Hornby Class 67

TomE

They seem happy to take our money and let us believe our models will be with us (within 14 days) knowing that there was not enough in the first batch.  I think I may ask for the interest back on my money that I have lost on Hornby have gained as they have had it in the bank since the 4th!

A little dishonest don't you think?

. But the 67 is not eye-candy in any case....other than the WSL/Chiltern liveries. For a really boring livery look no further than the ATW versions.....awaiting suitable WAG-approved logos,perhaps.The rest of the train has received an upgrade,to include DVT,in order to avoid excessive cross-border contamination & include stops at Ruabon , Wrexham etc.....a political statement,this train. A suitably decorated 67 would complete an attractive train. Come on ATW,how about it?

If they'd wanted to put logos on, they would have done it by now (as they have with the DVTs). The policy, and with Chiltern as well, seems now to be not to put branding on them - which does make sense as they are only hired in and the operator whose livery they are in has little control over where they go and what else they get used for. I actually think the plain blue looks fine - can't really see how having tacky corporate locos stuck on the side would be an improvement!

The ATW67 prototypes..3 in all...carry no logo as yet. The 57's have departed to pastures new....also without logos now.

Of the four 57s, the two (13 and 16) in plain blue as still in plain blue. The two which carried full ATW branding (14 and 15) are now in WCRC maroon livery.

Incidentally, did the 67026 model come with etched name plates? Hornby seem hit-and-miss with these, unlike Bachmann who always include them in the box.

• RMweb Gold

They seem happy to take our money and let us believe our models will be with us (within 14 days) knowing that there was not enough in the first batch.  I think I may ask for the interest back on my money that I have lost on Hornby have gained as they have had it in the bank since the 4th!

A little dishonest don't you think?

I do sincerely sympathise with your frustration.....but,maybe to put things in perspective,Locomotion Models (NRM) have this year produced 3 Limited Edition models from Bachmann and in each case it has been credit card upfront in full with order.....up to 6 weeks wait for delivery. I have to say that there have been no problems with delivery in this case......and nobody to the best of my knowledge has objected to this system of ordering. We have been only too delighted to be able to get 'hands-on'.

You obviously have a legitimate cause for concern. Your obvious course of action is an appropriately-worded e-mail,followed by telephone calls to Margate...and then a course of good old-fashioned persistence towards Hornby management at all levels.Do not be deterred by inadequate excuses.I am suggesting that you make a polite nuisance of yourself until you are satisfied.

If they'd wanted to put logos on, they would have done it by now (as they have with the DVTs). The policy, and with Chiltern as well, seems now to be not to put branding on them - which does make sense as they are only hired in and the operator whose livery they are in has little control over where they go and what else they get used for. I actually think the plain blue looks fine - can't really see how having tacky corporate locos stuck on the side would be an improvement!

Agree.... since the locos are just hired that is most probably the reason why logos are not applied to them. The blue looks nice.

• RMweb Premium

£195 with 37 minutes to go......

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Agree.... since the locos are just hired that is most probably the reason why logos are not applied to them. The blue looks nice.

It may be because the decals are being delivered in a plastic bag and no-one is willing to pay the 5p for it!

No surprises really, Hornby are the losers here, they would have probably sold three times the amount they have done...

I wonder how much they were...

>>>> And the next one please....

I don't know how to tell them that..... This was something that would have surely sold three times over.

Somebody must really have wanted it! Would have been cheaper to buy a Wrexham & Shropshire one and get it professionally repainted!

And you could have a lot more with the remainder of the money..... You get a good respray for 50 quid also and a Class 67 for 107 quid

For a really boring livery look no further than the ATW versions.....awaiting suitable WAG-approved logos,perhaps.The rest of the train has received an upgrade,to include DVT,

Well I've bought by ATW 67 and I think it is excellent.  Got it really cheap from Peters Spares.  It's the first time in many years that I've bought a RTR loco as soon as it is available - I must do it more often.  Now all I need are the Mk3s and DVT.  How long will it be before Hornby do them?

OK.....your phrase 'got it really cheap' intrigues me.....The 67 is an excellent model....but cheap?

I paid £30 less than the rrp and no postage.  Where most retailers are only offering a £20 discount at best.  Hence really cheap.

• RMweb Premium

A question for those who have received their Royal Diamond, if I may... do you know what courier company they are being delivered through?  I have a note from Hermes saying that they tried to deliver something, and it was their last attempt, but no clue as to what it might have been, from where it had come, or how I go about retrieving it, so I'm wondering if it is this!

couple more have appeared on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R3216-Hornby-Railways-Class-67-Locomotive-67026-Diamond-Jubilee-/141103691327?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item20da6f763f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R3216-Diamond-Jubilee-class-67-67026-limited-edition-of-500-/171162013839?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item27da0d108f

Are there two slightly different batches? So far as I can see the wording on the front of the box in these two says 'includes 2 etched nameplates', whereas the one previous advertised appeared to say 'includes 2 brass etched nameplates'.

Are there two slightly different batches? So far as I can see the wording on the front of the box in these two says 'includes 2 etched nameplates', whereas the one previous advertised appeared to say 'includes 2 brass etched nameplates'.

I guess that is just a mistake made by the seller in his listing.

This is surely saying exactly the same thing, just providing a tiny bit more detail in the latter case.

I guess that is just a mistake made by the seller in his listing.

No - it's not the seller's details - it's what is actually printed on the front of the box.

Don't know about this model, but the Hornby 67012 plates are steel, not brass, as far as I recall.

Archived