confirms the supplied parts equip it to DBS livery. So slightly invalidates my previous post, but such a minor and technically optional detail...

Nothing that a set of Shawplan (or other?) plates won't fix if one chooses, and certainly if I renumber. Roll on 2015 announcements.

Be interesting to see how the colour compares to Bachmann's interpretation.

8 Jim although once again there mentioning a DCC sound fitted option in the instructions is this on the cards for next year Mr Hornby. Just about to stick all the shiny bits on photos later gentlemen

• RMweb Premium

Cool, i bought a couple of Hornby 8 pin decoders last week to use in my voyager end cars but one can find its way into 67018 and the other into 67005 later this evening

67005 - have you renumbered it already?

I now seem to have 7 of the blighters - all different liveries! I've only got 3 with sound though and the last one has a resin speaker enclosure (from Charlie/Bif) that is a perfect fit in the fuel tank with a 20x40 speaker.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

I took a guess at the number as im still waiting for mine!

Assuming its due to be delivered by uk mail ive been getting emails saying "your parcel has been dispatched" then "it will be delivered between 17:18 and 18:18", guess what its now 19:35 and its no where to be seen!!

Im not expecting anything else at the moment so i recon it should be the 67, was anyone elses delivered by uk mail?

• RMweb Premium

I took a guess at the number as im still waiting for mine!

Assuming its due to be delivered by uk mail ive been getting emails saying "your parcel has been dispatched" then "it will be delivered between 17:18 and 18:18", guess what its now 19:35 and its no where to be seen!!

Im not expecting anything else at the moment so i recon it should be the 67, was anyone elses delivered by uk mail?

Yes. I didn't get any email from Hornby about it being despatched, but a text and email from UKMail this morning with intended delivery.(As it went to wife's work address, I think they delivered within the quoted times)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Jim,

Hornby do use UK Mail - think it is their courier of choice at the moment.

Despite having received an e:mail from Hornby on Friday that my cl.67 was on its way, it was only this afternoon that I received an e:mail from UK Mail that my package will be delivered tomorrow.

Not sure where the UK Mail hub is but I think that my Cl.67 is taking a long way to get here bearing in mind that Hornby's distribution warehouse is only about 20 miles from where I live!!

Keith  

hmmm, apparently "delivery was attempted at 18:00" yesterday, no knock on the door, no doorbell and no "we called" card left

puts me in mind of this from Viz

http://fumaga.com/6557

Bizarrely, even in 2014, delivery still seems to be something of a hit-and-miss affair! 

Having said that, I used Interlink for the first time the other day and they give you a one hour delivery window and you can track the driver on Google maps as he does his deliveries.  While some may not approve of this level of employee tracking, it can be a real pain if you miss a parcel.  I have to time my deliveries for a specific day off, otherwise I might not be able to be in for it for another week or more.  Practicality rather than impatience.

Archived