EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

I remember using a very similar type of unit when my father last set up a model railway when I was a kid. Solid and dependable he called it, I called it owchy on foot when it fell off the table ;)

The seller is a business with a name like that, so they can't use the usual eBay disclaimer of private sellers being exempted from certain laws. Trading standards would probably like to have a word with said business owner if they became aware i'd imagine,  as would insurers if someone bought it and set their place on fire...

I messaged the seller and asked him to remove it because I didn't want somebody's death on my conscience. It looks like the seller hasn't got one.

Apparently, people who looked at a loco I've just won also looked at this :scratchhead:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scratch-built-OO-Gauge-locomotive/142004386317

"Custom Scratchbuilt OO/00 Gauge 0-6-0 Tram engine? Possibly built by some blind idiot with learning difficulties and painted with what looks like a spit gun, I have no bloody idea why it was made or why I even bought it in the first place, it hurts my eyes to look at, runs well, wheels need a bit of cleaning, would make an interesting an unique addition to someone's collection and an interesting talking point if you ever willingly took it to show at a model railway show or club, the chassis, if you can't tell is a crudely cut up Lima 0-6-0 08/09 class screwed to the body using a bloody great woodscrew,

Serious bidders only, as I never want to see it again in my life. 

If you buy it and you aren't satisfied with this particular "locomotive?" Deal with it because I'm not giving you yer money back, it's your problem now."

O gauge manufacturers really need to improve the quality of their products, when scratchbuilt locos to this standard are offered at a bargain starting price. And you get two wagons thrown in as well!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/O-gauge-loco-wagon-and-brakevan-/231950961054

So that's two and a half hundred quid for a Lima motor bogie, a (not too badly upgraded) Lima toad and an anonymous wagon (maybe 3H Mouldings) and a cardboard firelighter. Bargain ;).

They're back!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/O-gauge-tramway-loco-wagon-and-brakevan/231956589828?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36561%26meid%3D687f35a16be449ceb4a29f4a58654848%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D231950961054

• RMweb Premium

Admit it - you had it on your "watchlist" and you've had the message to say it was relisted and you were hoping for a lower start price for your bid...?

:jester:

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

I'd noticed, but thought at £1 starting price it wasn't really worth mentioning, as it might almost be worth that for some part of it! But now the bidding has started, I see there's a reserve.

And no, it wasn't in my watch list, I just do a daily search for "O gauge" to see if there's anything I can pick up at an affordable price, AKA cheap!!

• Like 2

Apparently, people who looked at a loco I've just won also looked at this :scratchhead:

"Custom Scratchbuilt OO/00 Gauge 0-6-0 Tram engine? Possibly built by some blind idiot with learning difficulties and painted with what looks like a spit gun, I have no bloody idea why it was made or why I even bought it in the first place, it hurts my eyes to look at, runs well, wheels need a bit of cleaning, would make an interesting an unique addition to someone's collection and an interesting talking point if you ever willingly took it to show at a model railway show or club, the chassis, if you can't tell is a crudely cut up Lima 0-6-0 08/09 class screwed to the body using a bloody great woodscrew,

If you buy it and you aren't satisfied with this particular "locomotive?" Deal with it because I'm not giving you yer money back, it's your problem now."

Isn't it a bit expensive for a Lima 09 chassis and some firewood?

• RMweb Premium

I'd noticed, but thought at £1 starting price it wasn't really worth mentioning, as it might almost be worth that for some part of it! But now the bidding has started, I see there's a reserve.

And no, it wasn't in my watch list, I just do a daily search for "O gauge" to see if there's anything I can pick up at an affordable price, AKA cheap!!

It went for £3.20 :jester:

Edited by PhilJ W

• RMweb Gold

At last, confirmation of the dreaded eBay word "rare".

Mike.

Edited by Enterprisingwestern

• RMweb Gold

At last, confirmation of the dreaded eBay word "rare".

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Someone not doing their research.  A badly trashed Dapol unpowered Class 27 just went for £38 yet a complete undamaged brand new one is yours from Hattons for £33!!!

• Like 2