Hornby Class 67

TomE

The rep said it was most likely July for the W&S ones while the EWS and DB Schenker ones would be August. Also to note, it has been deliberatley engineered for the speaker to be in the underfloor bits for ease of installation.

• RMweb Premium

. Also to note, it has been deliberatley engineered for the speaker to be in the underfloor bits for ease of installation.

See post #31

Also confirmed that the EWS livery will be 67001.

So it was off to source a set of transfers for renumbering...... luckily one of the traders at the DEMU showcase had his remaining stock handy (he hasn't been told to stop selling them - yet)

Cheers,

Mick

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

The Class 67 is not my favourite locomotive but I am looking forward to getting the Canadian maple leaf DBS version. I just hope we get good Mk.3 coaches good enough to do the new 67 and Mk.3 DVT justice soon.

• RMweb Premium

Email today from hattons to say expected friday 13th july- shropshire version anyway!

cheers

mark

Let the frothing begin...................................... :jester:

Mick

EDIT - or maybe not - just received an email from a well known Merseyside retailer.

We thought you may like to know that an item you have asked us to notify when it arrives into stock, has had some information about its release date added or updated.

Hornby Model Railways R3040 Class 67 Bo-Bo Diesel in EWS Livery (Running number yet to be advised).

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us on or after Friday 14th September 2012

Whilst we are hopeful this information is accurate, manufacturer lead times are frequently prone to be delayed. This information is to be used as a guide only.

We hope that this email has been useful.

Regards

AFAIIC, we get it when we get it. Won't bother me as I have enough to be going on with already........

Hi,

Just got an email from Hattons that at least the Wrexham & Shropshire version will be delayed again and I quote:

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us on or after Friday 9th November 2012

Looks like Hornby's plan of releasing everything that annouced this year within the year is slowly going out of reach...

Simon

And now an e-mail from Hattons advising me the EWS version is also now delayed until mid September as well now... :umbrage:

Ahh well if nothing else my wallet will be pleased!!! I really dont know how im going to afford everything thats being released over the next 5 months!!!

• RMweb Premium

I have had several item delayed further e-mails from Hattons today, it is starting to look like Hornby's manufacturing flow gremlims are back and once again I predict we are heading for a huge wadge of releases all in the same week as Warley which IMHO does the hobby more harm than good.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi- Lets hope that the fronts dont have that awful moulded on coupling lock pipe thing, looks a bit silly when the rest of the loco appears to be so highly detailed, not to mention the join line in the front skirting as well, no doubt interchangable for tension locks

NL

• RMweb Gold

Is the coupling part of the bogie or the chassis?

looks to be part of the chassis, copied from the rail exclusive blurb.......

"the NEM coupler box and its swinging mechanism integrated into the chassis floor"

Archived