Hornby Class 67

TomE

I do not know has this been reported, but incase not I hope you all find useful. The upcoming Hornby R3272 Class 67006 Royal Sovereign Hornby Direct Exclusive is a limited run of 1000 models.

There must be something wrong with me, I was not that interested in the model, until Hornby confirmed it is a limited edition, now I want!?

great... and now way of pre-ordering. So the usual 'free for all'/rush when the model is announced at two days notice.

This said, no reference to limited edition on the website. Are you sure?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 43300

Has anyone else had problems with these cracking up the sides of the yellow panel, just like the Lima ones do? I've got the WSMR one in the new tooling and I thought I'd checked it carefully when it arrived, but on getting it out of its box recently I see that it's cracked up both sides of the panel at one end.

Guest 43300

Hope it's not another case of the dreaded Mazak chassis rot!?!

Yes, quite! I must get round to removing the screws and see whether the body is tight on the chassis.

Has anyone else had problems with these cracking up the sides of the yellow panel, just like the Lima ones do? I've got the WSMR one in the new tooling and I thought I'd checked it carefully when it arrived, but on getting it out of its box recently I see that it's cracked up both sides of the panel at one end.

Old news... see here:

http://www.railexclusive.com/index.php?category=132

• 1 month later...

just had a notification that the royal claret 67 is available for pre-order for delivery the first week of december, £139, ouch!!

(still ordered one though)

I’m a bit puzzled about this....I signed up for e-mail notifications as to this model's release but found out today that it was available for pre-order from a friend who may have seen this very posting.

Has anyone actually received a notification from Hornby??

Then the fun started...... I had hoped to use my £20 discount club voucher that was selected upon renewal specifically to get a few quid off this loco as I knew it would not come cheap.......Computer says "Coupon code "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is not valid.". Too late to call Customer Services tonight, so I thought I would have a go with my 10% Club discount code instead, as I will probably end up getting another to renumber....same again, “Coupon code is not valid”, so a short, sharp e-mail has been sent to Customer Services.

I know everyone has been slagging off Hornby recently and they are going through some fundamental changes, but if their game plan is for more direct selling from their website and new T&C’s for all the local retailers, then they are not doing a particularly good job.

I would be interested to know if any other Collector Club members have similar issues and will post any reply that I get from Hornby in due course.

Cheers

Rich

• RMweb Premium

I’m a bit puzzled about this....I signed up for e-mail notifications as to this model's release but found out today that it was available for pre-order from a friend who may have seen this very posting.

Rich

My email notification contained the lines:

You are receiving this notification because you subscribed to receive alerts when the following products are back in stock:

http://www.Hornby.com/bo-bo-diesel-electric-royal-sovereign-class-67-royal-claret-exclusive-to-the-Hornby-website.html

It didn't suggest that it was actually ready to pre-order until clicking on the link........

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks Mick.....the only recent communication I have received was a promo last night about the arrival of a few new kettles and coaches, plus one at lunchtime today about the N gauge Brighton Belle.  I'm sure Hornby's reply to my e-mail will no doubt explain everything.

Rich

Then the fun started...... I had hoped to use my £20 discount club voucher that was selected upon renewal specifically to get a few quid off this loco as I knew it would not come cheap.......Computer says "Coupon code "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is not valid.". Too late to call Customer Services tonight, so I thought I would have a go with my 10% Club discount code instead, as I will probably end up getting another to renumber....same again, “Coupon code is not valid”, so a short, sharp e-mail has been sent to Customer Services.

I know everyone has been slagging off Hornby recently and they are going through some fundamental changes, but if their game plan is for more direct selling from their website and new T&C’s for all the local retailers, then they are not doing a particularly good job.

I would be interested to know if any other Collector Club members have similar issues and will post any reply that I get from Hornby in due course.

Cheers

Rich

I had he same problem when trying to preorder the Arnold Brighton Belles. I contacted Hornby asking why my codes were invalid only to be bluntly informed that discount codes can not be used on pre-orders. This tether makes a mockery of the Collectors' Club 10% discount if you are unable to use it! The only solution is to wait until the items you want are all available for immediate delivery and hope none have sold out in pre-orders.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I think the record sale amount on eBay for the Jubilee 67 was around £450.  Interesting to see what this one fetches. 

This particular 67 isn't being listed as "limited edition", but only available via the Hornby website, so in theory, there should be more produced and not attract silly ebay money.

Cheers,

Mick

EDIT: It wasn't originally listed as LE, but is now!

Archived