Hornby Class 67

TomE

• RMweb Gold

My Royal 67 arrived a 6:20pm this evening having left Canterbury at 4;03pm yesterday and being taken to Sittingbourne (local UK Mail centre in Kent/Medway) being heading off to the UK Mail Sorting Hub in Birmingham which after being sorted was returned to Sittingbourne overnight.....and finally delivered to Folkestone this evening. Could have received the package earlier but Folkestone is the last port of call for the courier who always turns up between 5:00pm and 6:30pm. The regular courier is a decent guy and can always rely on him to deliver.

Have had the loco out on the analogue test track and pleased to advise that all looks good so hope to fit a decoder later this evening. Have managed some quick pics together with the Bachmann Cl.47 and Sleeping Car:

post-586-0-82262200-1415739936.jpg

post-586-0-02041900-1415739955.jpg

post-586-0-02333100-1415739989.jpg

post-586-0-90208900-1415740010.jpg

Unfortunately the overhead lighting in the railway room is not that great for taking pictures with the result that the 67 looks a bit lighter than it actually is.

Earlier this year did not that much interest in the Royal Train rolling stock but now could kick myself for not getting some of the Hornby Royal Train coaches that were on sale on the Hornby website a few months ago......

Keith

I think I must have been lucky with UKmail as I got the email it would be delivered on Monday which is exactly what happened.

Thanks for posting those photos Keith, looks like it matches the 47 nicely.

Martin

Hey All,

I saw that the Class Royal 67 in-stock today, I caved in and ask mum to order it whilst I paid her in cash as I don't have a credit or debit card. I've asked for it to be delivered to the UK rather than Dubai/India as I couldn't afford the extra postal charge. I should have it in December or Feb. 

Pretty excited about it....

Will post pics as soon as I get it.

I KNOW WHAT IMPATIENCE IS NOW :P

Hi All, Good Afternoon,

Just like to share my experience for others in case it crops up - this is NOT intended as a complaint or kick Hornby post though...

For the 'Perfectionist'

The second of my two 'Royals' has been unpacked here and is a little.........bent !

If you follow the join line between the body and the metal chassis along underneath each nameplate, there is a variable gap of up to 1mm, but only in these areas and under the cab doors. I'm not sure if the body is bent or the chassis. I'll be driving the real one later and so will have a look to see if this is prototypical, but sadly, I suspect not. Anybody else have this curious feature ?

This is not something I would 'fail' the model for and send back, but I wonder if others have any worse issues that havent been mentioned ?

For the 'easily annoyed'

This second model arrived perfectly well packaged and with no visible signs of trauma to any of the packaging, however, when I lifted the Loco. up and out of it's plastic tray, two wheelsets and a bogie frame remained firmly in the bottom and not attached to the Loco. !

Not being familiar with these models, I thought here we go, there had to be something, but as it turns out, the wheels just slot back in with the wipers tucked behind them and the bogie frame literally just clips on with four little tiny lugs, not a problem at all to remedy.

Again, anybody else had anything noteworthy with theirs ?

Other than these bits, what a cracking fantastic model and well worth the wait.

I'm very much looking forward to setting these up for some southern VSOE work down here...

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

Olivias Trains...!

A bit ridiculous don't you think? or am I missing something here?

£240 – Analogue.
£268 – Decoder Fitted.

£340 – Olivia’s FREE Sound Fitted.

http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/model-trains/Hornby-diesel-electrics/class-67-locomotives/Hornby-r3272-class-67-006-royal-sovereign-in-royal-train-claret-livery/

Can anyone explain why? :O

___________________________________________________________________________________________

On the other hand Modelfair show an incorrect MRP (much much higher than Hornby's price) and make people who don't know much about the hobby, pricing etc. think they are getting huge discounts. :O

• RMweb Gold

Olivias Trains...!

£240 – Analogue.

£268 – Decoder Fitted.

http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/model-trains/Hornby-diesel-electrics/class-67-locomotives/Hornby-r3272-class-67-006-royal-sovereign-in-royal-train-claret-livery/

___________________________________________________________________________________________

On the other hand Modelfair show an incorrect MRP (much much higher than Hornby's price) and make people who don't know much about the hobby, pricing etc. think they are getting huge discounts. :O

No,you are not missing anything. Take a look at the separate thread for Olivia's Trains and recent exchanges on there....mine included

• RMweb Premium

Olivias Trains...!

£240 – Analogue.

£268 – Decoder Fitted.

Bearing in mind that the R3272 is ONLY available exclusively via the Hornby website, how are Olivias offering it? Unless they've bought a few at the full Hornby list price and then selling on.............

Can't find R3272 on the Modelfair website.

Cheers,

Mick

Bearing in mind that the R3272 is ONLY available exclusively via the Hornby website, how are Olivias offering it? Unless they've bought a few at the full Hornby list price and then selling on.............

Can't find R3272 on the Modelfair website.

Cheers,

Mick

I have noticed olivia's trains usually purchase a number of limited editions, rail express, model zone, railways illustrated, kernow model centre examples have all been on there from time to time. All very stupid prices though.

Archived