Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Kind of ironic, given that Gosturde was born in Australia....... The question is, did the profiteering tactics originate there, or here?  :jester:

Given Australian retail's 200 year history of gouging the customer, I know which one I favour :).

• RMweb Premium

Looks like what we know today as an EP - engineering prototype - sample. Nice use of a brass screw in the front to hold it together................

Cheers,

Mick

LMS Garratt for only £325.00p at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Definitly-VERY-RARE-Beyer-Garrat-2-6-0-6-2-locomotive-/221660665498?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item339c01569a

What about Heljans?  £199,00p at Hattons.Other stores are available, maybe cheaper!!

So not so Rare!!!!

Perhaps this one runs for more than an hour before falling off the track......

Now that would make it rare!

• RMweb Gold

LMS Garratt for only £325.00p at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Definitly-VERY-RARE-Beyer-Garrat-2-6-0-6-2-locomotive-/221660665498?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item339c01569a

What about Heljans?  £199,00p at Hattons.Other stores are available, maybe cheaper!!

So not so Rare!!!!

Some in focus pictures might help his cause, unless my eyes have gone.

Mike.

Not price madness - but this comment:

never been out of boxes

running numbers E50621 ,E 50643

MAYBE IN WRONG BOX

on this article is interesting. (it must be magic)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-2-CAR-GREEN-DMU-OO-/291352631698?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item43d5f85992

Hello Mick

I read the whole thread about your NR trains, with some great interest I might add.

As NR is of course post-privatisation and therefore does not exist in my alternative reality (one in which HST's are safe from desecration!)  I learned quite a lot from your techniques and methodology.

For example, next time a NMT HST comes up for sale on ebay, I am going to buy it and plagiarise your techniques to turn it back to a passenger carrying, Swallow painted HST. ;)

I remember seeing in a magazine (MR probably) 20 years ago someone modelling the gauging train (or an older version)- though it was partnered with a SR driving trailer and a 37/31 at the other end. That wasn't you that built it, was it? It was White and blue with a red stripe, so probably not. ANyway, given modern LED's your lighting transformed the credibility of the model completely.

No not me guv............

B*gger - missed that auction.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Gold

I see that there is an initial production run of 4. I wonder how many have been sold so far?

"Designed and produced by a skilled team of craftsman as an answer to a boyhood dream for the man who has everything,"

Perhaps 'the man who has everything' would be the only fool to pay that amount of money for something so uninspiring and mediocre. Perhaps he would be wise, if he really wanted it, to pay less than £500. Even that would be expensive as we are all aware that layouts are very hard to sell.

• RMweb Gold

An even bigger bargain when you add postage!

Mike.

I see that there is an initial production run of 4. I wonder how many have been sold so far?

Hi,

This vastly overpriced rubbish has been discussed at some length earlier in the thread.

As was said before the person behind this stupidity clearly has no idea of anyything within our hobby.

Like I said before its comical how they use the term 'time vault capsule' for what we all call a layout!!.

My biggest concern is that the gutter press pick up on this idiot carry on and use it as a basis for one of their normal ridiculing attacks on our respectable hobby.

Regards

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

This vastly overpriced rubbish has been discussed at some length earlier in the thread.

As was said before the person behind this stupidity clearly has no idea of anyything within our hobby.

Like I said before its comical how they use the term 'time vault capsule' for what we all call a layout!!.

My biggest concern is that the gutter press pick up on this idiot carry on and use it as a basis for one of their normal ridiculing attacks on our respectable hobby.

Regards

I like the warning white painted platform edges on the non-track sides, behind the railing fences.

What irritates me about that is you might find an older geezer retiring and his wife wants to buy him the "ultimate" retirement present. Not knowing how "strange" that model looks and that it is a little on the expensive side, people could be paying that sort of money for that sort of quality.

I know caveat emptor, but even then...

I like the warning white painted platform edges on the non-track sides, behind the railing fences.

I prefer the white stripe going right down to the bottom of the ramp- EXACTLY the way they DON'T go on the real one. And that white stripe would be about 2 1/2 feet wide scaled up.

• RMweb Gold

And before spending that sort of money, I'd expect the item description to extend to more than a single sentence, even though that sentence runs to around a dozen lines ....

• Like 1

I'm sorry..it didn't seem like too bad of a deal to me.... I'd assumed at that price it included the office/showroom and all the fixtures and fitting!!!! :jester:  :jester:

though I was confused as to how they'd ship all that! :)

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 2