Hornby Class 67

TomE

This would have been a model that would have sold well. It should have been a standard release IMO. The number of people that wanted one is quite high. It looks marvelous and seems like all those defects from that first batch are now gone.

I agree, it would have sold well, and it looks much better than the Arriva release that has just popped up on the shelves which looks so drab in comparison...

I agree, it would have sold well, and it looks much better than the Arriva release that has just popped up on the shelves which looks so drab in comparison...

Nice to see that quite a few people agree to my post. Thank you :)

A few members on the Hornby forum feel it won't sell well as they think that a majority model according to eras which is false if you look at it from a global perspective, but it's there opinion so I can't argue.

Hornby will never think before a release :P That Arriva livery seems to be drab. I like the colour but why no logos or anything of that sort? Arriva Class 57s look nice with them. Furthermore Hornby never released matching coaches and a DVT. In my wildest dreams I can assume that the Mk3s are re-tooled, but that is in my wildest dreams.

This particular DB Schenker loco will not only catch the eyes of modellers of this era but also collectors and others who model trains from various eras. The livery was so rare and special a lot would go for it. It's looks speak for it.

After the Class 67's troublesome past I think this release has changed that - whilst it's not set a standard like the Class 60 it is better than something.

• RMweb Premium

I guess it will have to be an ebay within reason for me as it had sold out on pre-order when I spoke to Hornby...

Will this end reasonably?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R3216-Hornby-Railways-Class-67-Locomotive-67026-Diamond-Jubilee-/131019802352?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item1e816386f0

Somehow I doubt it.

Cheers,

Mick

I guess it will have to be an ebay within reason for me as it had sold out on pre-order when I spoke to Hornby...

I somehow have a feeling that the model on ebay may have a side effect i.e. some small issue to have appeared so fast. Surely it may be perfectly fine also and it's just a case of "the buyer not being happy". But I am still shocked at how quickly one turned up.

• RMweb Premium

Putting it up for sale so quickly would suggest it was always being bought to resell for a profit. Nothing to stop you doing so, but not exactly fair on those who want one to keep and operate and miss out. It would be nice to think that Hornby would have a record of who bought it - the certificate number 213 is shown clearly - and not accept future orders for limited editions from them.

• RMweb Gold

I somehow have a feeling that the model on ebay may have a side effect i.e. some small issue to have appeared so fast. Surely it may be perfectly fine also and it's just a case of "the buyer not being happy". But I am still shocked at how quickly one turned up.

Not when you reflect that the NRM 'Prince William' went in the same direction as quickly,only a couple of months ago.This is par for the course,I'm afraid....and it will always be with us.

So Hornby's 14 day delivery promise is now up an guess what....... no 67.  

I have however received a letter from them this morning stating that all stock will be ready by the end of October and if I was still interested to let them have my payment details. This despite the fact that the money left my account 14 days ago!!!!!!

They really do not know what they are doing!!!!!!

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know how many were made, 500 / 1000 ?

500 according to end of the box in the pictures above

personally i think it looks a bit drab, i very nearly joined the collectors club to get one but thought better of it in the end, not that impressed with the printing on the flag either, i know the 67 is ribbed but it looks like it needs touching up in places as the printing looks very thin

500 according to end of the box in the pictures above

personally i think it looks a bit drab, i very nearly joined the collectors club to get one but thought better of it in the end, not that impressed with the printing on the flag either, i know the 67 is ribbed but it looks like it needs touching up in places as the printing looks very thin

Now you mention it, I have to agree on closer inspection. I was considering joining the club myself but thought better of it. Maybe I can get someone to do a respray for me. 

• RMweb Gold

Now you mention it, I have to agree on closer inspection. I was considering joining the club myself but thought better of it. Maybe I can get someone to do a respray for me.

. But the 67 is not eye-candy in any case....other than the WSL/Chiltern liveries. For a really boring livery look no further than the ATW versions.....awaiting suitable WAG-approved logos,perhaps.The rest of the train has received an upgrade,to include DVT,in order to avoid excessive cross-border contamination & include stops at Ruabon , Wrexham etc.....a political statement,this train. A suitably decorated 67 would complete an attractive train. Come on ATW,how about it?

Having seen the new Collector's Club model on display at DEMU a few months ago,I considered it rather a fine model,actually....but Mr.K say nay.......can't have....not in Club....all sold out,anyway.....oh,the feeling of rejection....etc. etc.

• RMweb Premium

So Hornby's 14 day delivery promise is now up an guess what....... no 67.  

I have however received a letter from them this morning stating that all stock will be ready by the end of October and if I was still interested to let them have my payment details. This despite the fact that the money left my account 14 days ago!!!!!!

They really do not know what they are doing!!!!!!

Me too. When I phoned and paid after receiving my letter I was told "my" model was in stock and would be sent shortly. I received another letter last Friday with a new deadline, so phoned again this morning to see what was up. I was told that the letters had been issued again to notify the correct phone number, but was also told that my model would be dispatched at the end of this month, so my model was not in the first batch as I was told previously. Not good customer service at all.

Archived