EBay madness

Marcyg

On 16/04/2024 at 12:52, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

Aye, knew that already, the rollers apparently didn’t perform too well, hence the change to plungers, with the rollers being on the very first version from 1950, I just don’t remember when they changed, thought it was 51 but I heard, on my last trip to Severn Valley, it was 52 they made the swap (I also heard from them that, allegedly, only two roller examples survive today!). I also referred to it as “original” in the sense it was before the Triang buyout, when it was still made for M&S, and therefore the upgrade to a metal chassis and pickup through the wheels. 

Kicking myself now as in 1996 I decided not to buy a roller pickup Princess from Hemel Hempstead antique market due to the deformed Cellulose acetate body

It was marked as about £18 from memory and my logic was that i could get a more modern one for that much...

• Friendly/supportive 5

26 minutes ago, Captain Slough said:

Kicking myself now as in 1996 I decided not to buy a roller pickup Princess from Hemel Hempstead antique market due to the deformed Cellulose acetate body

It was marked as about £18 from memory and my logic was that i could get a more modern one for that much...

I think we could all do with Doc Emmet Brown's Delorean for times like this.

Failing that, what you know now, as your younger self..

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Well.... 🤔

It's different!

But a quick visit to the paint shop would help! 🙂

Whoever bought it would also have to do something about the fuel tanks that have been cut off.

Edited by Hroth
extra
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156166243218?

I don’t remember the Deltics wearing red… Certainly an interesting repaint, could defo do with being reverted to BR green though…

authentic livery from about 2002 when Porterbrook bought it out of preservation and put it into their active fleet

48707491682_45c838475f_b.jpg

Edited by Captain Slough
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Slough said:

authentic livery from about 2002 when Porterbrook bought it out of preservation and put it into their active fleet

48707491682_45c838475f_b.jpg

More an approximation of an authentic livery. Going by the above, the bogies should have been black*...

* And the cab quarterlights filled in!

• Like 1

On 19/04/2024 at 01:12, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156166243218?

I don’t remember the Deltics wearing red… Certainly an interesting repaint, could defo do with being reverted to BR green though…

IMG_0470.jpeg.1bcca9a4d7d78ee0b0dab2b78e971856.jpeg

Currently 22 quid. Doesn't actually seem too bad for a Dublo Deltic. It's not like the original Dublo paintjob was particularly complex to reproduce, so it could be a nice piece for someone not totally obsessed with originality.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, PatB said:

Currently 22 quid. Doesn't actually seem too bad for a Dublo Deltic. It's not like the original Dublo paintjob was particularly complex to reproduce, so it could be a nice piece for someone not totally obsessed with originality.

Its been "interfered with", the fuel tanks have been cut off, no one with an interest in originality would want it.

But you can't second-guess ebay bidders!

It went for 30 quid.  Spares or repairs?

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Quite clean and tidy apparently!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176343919066

It's been trashed!!!  Numerous issues, missing cab glazing, some strange blue ooze around the nose end, damage to the paint work all over and I suspect the chassis may not be the original as the coupling area under the oozing end looks suspiciously bodged.

Trouble is, it is a GF Large Logo 37 and people are paying daft money for them...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Trouble is, it is a GF Large Logo 37 and people are paying daft money for them...

As in, you’d be daft paying money for that…

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

There also seems to be lots of hairy grot between the bogies and the tumblehome.  Definitely used and abused!!

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

47 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

There also seems to be lots of hairy grot between the bogies and the tumblehome.  Definitely used and abused!!

It's never good to get lots of hairy grot between one's bogies and tumblehome. Gives the neighbours something else to talk about!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

It's never good to get lots of hairy grot between one's bogies and tumblehome. Gives the neighbours something else to talk about!

I believe there is an ointment for it nowadays.

Mike.

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1