EBay madness

Marcyg

They are quite rare - not bad for a loco that originally cost 36/- IIRC. This does seem rather OTT though seeing as the body is damaged. Spare pantographs are like hen's teeth! Repro parts are sometime available, but are pricey.

I didn't even know they made a steeple cab......

IIRC she was the first loco made for Tri-ang's catenary system - later joined by the EM2 and the TC double ended electric. It was probably not an enormous success due to not being steam* and looking foreign (though I believe there were some similar in NER territory?). The high cost of installing the catenary must also have been a factor. This was the first appearance of the 0-4-0 chassis, which sold far better under 'Nellie' and her sisters.

* At the time boys derided diesels and electrics.

Edited by Il Grifone

Off topic I know as non-railway but you just have to admire the optimism of some folks...........................

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toy-Soldier-Diorama-WWI-Britians-CBG-Mignot-Heyde-200-Lead-Figures-/181311888512?hash=item2a3707dc80

At a rough estimate the figures there would make about £300.00 max., perhaps a little more if the Malcolm Forbes provenance could be established.

And as for the diorama, well, I s'pose you could pay someone to take it away.........................

Edited by Adams442T
  • Like 1

Okay, this sort of person gets on my nerves! He puts beautiful Items up, each has a bid and BIN Option, yet he puts reserves on them! He will not let the item go for under the BIN price, and the bidding option is only there so he can see if he can get a little extra money! Shame, I really wanted one of the N15's........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/wildlifecams/m.html?item=111265752727&pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item19e7f4a697&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

"OIriginally (sic) supplied in LNER livery"

Scribbling out LNER with black crayon and plastering a BR emblem over the remains hasn't really altered anything in that respect.

That would have been better with the "BRITISH RAILWAYS" lettering...or at a pinch the early emblem...1956 is a bit late for a nice condition LNER livery!

They are quite rare - not bad for a loco that originally cost 36/- IIRC. This does seem rather OTT though seeing as the body is damaged. Spare pantographs are like hen's teeth! Repro parts are sometime available, but are pricey.

The Maroon "TR" steeple cab was the electric loco for the "Primary Series" starter sets introduced in 1959. It was later replaced by a BR Black "Nellie".

It had a plastic panto...and these are the rare bits! I have not seen many...

The "normal" green Steeple cab had the BR Coaching Stock Roundel on the cab doors.

The normal Maroon had "TR" in a unique Primary Series style.

The green SC with the TR "Shield" logo is the rare one...possibly from an export order for Holland?

Okay, this sort of person gets on my nerves! He puts beautiful Items up, each has a bid and BIN Option, yet he puts reserves on them! He will not let the item go for under the BIN price, and the bidding option is only there so he can see if he can get a little extra money! Shame, I really wanted one of the N15's........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/wildlifecams/m.html?item=111265752727&pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item19e7f4a697&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

From one of his items

" LOCO AND BOX IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.  LISTED AS USED BECAUSE DCC DECODER FITTED AND THE RULES STATE THAT THIS IS THE WAY IT HAS TO BE LISTED.

WILL COMBINE SHIPPING COSTS IF MORE THAN ONE ITEM IS WON.   BACHMAN 8 PIN CHIP FITTED No 5090 "

Shouldn't that be listed as 'used' because it is?

They usually sell for at most around half that, but this appears to be a really excellent example. Saying that I would want to inspect it carefully first, as I understand that years (50 in this case) of storage can lead to corrosion on the side in contact with the box. (Not that I would part with that much money for one....)

From one of his items

" LOCO AND BOX IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.  LISTED AS USED BECAUSE DCC DECODER FITTED AND THE RULES STATE THAT THIS IS THE WAY IT HAS TO BE LISTED.

WILL COMBINE SHIPPING COSTS IF MORE THAN ONE ITEM IS WON.   BACHMAN 8 PIN CHIP FITTED No 5090 "

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say......

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say......

Quite simple really, it has been removed from box and  altered by fitting a decoder, so it is not new, it is used.But the seller is saying he actually wanted to list as new, but couldn't.

Quite simple really, it has been removed from box and  altered by fitting a decoder, so it is not new, it is used.But the seller is saying he actually wanted to list as new, but couldn't.

That makes so much more sense! Thanks!

Slightly off topic, but I also like this. Not your average Granada, but an M&S Granada..  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Granada-Mk2-Bulletproof-/111266629801?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19e80208a9 One can only imagine, but if this car is bulletproof- what the heck caused the 'small dent' in the roof? (optional extras include leather seats and sawn-off in spare wheel well perhaps??)

Edit for typo.

Edited by 45059

Slightly off topic, but I also like this. Not your average Granada, but an M&S Granada..  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Granada-Mk2-Bulletproof-/111266629801?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19e80208a9 One can only imagine, but if this car is bulletproof- what the heck caused the 'small dent' in the roof? (optional extras include leather seats and sawn-off in spare wheel well perhaps??)

Edit for typo.

That is one damn nice car! If I lived in the UK, I would surely bid on it!

• RMweb Gold

As sold by one Mr D. Turpin http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251436669890?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 How much? For a straight re-number and 5 minute weathering job??

Ah - that will be booked to haul the infamous bargain fare working from the north east to the Cross in the early 70's - marketed by BR as "The Highwayman". Was booked to travel slow line most of the way, cant remember the timings now but it was something extravagantly slow.

Not quite sure why Hornby marketed this under the name though unless that branding was used elsewhere?

http://www.hornbyguide.com/item_details.asp?itemid=1133

Cheers

Phil

Edit for typo.

I'm mildly puzzled as to who might wish to shoot an M&S boss. Sainsbury executives wishing to corner the market in ready made sandwiches? Disgruntled pensioners unable to find an exact replacement for their favourite cardigan?

From one of his items

The seller is stating that he is listing the item as 'used', just because she's been fitted with a decoder. The item is second hand and therefore qualifies as 'used' anyway.

At least one other item has this statement, but is unboxed.

Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

Edited by Il Grifone

Edit for typo.

Oh my God, I think I know that car....!