RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

This lot might be worth it for the TTTE Clarabel alone.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Job-Lot-70-Hornby-Triang-Jouef-Lima-Rail-Wagons-Transporters-Carriages-/253444253375?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Or not.....................

Cheers,

Mick

That apparently is the 'correct' face . Clarabel is the one telling the dirty joke and Annie is feigning shock....

I'm sure the underpaid production line workers in China couldn't care less which face they have!

From what I remember of the books (the only valid source!) Annie and Clarabel were/are bogie coaches. Six compartments (or rather five as the guard needs one) is hardly sufficient for a branch line train.

Apart from that this load of junk can't be worth more than about 20 quid (being generous) surely....

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

From what I remember of the books (the only valid source!) Annie and Clarabel were/are bogie coaches. Six compartments (or rather five as the guard needs one) is hardly sufficient for a branch line train.

You could argue that Awdrey's own models are also valid - and these were (rather short) bogie coaches. (Without the faces, I think).

• RMweb Gold

You could argue that Awdrey's own models are also valid - and these were (rather short) bogie coaches. (Without the faces, I think).

I'd forgotten about the layout, but it only proves my point. IIRC they were wagon bogies due to the sharp curves.

£200 for a copy of 'Toby the Tram Engine'?   :O  I wish I'd kept mine.... (It would have been a first edition but also worn out from continual re-reading....)

• RMweb Premium

I'd forgotten about the layout, but it only proves my point. IIRC they were wagon bogies due to the sharp curves.

Scratch-built bodies on a wagon chassis, I think.

£200 for a copy of 'Toby the Tram Engine'?   :O  I wish I'd kept mine.... (It would have been a first edition but also worn out from continual re-reading....)

The prices of these books do seem to vary hugely.

A niche market, like snuff boxes. There's a lot of variants of this unique loco on view just above the listing detail. You could get four or five to start the collection. So, take a punt - at 99p a go you won't have lost a lot if in ten years if they're not worth 50p.

• RMweb Premium

In some circles, painting a "GWR" loco in black and branding it LMS, burning at the stake would be a mild punishment............

Cheers,

Mick

....£200 for a copy of 'Toby the Tram Engine'?   :O  I wish I'd kept mine.... (It would have been a first edition but also worn out from continual re-reading....)

I've still got the whole set of original hardbacks and softbacks from Kaye & Ward days (1970s).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've still got the whole set of original hardbacks and softbacks from Kaye & Ward days (1970s).

I've got a set of 1951 books still with the slip covers somewhere! They were bought for me then by my father.,

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 2

I've got a set of 1951 books still with the slip covers somewhere! They were bought for me then by my father.,

The covers of some of mine ended up on some wall plaques made by my mother with plaster. The printed image was supposed to stick to the plaster. IIRC one or two worked....

I seem to recall my books were passed on to my brother....  :(

It might get the odd £100....  (Not that it's particularly bad or anything....)

£1,100 might or might not be too much as we don't have a clear list of the stock etc included.

However given what is clearly visible £100 is just a silly low valuation.

Undoubtedly, but will it sell? .

(I was joking....)

Anything is worth only what you can get for it. Broken into individual lots, it could well make more.

A thought!

Didn't we have a layout on pulleys some time ago that dragged on and on....

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

£1,100 might or might not be too much as we don't have a clear list of the stock etc included.

However given what is clearly visible £100 is just a silly low valuation.

I think the £100 was a bit tongue in cheek  ;)

As has been said its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

A list of stock would have been interesting ?

• RMweb Premium

In some circles, painting a "GWR" loco in black and branding it LMS, burning at the stake would be a mild punishment............

Cheers,

Mick

I agree, but in this case it IS a model of a GWR loco, so they can have it back!